• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Things I want know:

Who crafted the mysterious pokeball and why?
How long has Rayquaza been captured in that pokeball?
Who captured Rayquaza and why?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I do wonder if they're going to take full advantage of this (presumed) new continuity and have alternate sets of champions and gym leaders. Would be great if we saw characters like Benga be Champion of Unova while they're in any future Unova episodes.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
People will keep making these “Ash will come back” posts the more attention they get and y’all are helping them.

Red and Blue

Exactly why would people even want Ash back. The kid's extremely flat as a character and he already got(?) what he wanted(?).
When we found out that Ash was being replaced I saw some fans who were upset at this. As static as Ash is they might of been content for him staying the main character permanently.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Horizons got more views on youtube than JN lol

Veedramon

Given that Roy lost his legendary mon, while Liko still has access to hers, I think the chances of Quaxly going to the former to sort of "make up" for that is pretty high.

I certainly hope there's something in store for him (other than that empty ancient ball)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Eh I wouldnt call Liko still having access to her legendary mon, baby Terapagos seems like a Cosmog situation plus its more a deux ex machina as of now than an actual character Liko can interact with

Veedramon

Eh I wouldnt call Liko still having access to her legendary mon, baby Terapagos seems like a Cosmog situation plus its more a deux ex machina as of now than an actual character Liko can interact with
I dunno, it still feels unbalanced to me.
Mini-pagos can always get character moments with Liko in later episodes, since it's right there.

Roy, on the other hand, probably won't get that Rayquaza back till the end of the series. He would only have Feucoco as his hyper relevant mon to interact and have character moments with

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I dunno, it still feels unbalanced to me.
Mini-pagos can always get character moments with Liko in later episodes, since it's right there.

Roy, on the other hand, probably won't get that Rayquaza back till the end of the series. He would only have Feucoco as his hyper relevant mon to interact with
I mean feels like a lot of assumptions to me
For all we know Terapagos doesn't communicate or get any substantial moments with Liko until the end
It doesnt really feel like unbalanced to me, heck if Roy still had Rayquaza in a pokeball that he can release at any time....now that would be unbalanced

Veedramon

I mean feels like a lot of assumptions to me
For all we know Terapagos doesn't communicate or get any substantial moments with Liko until the end
It doesnt really feel like unbalanced to me, heck if Roy still had Rayquaza in a pokeball that he can release at any time....now that would be unbalanced
Well to be fair it's had 2 interactions with her already, and is currently the thing that the bad guys are after, so it'll probably have more.

Also, he doesn't have to be able to release it at any time. It could be a deus ex machina that could save him/them on rarer occasions before going back into his ancient ball, but that's not an option anymore:(

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well to be fair it's had 2 interactions with her already, and is currently the thing that the bad guys are after, so it'll probably have more.

Also, he doesn't have to be able to release it at any time. It could be a deus ex machina that could save him/them on rarer occasions before going back into his ancient ball, but that's not an option anymore:(
I feel Rayquaza would have been too overkill as a deus ex machina
Would rather Roy pursuing him as his main goal leading to him battling more legendaries too as stated in his character introduction

Veedramon

I feel Rayquaza would have been too overkill as a deus ex machina
Would rather Roy pursuing him as his main goal leading to him battling more legendaries too as stated in his character introduction
That's the thing though.

If Roy's gonna be pursuing his legend throughout the story, I feel like him getting Quaxly to compensate for not having an on-hand machina could make things more "balanced" between him and Liko