• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Why are people even factoring Friede's team? They're clearly meant to be supporting characters. I doubt they'll get many team changes, if at all.

ShadowForce720

Why are people even factoring Friede's team? They're clearly meant to be supporting characters. I doubt they'll get many team changes, if at all.
I mean to be fair Kukui was also a supporting character and yet still wound up having a full team.

So it’s possible that even if Friede doesn’t catch anything that he could just be revealed to have a full team and later on in the series show the other members of his team off.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I was talking about the Volt Tacklers as a whole.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Haven't watched with Subbed yet so apologise if it get explained via dialogue but do we know which Pokemon belongs to who on the crew?

Noctowl, Chansey, Carkoal, Slugma, Elekid, Nosepass, Quaxly, Pawmi, Fuecoco, Metagross, Alcreamie, Rockruff, Pikachu, Charizard, Nosepass, Muk, Shuckle, and Snorunt are all shown. My assumptions on who they belong to are below

Friede : Pikachu, Charizard (Obvious), Nosepass (Based on the Opening), Noctowl? (Friede directly comanded it and it protected the other pokemon so like a leader?)
Orla: Metagross (Confirmed) Carkoal, Slugma and Elekid (Based on Opening)
Murdock: Rockruff (Confimred), Alcreamie(Based on opening)
Mollie: Chansey (Confirmed) Snorunt, Muk, Pawmi and Shuckle (Based on opening)

Fuecoco and Quaxly are the odd ones out, Bulbapedia lists Fuecoco as belonging to Orla so not sure if that is in the dialogue. Quaxly is only on shot when Ludlow is so maybe he's its trainer. Feel like one of the crew memeber probably is Nidothing or theres another person we've not met yet who is part of the crew who it could be.

So far it looks pretty good, first episodes set it up well, has a bit of a one piece vibe for my currently with the crew and everything. Love that it looks like the series won't be eposodic too

ShadowForce720

Haven't watched with Subbed yet so apologise if it get explained via dialogue but do we know which Pokemon belongs to who on the crew?

Noctowl, Chansey, Carkoal, Slugma, Elekid, Nosepass, Quaxly, Pawmi, Fuecoco, Metagross, Alcreamie, Rockruff, Pikachu, Charizard, Nosepass, Muk, Shuckle, and Snorunt are all shown. My assumptions on who they belong to are below

Friede : Pikachu, Charizard (Obvious), Nosepass (Based on the Opening), Noctowl? (Friede directly comanded it and it protected the other pokemon so like a leader?)
Orla: Metagross (Confirmed) Carkoal, Slugma and Elekid (Based on Opening)
Murdock: Rockruff (Confimred), Alcreamie(Based on opening)
Mollie: Chansey (Confirmed) Snorunt, Muk, Pawmi and Shuckle (Based on opening)

Fuecoco and Quaxly are the odd ones out, Bulbapedia lists Fuecoco as belonging to Orla so not sure if that is in the dialogue. Quaxly is only on shot when Ludlow is so maybe he's its trainer. Feel like one of the crew memeber probably is Nidothing or theres another person we've not met yet who is part of the crew who it could be.

So far it looks pretty good, first episodes set it up well, has a bit of a one piece vibe for my currently with the crew and everything. Love that it looks like the series won't be eposodic too
You know this just a thought but what if Nidothing turns out to actually be Ludlow’s Granddaughter or Grandson?

Also I wouldn’t mind if Ann joins the eventually.

Although I suppose there is the possibility that it could be the case that Ann is Nidothing and that it turns out that Ludlow is her Grandfather and the Quaxly belongs to him hence why she just got her stater Pokémon being Oshawott at the academy despite having a bond with Quaxly and eventually Ludlow will give Quaxly to Ann.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Ann isn’t Nidothing and Nidothing is a different character. Especially considering they have different VA’s and I don’t know if they would give a character two different VA’s just to hide that characters identity.

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
You know this just a thought but what if Nidothing turns out to actually be Ludlow’s Granddaughter or Grandson?

Also I wouldn’t mind if Ann joins the eventually.

