• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

Red and Blue

Red and Blue

Aside from Eevee I guess there is the possibility of a Gen 9 mythical. A cute small Pokemon like Mew or Manaphy could work for Liko.

Unless people think that would make her too overpowered.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Aside from Eevee I guess there is the possibility of a Gen 9 mythical. A cute small Pokemon like Mew or Manaphy could work for Liko.

Unless people think that would make her too overpowered.
Doesn't she's already have something similar to that around her neck right now.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Maybe Captain Pikachu will be the shouldermon

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Lmao no.

Chardacet give me more vibes same as Riolu and Pikachu.
I believe Filttle gonna be just a COTD pokemon.
Although I don't think that she will get one. I actually believe that there will be another rival character who uses Armarouge.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I have a feeling Roy's going to be the more outgoing and adventurous of the pair of protagonists. If so, I hope Liko breaking out of her shell and coming into her own as a character isn't entirely dependent on having Roy around to inspire her. Want to see her develop on her own merit.

Morax

King of heroes
I have a feeling Roy's going to be the more outgoing and adventurous of the pair of protagonists. If so, I hope Liko breaking out of her shell and coming into her own as a character isn't entirely dependent on having Roy around to inspire her. Want to see her develop on her own merit.
Roy is the same template as Ash. There's absolutely no variety when it comes to boys in this anime. Like, where's my delinquent protagonist..?
images

KyleK

Fatebreaker
Eevee strikes me more as a Pokemon that would be caught by Friede as he already has a Charizard and a Pikachu. The only alternative to Friede that I can think of would be Gurumin.

I also doubt that Liko and Roy will get full Paldea teams as Horizons follows the Journeys formula of travelling around the world. If the gen5 remakes are indeed coming next year, it is very likely that both of them will get a Pokemon from Unova.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Eevee strikes me more as a Pokemon that would be caught by Friede as he already has a Charizard and a Pikachu. The only alternative to Friede that I can think of would be Gurumin.

I also doubt that Liko and Roy will get full Paldea teams as Horizons follows the Journeys formula of travelling around the world. If the gen5 remakes are indeed coming next year, it is very likely that both of them will get a Pokemon from Unova.
I'm not thinking that they'll get Pokemon from any region other than Paldea and Kanto.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Roy is the same template as Ash. There's absolutely no variety when it comes to boys in this anime. Like, where's my delinquent protagonist..?
images
Josuke is hardly a delinquent

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Literally Liko's room mate has one from Unova. She might appear often.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not expecting Riko's team to be very representative of the series. Ash in Journeys only got 2 Galar Pokemon (one of which is a Regional Evolution of a Regional Variant of a Kanto mon), 3 Kanto mons (Pikachu included), and one Sinnoh Pokemon who is one of the few non-Gen 1 Pokemon to be highly promoted (Lucario). I'm expecting Riko to own quite a few Kanto Pokemon, including Eevee. Ever since XY at least one girl has always gotten an Eevee, and I'm not expecting that to change as Eevee could become Riko's new shouldermon once Sprigatito evolves.

Sham

The Guardian of War
"Maybe they'll get an Eevee"

but in all seriousness I don't even think anybody cares that it's just Eevee but the fact that they refuse to let it present it's lure which is choosing from it's many evolutions. It's why nobody really complains about Serena's Eevee.