• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket monsters filler episode list

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
List the episodes of the new series as filler/ non-filler (along with reason if non-filler)

Ep-01 - Non-filler (Go introduction, Pikachu backstory as Pichu)
Ep-02 - Non-filler (Ash & Go meet)

Continue...

Rohanator

Can we like, actuallys stop doing this? Especially now that they've literally said that the new series is meant to be more episodic. There will be no filler, every episode is meant to be watched.

Even if they didn't say it, that's just how Pokemon is, over half of the first season is "filler". OVER HALF. Are you gonna tell people to skip over half of the show? What's even the point then? Pokemon doesn't have filler, stop putting this inherently negative label on perfectly enjoyable and valid episodes because some arbitruary event didn't happen in them.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Can we like, actuallys stop doing this? Especially now that they've literally said that the new series is meant to be more episodic. There will be no filler, every episode is meant to be watched.

Even if they didn't say it, that's just how Pokemon is, over half of the first season is "filler". OVER HALF. Are you gonna tell people to skip over half of the show? What's even the point then? Pokemon doesn't have filler, stop putting this inherently negative label on perfectly enjoyable and valid episodes because some arbitruary event didn't happen in them.
Have I asked them to skip the show?

By keeping a battle record thread, has the user asked the other users to not watch episode not containing battles, or not to watch battles in which Ash loses?

By making a "pokemon moves" thread, has the user asked other users to not to watch episode in which no new move is used by a Pokemon?

You should keep your head calm so that you can understand that no one is saying to skip the filler episodes. It's just a thread for a record. And if you have any problem with the thread, you can choose not to open it, or heck, if you think this is useless, you can report it to the mod, and they can take the right action.

Episode being a filler does not mean it's utter crap or unenjoyable. Get your facts right. The purpose of the forum is discussion between the fans. You have any problem with the discussion, you can leave it instead of bashing on others!

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
EPISODE 3: non-filler (new characters introduced, Go meets Team Rocket for the first time)
EPISODE 4: non-filler (Scorbunny introduction, Galar introduction)
EPISODE 5: non-filler (Dynamax introduction, Scorbunny caught)
EPISODE 6: non-filler (Go catches a bunch of new Pokemon)
EPISODE 7: non-filler (Ash has Mimey as his new Pokemon, Go catches more Pokemon, Go's first official trainer battle)

Damn look at all those non-fillers :eek:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
EPISODE 3: non-filler (new characters introduced, Go meets Team Rocket for the first time)
EPISODE 4: non-filler (Scorbunny introduction, Galar introduction)
EPISODE 5: non-filler (Dynamax introduction, Scorbunny caught)
EPISODE 6: non-filler (Go catches a bunch of new Pokemon)
EPISODE 7: non-filler (Ash has Mimey as his new Pokemon, Go catches more Pokemon, Go's first official trainer battle)

Damn look at all those non-fillers :eek:
At this rate, most of the episodes this series could turn out to be non- filler episode. And as far as episode 8 and 9 are concerned, they also seem to be non-filler as Go will visit both the regions for the first time!

D

Deleted member 384931

Fillers are episodes showing content which was not written by the original author or in other words is not 'canon OR
Filler episodes are mostly used in Anime to give time to the Author/script writer/Mangaka to produce more content. (i. e. when the Anime reaches on par with the manga, The anime team has two options, That being either to go on a hiatus until more content is produced, or Air filler episodes with random story, not related to the main plot so that it cannot effect the original story.)

But sometimes the filler episodes are produced by the studios to commemorate special occasions and festivals. For example Christmas special episodes, New year specials as well as Golden week specials.

And rarely it is used to give the audience a rest from the main story.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-does-a-filler-mean-in-anime

We really should have a meaning for pokémon, and stick with it.

Nikinini

I would say previous series, maybe even the original series, did have filler. Even if over half of it is like that, there was still a goal to look foward to, and these episodes didn't contribute to that

That stopped since Sun and Moon though. That series was primarily a comedy, so those "filler" episodes where nothing happened were the "goal". There wasn't even a League established until halfway, SM doesn't have filler.

This new series is the same. It's not comedy focused like SM but it also doesn't have a goal, so it doesn't have filler.

Henry's Journey

I really don't get this overreaction? I don't think the OP did the thread with bad intentions, it's just a harmless list of fillers and non-fillers.

You should keep your head calm so that you can understand that no one is saying to skip the filler episodes. It's just a thread for a record. And if you have any problem with the thread, you can choose not to open it, or heck, if you think this is useless, you can report it to the mod, and they can take the right action.

