• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters; Phantom Champion Zoroark (幻影の覇者ゾロアーク) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

Watched the trailer for the new movie. There's so much going on, I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
I do believe we will see more 5th gen pokemon in the movie like how we did with Weavile and Mime.jr and those lads but wheter or not we'll see it next week i'm scepical about it

I'd say it's just Zorua/Zorark although but i'm hoping for some more new pokes :D

So far Merchandise hasn't hinted at any other New Pokemon debuting in the Movie.
They may reveal New Pokemon before the Movie's release but they probably won't debut in the Movie.

To reply to everyone talking about the Possibility of a New Pokemon to debut after the Special, this was posted by Kimura on Bulbagarden Forums:

The site just states さらに、この夏 の映画「幻影の覇者ゾロアーク」 の最新映像も!新ポケモ ンの正体を見のがすな! which basicially means "We'll also reveal new a new trailer for this summer's movie "Gen'ei no Hasha Zoroark"! Don't miss the natural shape of the new Pokémon!!"
"The new Pokémon" apparantly does not refer to a brand-new Pokémon, more likely it refers to Zoroark. And it could also be that they are just showing the trailer they recently revealed on Oha Suta and on the official movie website.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So far Merchandise hasn't hinted at any other New Pokemon debuting in the Movie.
They may reveal New Pokemon before the Movie's release but they probably won't debut in the Movie.
So if it won't have anything to do with the movie, his debut will be in the anime, only after the movie.

To reply to everyone talking about the Possibility of a New Pokemon to debut after the Special, this was posted by Kimura on Bulbagarden Forums:

The site just states さらに、この夏 の映画「幻影の覇者ゾロアーク」 の最新映像も!新ポケモ ンの正体を見のがすな! which basicially means "We'll also reveal new a new trailer for this summer's movie "Gen'ei no Hasha Zoroark"! Don't miss the natural shape of the new Pokémon!!"
"The new Pokémon" apparantly does not refer to a brand-new Pokémon, more likely it refers to Zoroark. And it could also be that they are just showing the trailer they recently revealed on Oha Suta and on the official movie website.
But they mentioned only one pokemon, while there are already two new pokemon. If it does refer to Zoroark, so they forgot from Zorua. If it's a new pokemon, so maybe his debut will be in the movie.

supersarepi

The phrase "the natural shape" could refer to a silhouette of a new pokemon.

On topic:Will time travelling have an effect on the plot? Considering that Zorua seems to be able to, I think so.

BM14murph

Master Collector
The phrase "the natural shape" could refer to a silhouette of a new pokemon.

On topic:Will time travelling have an effect on the plot? Considering that Zorua seems to be able to, I think so.

I think it's pretty much of a guarentee that time travel will have an effect on the plot

We have celebi - The Time Travelling Pokemon may i add and Zorua who seems to be able to time travel as well and also his evolution is in this movie as well with a major part with rumours of Zoroark being Zorua in the future or Zorua is Zoroark in the past either way it's the same

So yep safe to say time travel will effect the plot....maybe drastically

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
Movie13Poster.jpg

Just saw this poster. Looking at the feet of the Legendary Beasts, anyone else think that there's a good chance that they're illusions???

If Lugia and Ho-oh are somehow involved in this movie, we'll have a tribute to all of the Generation II movies to go along with our Generation II remakes.

Pokemon 2000 - Lugia
Spell of the Unown - Entei (Illusion)
4ever - Celebi

Last edited:
Movie13Poster.jpg

Just saw this poster. Looking at the feet of the Legendary Beasts, anyone else think that there's a good chance that they're illusions???

There are chances that the beasts in the poster are illusions but when Zoroark transforms into someone it shines black with a red tint(like its fur) but all the beasts feat are shining white so it might be a animation error.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
So if it won't have anything to do with the movie, his debut will be in the anime, only after the movie.

But they mentioned only one pokemon, while there are already two new pokemon. If it does refer to Zoroark, so they forgot from Zorua. If it's a new pokemon, so maybe his debut will be in the movie.