Although I suppose there is the possibility that it could be the case that Ann is Nidothing and that it turns out that Ludlow is her Grandfather and the Quaxly belongs to him hence why she just got her stater Pokémon being Oshawott at the academy despite having a bond with Quaxly and eventually Ludlow will give Quaxly to Ann.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Ann isn’t Nidothing and Nidothing is a different character. Especially considering they have different VA’s and I don’t know if they would give a character two different VA’s just to hide that characters identity.
Origianlly before the episode I thought Ann would be Nidothing however, they showed her explicity feeling asleep watching them. I not sure if Nidothing is meant to be like a livestream so she couldn't be in two places at once, if it is just video maybe but it would be pretty narsasistic to watch yourself lol

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Origianlly before the episode I thought Ann would be Nidothing however, they showed her explicity feeling asleep watching them. I not sure if Nidothing is meant to be like a livestream so she couldn't be in two places at once, if it is just video maybe but it would be pretty narsasistic to watch yourself lol
So far the leading theory is that Ludlow is Nidothing lol

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I mean to be fair Kukui was also a supporting character and yet still wound up having a full team.

So it’s possible that even if Friede doesn’t catch anything that he could just be revealed to have a full team and later on in the series show the other members of his team off.
Although Kukui was the Champion analogue of the region so he needed to have a full team.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I feel like one of the two could get Mankey to have a full arc through evolution and eventually becoming an ace, or at least very strong.
I can see another "Mankey steals from an Item from the main character" episode with it obviously being one of the kids magic item.
Only near the end of SM and for the final league battle against Ash.
I was talking about the Volt Tacklers as a whole.
I can see each member maybe getting one more each tops and probably Paldea Pokémon.

ShadowForce720

You know come to think of it considering so far Amethio has Ceruledge as his main battler while Corviknignt is his Flyer that he can use for transportation, and considering here is part of Explorer maybe his remaining Pokémon will also have some kind of role.

So for instance he probably has a Pokémon that can be used to Surf and Dive and that can battle underwater since Ceruledge couldn’t really be used underwater.

He could also have a Pokémon that can climb, as well as one that can dig and drill.

Maybe also one that can light the way or do something else.

In all honesty Chandelure looks like a Pokémon he could have but I don’t know if they would have him have two Pokémon that pretty much have the exact same type combination, now sure their battle styles are different as one is a primarily physical attacker while on the other is a primarily special attacker but even then.

In terms of Pokémon to fill the role of serving as his water battler along with serving as his Water transportation while I’m not sure if it necessarily fits into the color scheme but Veluza would be a good choice.

Although there are other choices and they could go with one that fits his team’s colors scheme even better.

Of course all of his Pokémon don’t necessarily have to fit his color scheme but there is a possibility they will fit into his color scheme like Ceruledge and Corviknight do.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Asking cause of some pics I saw on Rafs twitter, is anipoke trying to tell us that Liko and Roy are gonna be allowed to ecentually catch Terpagos and a Shiny Rayquaza, two Uber-Tier, eventually?

Right after they cheated Ash out of catching one of the Eon duo, which they should have let him btw, which in turn came after a season where he was forced to stand by as the spoiled tagalong Goh was given two, and the rest of thelame PM OC's have them too.

ShadowForce720

Asking cause of some pics I saw on Rafs twitter, is anipoke trying to tell us that Liko and Roy are gonna be allowed to ecentually catch Terpagos and a Shiny Rayquaza, two Uber-Tier, eventually?

Right after they cheated Ash out of catching one of the Eon duo, which they should have let him btw, which in turn came after a season where he was forced to stand by as the spoiled tagalong Goh was given two, and the rest of thelame PM OC's have them too.
Just some words of advice it’s best to not go into the current Pokémon series and future Pokémon series with the mentality of “why didn’t they allow Ash to have that”? because otherwise your going to be disappointed.

I don’t think it’s right to except the current series or future series to shackle and restrict the new main characters and prevent them from doing “x” just because Ash hadn’t done it, or been “allowed” to do it before.

This current series is a separate series so even is revealed into to take place in the same universe as the previous series it’s best to judge the new main characters in terms of the current series and not the previous ones.

Also no offense but when you ask that are they going to let Liko and Roy eventually catch Uber-tier Pokémon when they didn’t allow Ash to catch one of the Eon Duo, it honestly makes it look like you’re just looking for something to criticize.

Look will there be valid criticisms when it comes to the new series? Yes, sure but it trying to criticize the current series because the past series didn’t “allow” Ash to do “x” even though the new characters in the current are supposedly going to be doing “x” seems ridiculous and pointless.

—————————————————-

I was looking at Freide’s Pikachu’s move set and looking at it it’s move pool when I notice something interesting by how it learns those moves this is how it breaks down:

Freide’s Pikachu:
Thunder Punch(TM)
Double Team(level up)
Volt Tackle(Breeding/Egg move)

If you notice each move that Freide’s Pikachu knows is from a different section of its move pool and the only section that it hasn’t covered yet is the special moves which the only move in that section is Fly so if Freide’s Pikachu’s move set is going to be composed of moves from each category then it will likely learn or know Fly.