Episode being a filler does not mean it's utter crap or unenjoyable. Get your facts right. The purpose of the forum is discussion between the fans. You have any problem with the discussion, you can leave it instead of bashing on others!

Agreed.

Now on topic so far there are no fillers imo, even in ep. 3 Ash and Go obtained the Rotom phones, Go meets TR for the first time.

Episode 8 has potential to be the first filler unless Go catches something.

Episode 9 it'll be important for sure (and again Go will probably catch some Johto mons)

Last edited:

Rohanator

I would say previous series, maybe even the original series, did have filler. Even if over half of it is like that, there was still a goal to look foward to, and these episodes didn't contribute to that

The main goal of season 1 as a show is not to show Ash's grand journey to the pokemon league but to show Pokemon, their world, and how they interact with humans. The goal keeps the characters moving but it's not REALLY what the show is about, otherwise way more focus would be put into the competitive side, why do you think Ash earned many of his badges by unconventional means like saving a Pokemon from a fire or making the gym leader laugh, it's not due to some oversight by the writing staff, it'd because the battles didn't matter as much as showing off unique events and characters in the world.

I get the practicality of labeling filler episodes, Pokemon seasons are long and I understand some of you may want to save time, but you gotta understand that calling something filler will give it a negative label whether you intend so or not and I don't think Pokemon deserves that when no less effort is put into the creation of those episodes than the "plot". It's like saying you should only watch the Detective Conan episodes that involve the main villains when the point of the show is to enjoy ALL of the creative cases. Or to skip the comedy episodes of Gintama. If you only care about plot, watch a plot driven show, Pokemon is not that, it never has been, it never will be.

If you call this an overreaction you probably shouldn't take part in these discussions, I have thoughts I'll voice them, feel free to disagree, it ain't a big deal.

Nikinini

The main goal of season 1 as a show is not to show Ash's grand journey to the pokemon league but to show Pokemon, their world, and how they interact with humans. The goal keeps the characters moving but it's not REALLY what the show is about, otherwise way more focus would be put into the competitive side, why do you think Ash earned many of his badges by unconventional means like saving a Pokemon from a fire or making the gym leader laugh, it's not due to some oversight by the writing staff, it'd because the battles didn't matter as much as showing off unique events and characters in the world.

I get the practicality of labeling filler episodes, Pokemon seasons are long and I understand some of you may want to save time, but you gotta understand that calling something filler will give it a negative label whether you intend so or not and I don't think Pokemon deserves that when no less effort is put into the creation of those episodes than the "plot". It's like saying you should only watch the Detective Conan episodes that involve the main villains when the point of the show is to enjoy ALL of the creative cases. Or to skip the comedy episodes of Gintama. If you only care about plot, watch a plot driven show, Pokemon is not that, it never has been, it never will be.

If you call this an overreaction you probably shouldn't take part in these discussions, I have thoughts I'll voice them, feel free to disagree, it ain't a big deal.

I haven't watched the original series in awhile so I can't say for sure, it's just that I remember Ash was always aiming for the League and that that was the main focus even though the battles weren't conventional.

Even if that wasn't the case for Kanto though, it became from Orange Islands to Kalos.

togenaught18

I think we can make a list of "filler" ( another name if is possible) episodes considering:
- Go catch a random pokemon
- Visit a old region to see the random guy of the day with nothing new.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Go catching stuff still counts has filler lmao
Most of that **** ain't going to appear more than once after awhile, just cause you saw the bugs come back doesn't mean we'll see everything appear again.

Unless it becomes a main stay member like Scyther possibly is, it's filler.

Henry's Journey

Go catching stuff still counts has filler lmao
Most of that **** ain't going to appear more than once after awhile, just cause you saw the bugs come back doesn't mean we'll see everything appear again.

Unless it becomes a main stay member like Scyther possibly is, it's filler.

It doesn't matter, Go is a co-protagonist and if he catches a pokemon it's not filler, you're biased because you hate him but facts are facts.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think that Gou capturing Pokemon should count as filler. It's part of his overarching goal to capture lots of Pokemon, so even him catching something that's seemingly insignificant in the grand scheme of things like that Jugon from the upcoming Kairyu episode should count as progression for his character arc.

Henry's Journey

PM009: probably non-filler if Ash obtains the rainbow wing, something about his goal?
PM010: maybe non-filler because one of the Dragonite joins TR as a Bewear replacement? Go catches a Dewgong?
PM011: Koharu episode but it feels like this episode could be similar to those first eps. of Sun&Moon dedicated to Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles, etc..
PM012: Champion battle, Lance vs Leon, hopefully Ash gets a solid goal (Galar league, world championship).

Last edited: