• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Why did Kiawe has a bracelet unlike other classmates? Is he gonna be Ash's rival?

I hope so, he gives me Trip-like and Paul-like vibe.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Another rival with a Charizard :/

There's no way it would be his main. Thankfully. Charizard doesn't promote anything new aside from pokeriding.

I'd fully support him being one of Ash's rivals along with Gladion being the other rival

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
There's no way it would be his main. Thankfully. Charizard doesn't promote anything new aside from pokeriding.

I'd fully support him being one of Ash's rivals along with Gladion being the other rival

Agreed. I love Charizard but it's starting to become too much.

Gladion should be a rival

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'll still hold hope that he's moving there with his mom. It could at first be a vacation to them but then they loved Alola so much that they both decided to stay there permanently (and then move back whenever it's convenient). I just want to see Delia more and to upgrade her from a once in a year mom to her actual parenting Ash on screen, her sillygags, getting mad at him over not picking up the mail, and/or giving him advice and comfort when he needs it.

Though it's probably not gonna happen. I'll still look forward to Ash and Pikachu's adventures in Alola.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If Serena comes back it would be awesome if she saw Lillie and Ash getting along really well getting her super jealous that he's friends with another blonde. She'd then challenge Lillie for the title of best female blonde companion(or at least in her head)! By then it would be an awesome Delphox vs Alolan Ninetales battle!!!

LOL. That would be so amusing. Not for the shipping, I personally hope Lillie has zero affection for Ash and for Serena to see Ash's new face and barf. No, it would be amusing because Lillie is said not to like Pokemon battles and Serena can't battle to save her life. The battle writes itself as a fail.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I see a situation where each of the class have to partner up for island adventures, I see Ash and Mallow being class partners and them too going off on island adventures together, then coming back to the class setting to report what they've done, which is where we have the other trial captains and Lillie, it works out too since each of the trial captains and Lillie can partner up too.

It makes sense to me since they have Ash and Mallow only on that leak for the starter evolutions and why she's placed so close to Ash on the poster whilst the rest of the classmates are further behind and in the background.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I admit, when I saw the first poster, something about the art style in which Ash is drawn seemed a little...off. After watching the trailer, I figured out what it was – his eyebrows. They’re set higher on his face, which just adds to the overall childishness of his appearance. (XY Ash’s eyebrows were practically plastered to his eyelids.) However, Ash looks more “normal” in the second poster.

Otherwise, the art style looks like a cross between Pokémon Origins and Studio Ghibli. (The scene with Ash riding the Sharpedo looks straight out of a Ghibli film.) While it’s a jarring contrast from the XY art style (which I love), it’s something I can get used to. I just hope Ash is as expressive in all of SM as the trailer suggests. There were times in XY when I wished Ash's emotions were more extreme.

I’m interested in how PokéRide will be portrayed into the anime. I really want to see Ash ride a Mudsdale, if only for the humorous visual of seeing a 10-year-old riding a massive Clydesdale. And if SM acknowledges continuity with previous series (one can dream, right?), then bonus points if Ash recalls (even indirectly) riding Ponyta/Rapidash back in Kanto.

Ash: “Oh, I’ve ridden a horse Pokémon before; this should be easy.”
Mudsdale: *proceeds to show Ash that it’s no dainty unicorn racehorse*

I had a though. What if each of the characters are competing in the rite of the island challenge? That would explain why in the show each of the trial captains are in the school. They all are assigned the challenge to complete and it's like a scavenger hunt across the whole region, and each of the games captains goes off to a different island and completes that islands trial first, holding the title of captain until Ash eventually challenges them and wins before that character faces can off against the Kahuna, which Ash then beats. Then Ash, as the overall victor, gets to challenge the "not the poke league tournament" end game boss to win the rite of the island, but it typical Ash fashion loses in the end.

If this, or something like this, is what the writers have in mind, then this could be very interesting. Ash doesn't need to be reset in order to appear a "rookie." There is enough different about the Alola region that I can easily see him being thrown off his game and the native Alolans dismissing him as an idiot rookie, without his battle skills being reset.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
LOL. That would be so amusing. Not for the shipping, I personally hope Lillie has zero affection for Ash and for Serena to see Ash's new face and barf. No, it would be amusing because Lillie is said not to like Pokemon battles and Serena can't battle to save her life. The battle writes itself as a fail.
My intentions were that Lillie doesn't have as strong as feelings as Serena. More of an admiration. And I thought it would be funny for Serena to be hostile and Lillie to be oblivious as to why. Also them not being battle heavy(aside from both owning fox Pokémon) would make it a somewhat funny battle. If Lillie learns any techniques from Ash, she would try to take his advice and use it. The same would occur with Serena. I just hope Team Rocket or Skull don't interrupt it XD

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Do you guys think that Ash isnt gonna have any companions this time around and rather have class mates instead? I sure hope that's not the case .

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Do you guys think that Ash isnt gonna have any companions this time around and rather have class mates instead? I sure hope that's not the case .

I think they'll be the same thing tbh. Mallow and Lillie may be the classmates he interacts the most with though so they could be his companions in this series.

Anyways I'd also love to see Alan make a cameo, but that's highly unlikely I guess.

13_luckynumber

Off topic but this is the current hot thread so i'm gonna ask here: did goodra rejoin ash's team permanently or was it more of a squirtle-like situation?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think they'll be the same thing tbh. Mallow and Lillie may be the classmates he interacts the most with though so they could be his companions in this series.

Anyways I'd also love to see Alan make a cameo, but that's highly unlikely I guess.

I wonder if they r gonna stay in class most of the time. I mean, Alola region seems pretty big and consists of 4 islands. Even if the studens r sent to missions around the region, it would be weird to see them return to the class room everytime they are done, since it can take hours, if not days, just to get from point A to point B.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
I wonder if they r gonna stay in class most of the time. I mean, Alola region seems pretty big and consists of 4 islands. Even if the studens r sent to missions around the region, it would be weird to see them return to the class room everytime they are done, since it can take hours, if not days, just to get from point A to point B.
That's why Pokéride exists ;)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
My intentions were that Lillie doesn't have as strong as feelings as Serena. More of an admiration. And I thought it would be funny for Serena to be hostile and Lillie to be oblivious as to why. Also them not being battle heavy(aside from both owning fox Pokémon) would make it a somewhat funny battle. If Lillie learns any techniques from Ash, she would try to take his advice and use it. The same would occur with Serena. I just hope Team Rocket or Skull don't interrupt it XD

It would be even more hilarious if Serena returns with a boyfriend that just came out of nowhere. Just imagine the salt of this forum if that happened. But as for the Lillie stuff, it would be amusing if Ash actually had a crush on Lillie, Lillie admired Serena's performances (even if the goal is lame) and Serena was jealous of Lillie in a triangle. That would actually be fun to watch but of course that would have to give Ash's character depth beyond generic shonen hero which doesn't seem possible.

I just hope Lillie's not another Ash groupie.

Status
Not open for further replies.