• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
First thoughts:
The whole school thing, while happening, may not be what everyone is assuming. From the poster it basically says we'll meet Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles soon. Of course that can just mean we'll meet them in Corocoro soon, but I am interpreting it to mean that they, along with some others, (Lillie and Hau perhaps) will be part of an initial short school arc. To me this says that maybe the school we see in the background specializes (at least partially) in Z moves. Ash gets a Z bracelet right away. That says something.

Ash looks like he walked out of a One-Piece cartoon.

Second thoughts:

Based on my own deductions. I think that at the end of XYZ, when Ash returns to Kanto, we see him tired, but still looking for new challenges. Oak's cousin is in town, hears of his accomplishments, sees his bond with Pikachu, and invites him to Alola to attend (his?) school. When Ash gets to Alola he meets other classmates, as well as at least three of the trial captains. Maybe they are there to learn Z moves too or they are there to teach or present the island challenge to the class. Who knows? Maybe students who pass a certain level are allowed to challenge the Island challenge or go straight into a type of League. There are a lot ways this could go. With the later idea this could set us up with a few anime only rivals that show up later on for a type of league challenge. The possibilities are numerous.

The poster says clearly that Ash meets Tapu Koko right away. After that encounter, like the encounter of the main character in the Sun/Moon games, my bet is that he is invited to take part in the Trial Captain Challenge. Should he complete the challenge, he will "graduate" albeit in a less formal educational atmosphere. Maybe he will have to take a test at the end like all the other kids who learned things more traditionally.

It also seems that each of the Trial captains will be recurring characters if not a traveling group of 4 (which I don't think will happen). Mallow absolutely seems to be a traveling companion. Perhaps she is Ash's mentor of sorts, like a private tutor. If anyone needs a private tutor it would be Ash after all. The others, if they are not regulars, I can see appearing regularly, more so than the Kalos Trio. If it does turn out that the three Trial Captains are traveling with Ash, and are his official companions, then I could see all three acting as his tutor/mentor/friend/guide/etc. prepping him for graduation.

For now it also seems like Lillie could be a regular, if not a companion, with her very marketable vulpix.

I for one, while liking Mallow, hope that Lana also travels with Ash regularly because she has the water starter and I hate the way that thing looks and DO NOT want it with Ash. Ash with two or more regular female companions is cool with me.

It seems rather clear that Ash gets at least the Grass Owl. I'm down with that. I'd rather him not get all three. Rockruff and his daytime evolution would be awesome too, though but I'm not getting my hopes up.

And finally: Where the heck is Hau?
Yeah, after venting my concerns, I'm actually more open minded about this season to see how it plays out. I actually wouldn't mind if they go this route

As for Hau, my best guess is that they're planning on having him appear later on in the series like they did for Barry, Bianca, & the Kalos rival trio

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Also why I do I get the suspicion that Lillie's origins as a Jellyfish will be scrapped? Idk I just GET THAT FEELING

You may be right, but I'm not going to say anything for now since we're not even 100% sure of Lillie is UB 01 yet (& I'm one of the people who support this theory). Plus, after seeing what this week's CoroCoro revealed about the Ultra Beasts, I'm not sure what the games or the anime have planned for them anymore

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Here's a crazy thought. What if Ash actually gets kicked out of the school due to something crazy happening like an attack by Team Rocket where he ends up breaking some rule and gets expelled.

He still wants to graduate though and so Kukui/Oak tells him about the Island Trials and he does them, only to be surprised to find out that they're run by the people at the school.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I just hope Ash doesn't abandon his goal of challenging leagues to become champion and that this is merely a way for Ash to learn more about Pokemon to get him prepared.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Idk man the series can be "fun" and whatever as long as it has decent drama and overall better, consistent writing isn't scrapped. If we're gonna try weaving a narrative of how "stiff and serious and humorless" XY is I hope SM isn't caught up in having so much fun it doesn't forger things like consistent development and actually not dropping character arcs like a hot potato

Also no earthquakes would help to

SlimeStack

Ash looks so cute in this art style. I dig it.

I believe the trials in Alola are supposed to teach trainers, so the entire system basically is a school and the trial captains are essentially examiners. So there's nothing that special about Ash going to school, it's probably just their way of saying that he'll be participating in all the trials. We'll have to wait for more information.

Z rings are cool and it seems like they'll be the focus this time just like megas were before. Nice to see Ash directly get in on the big feature this time.

