• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters; Phantom Champion Zoroark (幻影の覇者ゾロアーク) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof.Arete

chaos paradigm
That wouldn't be possible because double team is the same image moving extraordinarily fast, so it would be three of the same beast :)

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
That wouldn't be possible because double team is the same image moving extraordinarily fast, so it would be three of the same beast :)

Never know. Zoroark is anything but normal and we don't know all its secrets so you can't throw the theory away that easily.

abyssblue

Well here is a scene form the trailer which is a bit interesting,
[IMG139]http://i41.*******.com/dvpxl3.jpg[/IMG139]
This is the first time that they are showing a Grachomp & a Gabite together at a time, wonder if one of them actually belongs to Ash or not, maybe his Gible evolves by the time this movie is out or else those pokemon there are just wild ones (though this would be the first time we would see a Grachomp & Gabite as wild pokemons). Also it is a bit funny about the Torterra & Grotle being together there.

It seems like the legendary beasts are cornered and the other Pokemon are posed to attack like Abomasnow, Nidoking and Rhyperior.

Torpoleon

This is the first time that they are showing a Grachomp & a Gabite together at a time, wonder if one of them actually belongs to Ash or not, maybe his Gible evolves by the time this movie is out or else those pokemon there are just wild ones (though this would be the first time we would see a Grachomp & Gabite as wild pokemons). Also it is a bit funny about the Torterra & Grotle being together there.
Well I highly doubt Ash's Gible evolves by the time the movie airs. The movie airs on Jul. 10, 2010 and we already have titles up to DP177 and I doubt Gible evolves in one of them. The picture that you have just provided us does seem really cool too though.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Oh god Zorua is adorable. It just wants to be with its ma again, how can you dislike that? 8(
-If Baccer replaces contests in Gen 5 I will kill a man. That is all.
-The manga summary looks cool, but as a reminder to anyone reading this: Movie manga often have slight differences from the plot of the movie itself. The general story is the same, but do bear in mind that the manga plot is unlikely to be identical to what we see in the movie.
-Will Lugia and Ho-oh ever appear? Will people ever shut up about them? Find out in several weeks when the movie comes out! I know nobody's actually complained about them lately, but I know that a few people are undoubtedly still wondering about that first teaser trailer.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
What i am surprised about this movie is that they made Zorua call Zoroark "Maa" which is some languages directly means "Mother" which is also what Zoroark is to Zorua in that summary (This is a point which also appears on Wikipedia when you search for the word Maa : "Maa is a word meaning Mother in Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu and Persian")

I am a Bengali myself & know Hindi and can understand Urdu a bit since the presently spoken Hindi in India is actually a mixture of the original Hindi & Urdu words, and can understand a bit of basic Punjabi as well (the thing is if you know Hindi, you can most probably understand most of the languages spoken in India except for the South Indian languages) & i call my mother "Maa" as well.

Though i don't know what implications the word "Maa" has in Japanese language. Doesn't it seems odd that in that manga summary for the movie (thanks to "yaminokame"), Zorua says that he was 'brought from across the ocean by a bad person' (which probably means the 5th gen area) & then he uses a word which is mostly used in the Middle-East Asia (around the region of India and a few Muslim & Persian countries).

Could it be possible that the 5th generation might actually be based on these areas.

Last edited:

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Nice to see another Indian on the boards and I was just going to post that.
I also believe "Ma" i.e. single A means demon in Japanese.
Demon Mother? Perhaps not.

However, I'm pretty sure the 5th gen region will be based in Japan as always
I am totally gonna have a female Zoroark named Kali now.

JD

Did anyone else notice that Kodai bares a striking resemblance to Garchomp? The hair and the Eyes 0.o, I just rewatched the Trailler the real beast are terrorizing the City or is it Zoroark? There is this one scene where Zoroark leaps off a Building and confront's the Beast ehh I'm a little confused here

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Did anyone else notice that Kodai bares a striking resemblance to Garchomp? The hair and the Eyes 0.o, I just rewatched the Trailler the real beast are terrorizing the City or is it Zoroark? There is this one scene where Zoroark leaps off a Building and confront's the Beast ehh I'm a little confused here

The trailer skips around the timeline a lot. Zoroark is forced to attack the town at first and then after it has done that and caused a panic, Raikou/Entei/Suicune gather at Crown City, though I don't know what their 'purpose' is exactly :p

and...

[img200]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1176/60566843.png[/img200]

Zorua = Dark Ash D:

Janovy

Banned
Wait, I thought Zorua can only transform into Pokemon...so how does it manage to transform into Ash? :O

Last edited:

ludowiq

EliBlasFrozDyro

Is it just me, or does the statue behind the beasts look like Celebi??:eek:

ludowiq

EliBlasFrozDyro
Good, then i`m not the onlyone who sees it :D

But look at all the "light" that comes from the statue.
Maybe the beasts are trying to protect it...

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
What i am surprised about this movie is that they made Zorua call Zoroark "Maa" which is some languages directly means "Mother" which is also what Zoroark is to Zorua in that summary (This is a point which also appears on Wikipedia when you search for the word Maa : "Maa is a word meaning Mother in Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu and Persian")
(rest of post cut for length)
Are we sure it's "maa" and not "ma"? Because "ma" can be used to mean "mother" in English too. In which case it would just be another case of Japan using English because it looks cool, not them randomly using a word from middle-east asia.

Can we upgrade this from "Speculation" to "Discussion" now we know the plot from the Manga?
I'd rather hold off on that until the movie itself is released and a thread is made over in the Movies subsection of Episode Discussions. But that's just me. If some other mod wants to change the title, I won't stop them.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I think that Celebi could possibly be resting in it and the beast's are guarding, assuming that the beasts are the real beasts. [I am 99% sure they are XD]

ludowiq

EliBlasFrozDyro
I think that Celebi could possibly be resting in it and the beast's are guarding, assuming that the beasts are the real beasts. [I am 99% sure they are XD]

I agree, I don`t really belive in the "Transform+Double Team" theory.

Are we sure it's "maa" and not "ma"? Because "ma" can be used to mean "mother" in English too. In which case it would just be another case of Japan using English because it looks cool, not them randomly using a word from middle-east asia.

I would like to provide three points over your comment in here:

1. You have a weak geography cause I believe India is located in South Asia.
2. That post of yours is racial cause it is indirectly saying that middle-east Asian country language\words are not cool.
3. Many elements of Pokemon franchise comes from Asian countries. There are some Pokemon like Infernape who is based on Thai culture or Gyarados which is based on Chinese culture. So this Pokemon Anime taking things from Asian countries is not new. On the contrary Japan is a Asian country.

ludowiq said:
Is it just me, or does the statue behind the beasts look like Celebi??

On Topic: It looks like they froze Celebi on some kind of plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.