• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
btw they've rearranged the voice cast list starting with the previous episode. Instead of the order being Liko, Nyarote, Roy, Hogator, Friede, Orio, Murdock, Molly, Randou, Dot, Kuwassu, it's now Liko, Nyarote, Roy, Hogator, Dot, Kuwassu, Friede, Orio, Murdock, Molly, Randou.

Which is a bit more fitting.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
btw they've rearranged the voice cast list starting with the previous episode. Instead of the order being Liko, Nyarote, Roy, Hogator, Friede, Orio, Murdock, Molly, Randou, Dot, Kuwassu, it's now Liko, Nyarote, Roy, Hogator, Dot, Kuwassu, Friede, Orio, Murdock, Molly, Randou.

Our girl Dot is moving up in the world yay <3!!!

Trey pokes

Justice for Dot!

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
While it's unlikely, I'd love to see Kieran introduced as a second rival for Roy in the anime. He'd offer a compelling contrast to Roy's character, being an insecure, introverted individual compared to Roy's outgoing, carefree nature. Despite his toxic pursuit of strength, Kieran's love for his Pokémon matches Roy's. And don't even get me started on the potential Kitakami arc – it's phenomenal in the games.

Kind of sucks we won't get Pepper/Arven or his arc. either since SV really cooked with the PokeBoys stories.

Last edited:

KantoReturner25

While it's unlikely, I'd love to see Kieran introduced as a second rival for Roy in the anime. He'd offer a compelling contrast to Roy's character, being an insecure, introverted individual compared to Roy's outgoing, carefree nature. Despite his toxic pursuit of strength, Kieran's love for his Pokémon matches Roy's. And don't even get me started on the potential Kitakami arc – it's phenomenal in the games.

Kind of sucks we won't get Pepper/Arven or his arc. either since SV really cooked with the PokeBoys stories.
Well, if the Trio does go to Kitakami, what Pokémon will they capture?

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well, if the Trio does go to Kitakami, what Pokémon will they capture?
I could see the kids, especially Liko and Roy, getting two more Pokémon each. However, given the pacing of PM2023, the idea of them having full teams seems unrealistic. The show is clearly focused on developing the starters, and it would be impractical to give them more Pokémon when the secondary ones are already not getting much attention.

This is particularly evident with the girls' Pokémon, which haven't had any episodes dedicated to them after their capture episodes. It's frustrating because proper development or battle participation for their captures doesn't even require a whole dedicated episode. It feels like they don't wanna to give the Pokémon much development outside of dedicated affairs specifically for that, compare that to Satoshi who immediately just did stuff like send out freshly caught Pokemon for a battle in any random throwaway episode without that specifically being about that Pokemon.

In comparison, Satoshi usually had about four Pokémon by the 50-episode mark of his journey. As for future captures, I don't think they will catch Kitakami Pokémon; instead, Kieran and his sister will likely just show them off.

EmperorNova

Hopefully episodes after EP52 will feature Hatenna and Tinkatink especially if Hatenna really IS going to evolve this arc like the food merch featuring Hattrem possible hints at. Otherwise, my worries that they're giving Roy all the battle/training stuff because he's a boy will really hold water.

Bad enough I hear that the minor staff changes while minor, involve people from older series and I certainly know how those treated their female characters...someone correct me on this.

ShadowForce720

Hopefully episodes after EP52 will feature Hatenna and Tinkatink especially if Hatenna really IS going to evolve this arc like the food merch featuring Hattrem possible hints at. Otherwise, my worries that they're giving Roy all the battle/training stuff because he's a boy will really hold water.

Bad enough I hear that the minor staff changes while minor, involve people from older series and I certainly know how those treated their female characters...someone correct me on this.
If they were planning on giving all the battle/training stuff to to Roy and not Liko and Dot then then they wouldn’t have had Liko and Dot battle the Gym Leaders and participate in the Terastal Training.

Look just pointing this out but if you look at the track record both Liko and Dot have battled just as much as Roy. So at this point the notion that the idea that they are just going to give all the battle/training stuff to Roy just suddenly hold water is ridiculous and just seems more like a attempt at fear mongering.