While they could Reveal a New Pokemon or a New Pokemon's Silhouette I think it refers to Zoroark,
I says the Natural Shape, remember Zoroark can cause Illusions so they could be talking about him being in his True Appearance, in terms of Zorua, Zoroark is in the Title of the Movie so thats why they might not be mentioning Zorua as Zoroark will probably be shown more.
The fact that they also say the Natural Shape after seeing the Trailer and the fact that it was Translated as saying "Don't miss the natural shape of the new Pokémon!!" instead of "Don't miss the natural shape of a New Pokemon!!!" hints at the Pokemon already been Revealed.

Last edited:

catzeye

Writer's Block
I think that the real beasts will still be in the movie. That the real beasts will be in there and that Illusions Zoroark makes will be in there. Maybe the real beasts get framed for whatever Zoroark does (provided Zoroark plays an antagonistic role). Or maybe the man in the airship controls the real beast and Zoroark just uses the illusions to gain the upperhand in a battle.

Lugia and Ho-oh probably won't be a central part of the movie provided they are in the movie at all.

This "natural shape of the new pokemon" mess that's going on is most likely a new pokemon in my opinion. It will probably be a 5th gen baby or 5th gen that can be obtained earlier on in the game. It might just show up around the city.

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
Just seen the trailer for the first time, and I think that this movie will have elements of the Generation II movies, all mixed into one.

The ship in the sky with the apparent Pokemon Hunter, seems to be very similar to the one shown in Pokemon 2000.

The legendary beasts being illusions reminds me of the fact that Entei was an illusion created by the Unown in Pokemon the Third Movie.

Celebi being hunted down and travelling through time to escape is similar to the plot of Pokemon 4ever.

Looks like Zoroark is attacking a city, disguised as the Legendary Beasts. I can see Zoroark starting off as a antaganoist, but having to defend the city, and beginning to trust Ash et al, and ending up as a protagonist (similar to Mewtwo in the First Movie).

Interesting that it looks like Celebi travels through time, and Zorua seemingly follows it using it's own abilities. I'm guessing that Zoroua is the Zoroark in this movie. It also seems to know where Zoroark is, and has the ability to summon it.

supersarepi

While they could Reveal a New Pokemon or a New Pokemon's Silhouette I think it refers to Zoroark,
I says the Natural Shape, remember Zoroark can cause Illusions so they could be talking about him being in his True Appearance, in terms of Zorua, Zoroark is in the Title of the Movie so thats why they might not be mentioning Zorua as Zoroark will probably be shown more.
The fact that they also say the Natural Shape after seeing the Trailer and the fact that it was Translated as saying "Don't miss the natural shape of the new Pokémon!!" instead of "Don't miss the natural shape of a New Pokemon!!!" hints at the Pokemon already been Revealed.

That doesn't explain why the preview for next week's PokéSun showed a card with a question mark on it though. PokéSun has already revealed the Zs.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't get what you're saying murph.. Zoroark is Zorua in the future? That doesn't make sense.. Maybe if it's reverse it would.. That Zoroark is the Zorua, who has evolved in the future... and Zorua calls on it, because it needs to have a strong ally?

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
That doesn't explain why the preview for next week's PokéSun showed a card with a question mark on it though. PokéSun has already revealed the Zs.

Oh I am not aware of this?
Did this happen today, do you have a link, did they hint at anything?

Though if this is true it may be completely different, didn't they have a Question Mark early Last Year which turned out to be a Magikarp?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Did this happen today, do you have a link, did they hint at anything?

Though if this is true it may be completely different, didn't they have a Question Mark early Last Year which turned out to be a Magikarp?

I heard about the Magikarp debacle.. that must've sucked. Anyway, I've heard that the March issue of CoroCoro will deal with the Gen V games, so PS showing another silhouette isn't too farfetched in my mind.

supersarepi

1.Did this happen today, 2.do you have a link, 3.did they hint at anything?

1.Yes, at the very end of the latest PokéSun
2.No, but I'll see if I can get one.
3.I'm not sure, since i don't actually know japanese.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just seen the trailer for the first time, and I think that this movie will have elements of the Generation II movies, all mixed into one.

The ship in the sky with the apparent Pokemon Hunter, seems to be very similar to the one shown in Pokemon 2000.

Except that the second movie wasn't a Generation II movie, it was a Generation 1 movie :S

Really? That's interesting, I guess it does raise some questions. What other Pokemon could they reveal?

Status
Not open for further replies.