• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

Guy100

Pokémon can only have one of their two possible types as a Tera type. So Fire and Grass are the only options for Fuecoco and Floragato.

The only way to get a different one is to catch one in the wild/Tera Raid, or change it manually via the Treasure Eatery in Medali.
I was hoping Roy's Fuecco would be a special case, like wild tera pokemon, since the horizon story had not yet revealed where it came from prior to boarding the Brave Asagi. Although, not that it may matter since Friede had previously explained some episodes ago that Fuecco followed the RVT since it admired Charizard after seeing its strength in battle.

That aside, I wonder if the mystery of Lucius's whereabouts will be tied to him being lost in some alternate dimension after his adventures with terapagos. Since Gibeon wants terapagos, I'm guessing terapagos in its full powered form is the key to opening this alternate dimension Lucius hid the Rakium thing.

If Amethio and Liko are indeed descendants of Lucius and Gibeon, then I guess it would make sense to why Terapagos seemingly had expressed some familiarity or connection between Liko and Amethio upon meeting them for the first time, as if they both remind it of former acquaintances during its previous adventures.

Also, since Dot may not be battling as much as Liko and Roy, I'm curious to what sort of activities she would be fulfilling in the new story arc. I can actually imagine Dot developing a friendship with Eri of Team Star.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
If this is an April Fools joke, it’s a very half-assed one.

EmperorNova

Looking at Hatterene's level-up moveset: If Liko's Hatenna really does evolve into Hattrem in the next few episodes, then fully evolves into Hatterene later on, I can easily imagine some fun ways her and possibly Meowscarada can battle side by side which I feel could reflect Liko's analytical/strategizing tendencies:

Hatterene's signature move is Magic Powder which turns the target into a Psychic-Type. Meowscarada is part-Dark. Offensively, I could see Hatterene turning an opponent's Pokemon that resists/is neutral to Dark into Psychic-Type so that it'd be weak to whatever Dark move Meowscarada might learn by then. Alternatively, it could also use it on Meowscarada herself to make her resist the Fighting-Type moves she'd now be weak to. Then couple that with the Heal Pulse she already knows, and I'm all for not only Hatenna battling more but also being the healer/support party member.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist.
that's great in theory but also 10x more complicated than I see the anime ever doing. Especially since type weaknesses don't matter... THAT much in the anime in the grand scheme of things.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I wonder if Gibeon has "Six Villains" to mirror Lucuis' "Six Heroes"

Rayquaza - Zygarde being both shiny dragon one existing in the sky and the other the ground. Maybe this could turn into some war between the Explorers and RVTs down the line.

KantoReturner25

I wonder if Gibeon has "Six Villains" to mirror Lucuis' "Six Heroes"

Rayquaza - Zygarde being both shiny dragon one existing in the sky and the other the ground. Maybe this could turn into some war between the Explorers and RVTs down the line.
Perhaps Gibeon is from the future? And maybe the shiny Zygarde is a premonition that the heroes might travel through history?

DomiDsLP

I don't think anyone really knows what an "action director" really is. This is the only show I know of that has that credit.
I have only additionally heard of Frieren: Beyond Journey's End which had that role for 岩澤亨 (Toru Iwazawa) and The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess which had that role for 髙木啓明 (Hiroaki Takagi).

It's a similar case to how noone really knows what a "main animator" is - 忍田雄介 (Yusuke Oshida) has that role for some episodes of PM2023 after all.
In contrast to how this role can also be credited series-wide in the OP credits instead of alongside the episode specific parts in the ED credits.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Perhaps Gibeon is from the future? And maybe the shiny Zygarde is a premonition that the heroes might travel through history?
Unless he traveled from the future to the past and lived on into the present, it’s more likely he is just from the past.

Karnage

Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
I just realised something. Amethio has not once bowed to Gibeon. Not in episode 6 where he just storms off. Not even in his one-to-one audience (besides Hamber) in episode 34. And in ep 45, the animators very sneakily keep Amethio just off screen so we can't see if he bowed or not. We do see that he's the only one (again, besides Hamber) who's not a hologram though.

I was also rewatching the Explorers meeting in episode 27 and noticed that Spinel's suggestion was to simply monitor them rather than going after Terapagos again (it was Amethio who suggested going after Rayquaza, and I'm guessing Spinel only acted on it because he would hate losing to Amethio). And he smiled creepily this episode once Gibeon told them to do exactly that.

I'm so curious about what his plans are. I noticed that Amethio didn't mention anything about going after Liko this episode, just Terapagos. Infact I don't think he even tried in episode 24-25. Maybe he thinks Liko is unnecessary now that he knows the pendant is a Pokemon? But Spinel does still seem to believe that Liko is relevant. I really hope we get to see what these two get up to despite not being in the academy.

EmperorNova

We have already had characters in the same series with Eve Gladion Lana
This. Also Penny is just going to show up for this arc and will go away afterwards, meaning someone in the main cast will have to be the Eevee taxi.

Hence best case scenario it just becomes another RVT mon that hangs around the ship and just sits there and be cute like which is sadly all it's good for these days.

Karnage

Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
I hope Agate joining the teacher's means we're going to see her interact with Raifort and become evil besties lol.

I also wonder if Lucca is going to be a teacher since they never specified what school she taught in from what I remember. She probably does teach in Naranja though.

Any guesses for what her and Agate's subjects could be? I could see one of them being a geography teacher. It's not a subject they already had in the games and it's one that they can incorporate Pokemon into easily. I could also see Agate being a Computer Science or technology teacher.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
The set up for "Cool Teacher Friede™" is there, I'm going to be disappointed if they don't do it.

Friede's the kind of teacher that seems like he would just somewhat stick out among the staff and I'm totally here for more adult-adult dynamics in the anime.

He needs to do more pseudo-professor stuff, he "gave" Dot and Roy their starters.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist.
From what was seen briefly in the commercial trailer thingy, it seems like Friede is more busy with fixing the Brave Asagi than anything else.