So going off that then it’s current move set is likely or will likely be this:

Freide’s Pikachu:
Thunder Punch(TM)
Double Team(level up)
Volt Tackle(Breeding/Egg move)
Fly(Special)

It’s also probably has a Terra type of Flying.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I really hope that, Liko doesn't end-up becoming like many of the older Female Cast of the Series, as far as team-build and battle record goes.

Hope she gets a good balanced combat oriented team (considering she did seem to have an interest in Pokemon Battles).

Also, i really hope that some of the Pokemon she tries to catch (if she catches any in the future), are based on her need as part of battle strategy (like trying to capture a Ground/Dark or Rock/Dark or Water/Dark, etc pokemon as a counter to Amethio's Ceruledge or capturing a Tinkatink line Pokemon as a counter to Amethio's Corviknight).

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
One thing I'm confident that Liko and Roy would do capture-wise is that they'll make a double capture together.

ShadowForce720

One thing I'm confident that Liko and Roy would do capture-wise is that they'll make a double capture together.
They could also have it be a case where there double captures can evolve via trade and in a later episode they trade them to each other causing the Pokémon to evolve.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
They could also have it be a case where there double captures can evolve via trade and in a later episode they trade them to each other causing the Pokémon to evolve.
Honestly there's a few reasons why don't see that happen the biggest being the kid's party slots is valuable real estate in terms of marketing for any relevant Pokémon for whatever games that are currently out and none of the current trade evo Pokémon fall under that category.

ShadowForce720

Honestly there's a few reasons why don't see that happen the biggest being the kid's party slots is valuable real estate in terms of marketing for any relevant Pokémon for whatever games that are currently out and none of the current trade evo Pokémon fall under that category.
The fact that this is a world traveling series indicates that while sure Paldea is a focus it’s not the only focus as the show still focuses on all the regions.

So chances are both Liko’s and Roy’s teams will have some past gen Pokémon on them as well as some Paldean Pokémon, sort of like how Ash’s team in Journeys wasn’t just all Galar Pokémon.

If they wanted Liko’s and Roy’s team to just be exclusively composed of Paldean Pokémon then they would have had the current series set solely or primarily in the Paldea region instead of having it be a world travel series where they are on airship.

Look I get that people got used to how things where with Ash for gens 1-7 where he would only get Pokémon from the current regions and wouldn’t get Pokémon that weren’t relevant to the current regions but those days are long gone now.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Just some words of advice it’s best to not go into the current Pokémon series and future Pokémon series with the mentality of “why didn’t they allow Ash to have that”? because otherwise your going to be disappointed.
I knew friends who were like this when Digimon Tamers was airing. It took year to realize that letting an independent series stand and crumble on its own merits was a good idea.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything

I don’t think it’s right to except the current series or future series to shackle and restrict the new main characters and prevent them from doing “x” just because Ash hadn’t done it, or been “allowed” to do it before.

This current series is a separate series so even is revealed into to take place in the same universe as the previous series it’s best to judge the new main characters in terms of the current series and not the previous ones.

Also no offense but when you ask that are they going to let Liko and Roy eventually catch Uber-tier Pokémon when they didn’t allow Ash to catch one of the Eon Duo, it honestly makes it look like you’re just looking for something to criticize.

Look will there be valid criticisms when it comes to the new series? Yes, sure but it trying to criticize the current series because the past series didn’t “allow” Ash to do “x” even though the new characters in the current are supposedly going to be doing “x” seems ridiculous and pointless.
(Late response) It'll probably be the one of only two things I do complain about. Screw the those asshole writers for making Ash's last series an absolute joke and having that duel protag schtick they wedged in there for good measure, Ash should have gotten a better season at the awful trash-fire that is JN, where he could and should have gotten a starter again and one of the Paradox Dragons, and then afterwords I would have been okay with them retiring him.

Sage52

Liko's team prediction:
1st: Sprigatito - Floragato - Meowscarada
2nd: Fidough - Dachsbun
3rd: Charcadet - Armarouge
4th: Tinkatink - Tinkatuff - Tinkaton
5th: Dunsparce - Dudunsparce (Three-Segment Form)
6th: Glimmet - Glimmora ~ Special Tera Form

Towards the end Dudunsparce will either be temporarily or permanently released to be the guardian of the helpless Dunsparce's where Liko originally caught hers and Terapagos will take their place.