As for a possible BW feel, there was a lot of good in BW and they've hopefully learned from the bad parts and they'll make this one better. Battle-focused series end up with overpowered legendaries and plot armour so it's not like we're losing that much in the grand scheme of things. There was nothing really stopping BW Ash from going up against Team Flare like he did in XY, the league results are kinda irrelevant.

Janovy

Banned
I am quite eager to see more of fun Ash again.

I missed his entertaining BW personality.

I believe the trials in Alola are supposed to teach trainers, so the entire system basically is a school and the trial captains are essentially examiners. So there's nothing that special about Ash going to school, it's probably just their way of saying that he'll be participating in all the trials. We'll have to wait for more information.
This is pretty much what I think is going on.

I mean, wouldn't the poster put an emphasis on that specific school setting the anime would take place in? And show Ash in that school environment, like a classroom or something?

GamerGirlNanami

Considering the usual gym arc is over what if they decided to not regress but full on reboot the series? I mean keeping the core but Ash moves to Alola with only Pikachu from Kanto (Like games) but none of his past journeys happened. Team Rocket are there for the older fans but have more of a thing with Team Skull but are the first bad people for ash till we get past the intro arc. Like a full on reboot for the new style of games

phanpycross

God-king
Idk man the series can be "fun" and whatever as long as it has decent drama and overall better, consistent writing isn't scrapped. If we're gonna try weaving a narrative of how "stiff and serious and humorless" XY is I hope SM isn't caught up in having so much fun it doesn't forger things like consistent development and actually not dropping character arcs like a hot potato

Team Skull and aether foundation are rival schools, calling it now.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Considering the usual gym arc is over what if they decided to not regress but full on reboot the series? I mean keeping the core but Ash moves to Alola with only Pikachu from Kanto (Like games) but none of his past journeys happened. Team Rocket are there for the older fans but have more of a thing with Team Skull but are the first bad people for ash till we get past the intro arc. Like a full on reboot for the new style of games

That would make it even worse that he didn't win the league then.

Remix2

That what I'm afraid of.

If they want to go lighter on this series fine but I'm hoping they still have serious arcs throw in as well and not have it all be comedy based arc with no tensions.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Team Skull and aether foundation are rival schools, calling it now.

That is the dumbest idea ever. The anime won't go all-in on this school thing, in fact it will probably serve as just a home for Ash.

Anyways, if Ash is similar to his AG self then I will be happy.

GamerGirlNanami

That is the dumbest idea ever. The anime won't go all-in on this school thing, in fact it will probably serve as just a home for Ash.

Anyways, if Ash is similar to his AG self then I will be happy.

He will spend more time there than he has spend with his mom since starting his journey in that case XD

Oh maybe Dehlia is like a nurse or a cook. Make her the Dorothy of S&M

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Idk man the series can be "fun" and whatever as long as it has decent drama and overall better, consistent writing isn't scrapped.

XYZ...consistent writing?

Yes, I hope million of people don't have to suffer a tragic, deadly, natural disaster because otherwise it'll effect my cartoon. :')

I can already feel this becoming my favorite series. It just looks like such a breath of fresh air compared to all this XYZ negativity I have stockpiled.

I just hope Ash's team is as much fun as this poster suggests: Give me quirky stuff like Crabrawler, mimikyu, Sandalot; Just make this series fun for the love of god.

I'm so happy for Pikachu, him and Satoshi doing Z-moves together is what I'm living for.

Xuxuba

XY Ash wasn't stoic.
http://i.imgur.com/RPHvef6.jpg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/651b02d3042587e93a252188a84a2690/tumblr_nq6130lOp11u2n2bso1_1280.jpg
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...on/latest?cb=20130824155632&path-prefix=pt-br
https://31.media.tumblr.com/2d20d96b7586c7372240a3a01e3752bd/tumblr_inline_nf79krQSYU1st18l9.png
http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-23-2014/JDgZv4.gif

It's just that XY didn't overuse silly faces to create humor and instead relied on situation comedy like DP did.

And XY certainly wasn't humorless. One great example is XY&Z episode 22 which one of the funniest episode we ever had.

Last edited:

XxlapsxX

I dont know why people here in Serebii is always fine, it doesn't matter if Ash loses the league, Serena stays in Kalos, New horrible character designs, Ash forfeiting to his dreams, anything. People here is always happy and they always see the bright side. I honestly can't stand what writers have been doing for the last 2 monts. This is just ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.