I mean heck at the start of this very arc Liko battled and beat Ann and then in the very next episode she battled the Gym Leader Katy while in the most recent episode Dot battled Roy and a Varoom and is going to be battling Iono in the upcoming episode.

Not only that Liko and Floragato are getting a focus episode in episode 51.

Luana

Um ser amor! ♥
Hatenna is the one with the least focus on battles. Tinkatink needs to mature a lot, as she is very crybaby (cute). Wattrel is the most capable of evolving, in fact I suspect it will be in EP 52.

Articfoxgamez

I Exist.
This is particularly evident with the girls' Pokémon, which haven't had any episodes dedicated to them after their capture episodes.
I'd argue the Tandemaus Episode counts for Hattena. As for Tinkatink there hasn't been an opportunity yet. Episode 41 onward is the only good spot and we've only had two episodes of that timing announced so far.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Rika got added to Masters recently and Poppy is coming today so maybe they’d want to line them up?
Sheer coincidence. The anime producers should have said something by now, and they're always upfront about what they reference with cross-promotions and stuff. But so far, other than Ash dropping into the game (and vanishing since it's been almost 2 years since he vanished), the anime nor the games have made any connections between each other in regards to anything else (so Erika having Leafeon and Cynthia having her expendable Kommo-o were also coincidences to their Sync Pairs in Masters).

MunchMunch

I could see the kids, especially Liko and Roy, getting two more Pokémon each. However, given the pacing of PM2023, the idea of them having full teams seems unrealistic. The show is clearly focused on developing the starters, and it would be impractical to give them more Pokémon when the secondary ones are already not getting much attention.

This is particularly evident with the girls' Pokémon, which haven't had any episodes dedicated to them after their capture episodes. It's frustrating because proper development or battle participation for their captures doesn't even require a whole dedicated episode. It feels like they don't wanna to give the Pokémon much development outside of dedicated affairs specifically for that, compare that to Satoshi who immediately just did stuff like send out freshly caught Pokemon for a battle in any random throwaway episode without that specifically being about that Pokemon.

In comparison, Satoshi usually had about four Pokémon by the 50-episode mark of his journey. As for future captures, I don't think they will catch Kitakami Pokémon; instead, Kieran and his sister will likely just show them off.
I mean technically the mouse episode was about Hattena where it even learned a new move.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sheer coincidence. The anime producers should have said something by now, and they're always upfront about what they reference with cross-promotions and stuff. But so far, other than Ash dropping into the game (and vanishing since it's been almost 2 years since he vanished), the anime nor the games have made any connections between each other in regards to anything else (so Erika having Leafeon and Cynthia having her expendable Kommo-o were also coincidences to their Sync Pairs in Masters).
This is a lot of assumptions and headcanons. Cynthia having Kommo-o & Erika having Leafeon is literally only a thing in Masters so to say it’s just a coincidence is just being difficult for the sake of it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is a lot of assumptions and headcanons. Cynthia having Kommo-o & Erika having Leafeon is literally only a thing in Masters so to say it’s just a coincidence is just being difficult for the sake of it.
The weird thing about these two is that they weren't even given enough promotion, which makes me question if they were even there to promote Masters. Cynthia's Kommo-o existed for a few minutes before disappearing, and Erika's Leafeon was more of a background Eevee because the focus was on Goh's bugs than Chloe's interest on Leafeon (and was the only Eevee trainer who looked forced as a character than the others). (Also, while Erika & Leafeon can be gotten at any time, Cynthia & Kommo-o weren't available during the weird second Sinnoh arc, so...looks very odd to promote a Sync Pair you can't get when you see them both in the episode.)

It wasn't like Goh's blatant Pokemon GO marketing, which is the reason he's alive to begin with.

And the fact Poppy just debuted today in Masters doesn't mean much if the anime isn't aligning Poppy for an episode this Friday because they'd surely want to give the earliest alert for people to try to get her while she's fresh.

Last edited: