1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

As of Ash's Pokemon. I think he will catch Pikipek, Litten and Rowlet atm.

2. B. Thunder Tiger

B. Thunder Tiger Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have a point there, but seeing as Sun and Moon, the games that is, are changing greatly from the established game formula we have had for years, I could see the anime doing the same. But yeah, your theory is also good in that case.

3. cam24t

cam24t Master

Hey guys. I think we all need to relax a little bit. I cover the Pokemon anime on my channel if anyone wants to go take a look a link is in my profile :)

4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ No Need To Worry...Yet

If Serena makes a cameo then I'd like for her to have a slight personality change to make her more lively and for her to playfully tease Ash like Dawn. I also want to see how she interacts with the other characters as well.

5. Tootheorist

Tootheorist Active Member

Why did Kiawe has a bracelet unlike other classmates? Is he gonna be Ash's rival?

6. CMButch

I hope so, he gives me Trip-like and Paul-like vibe.

7. roguedr4g0nite

roguedr4g0nite WishiWashi Trainer

Another rival with a Charizard :/

8. CMButch

:(
    But don't worry Ash will beat him, in graduation tournament( if there is any)

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

There's no way it would be his main. Thankfully. Charizard doesn't promote anything new aside from pokeriding.

I'd fully support him being one of Ash's rivals along with Gladion being the other rival

10. Pokegirl Fan~

Agreed. I love Charizard but it's starting to become too much.

Gladion should be a rival

11. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

I'll still hold hope that he's moving there with his mom. It could at first be a vacation to them but then they loved Alola so much that they both decided to stay there permanently (and then move back whenever it's convenient). I just want to see Delia more and to upgrade her from a once in a year mom to her actual parenting Ash on screen, her sillygags, getting mad at him over not picking up the mail, and/or giving him advice and comfort when he needs it.

Though it's probably not gonna happen. I'll still look forward to Ash and Pikachu's adventures in Alola.

12. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I don't think the Charizard is his, it just looks like a Pokéride 'Mon.

13. Pokegirl Fan~

If older Pokemon come back in this series then I hope we get to see Infernape and Torterra

14. fidjnr

fidjnr Active Member

I think you are right and
    the one on the poster riding that zard is one of the Trial Captains

15. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

LOL. That would be so amusing. Not for the shipping, I personally hope Lillie has zero affection for Ash and for Serena to see Ash's new face and barf. No, it would be amusing because Lillie is said not to like Pokemon battles and Serena can't battle to save her life. The battle writes itself as a fail.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  16. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

I see a situation where each of the class have to partner up for island adventures, I see Ash and Mallow being class partners and them too going off on island adventures together, then coming back to the class setting to report what they've done, which is where we have the other trial captains and Lillie, it works out too since each of the trial captains and Lillie can partner up too.

It makes sense to me since they have Ash and Mallow only on that leak for the starter evolutions and why she's placed so close to Ash on the poster whilst the rest of the classmates are further behind and in the background.

17. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

I admit, when I saw the first poster, something about the art style in which Ash is drawn seemed a little...off. After watching the trailer, I figured out what it was – his eyebrows. They’re set higher on his face, which just adds to the overall childishness of his appearance. (XY Ash’s eyebrows were practically plastered to his eyelids.) However, Ash looks more “normal” in the second poster.

Otherwise, the art style looks like a cross between Pokémon Origins and Studio Ghibli. (The scene with Ash riding the Sharpedo looks straight out of a Ghibli film.) While it’s a jarring contrast from the XY art style (which I love), it’s something I can get used to. I just hope Ash is as expressive in all of SM as the trailer suggests. There were times in XY when I wished Ash's emotions were more extreme.

I’m interested in how PokéRide will be portrayed into the anime. I really want to see Ash ride a Mudsdale, if only for the humorous visual of seeing a 10-year-old riding a massive Clydesdale. And if SM acknowledges continuity with previous series (one can dream, right?), then bonus points if Ash recalls (even indirectly) riding Ponyta/Rapidash back in Kanto.

Ash: “Oh, I’ve ridden a horse Pokémon before; this should be easy.”
    Mudsdale: *proceeds to show Ash that it’s no dainty unicorn racehorse*

If this, or something like this, is what the writers have in mind, then this could be very interesting. Ash doesn't need to be reset in order to appear a "rookie." There is enough different about the Alola region that I can easily see him being thrown off his game and the native Alolans dismissing him as an idiot rookie, without his battle skills being reset.

18. roguedr4g0nite

roguedr4g0nite WishiWashi Trainer

My intentions were that Lillie doesn't have as strong as feelings as Serena. More of an admiration. And I thought it would be funny for Serena to be hostile and Lillie to be oblivious as to why. Also them not being battle heavy(aside from both owning fox Pokémon) would make it a somewhat funny battle. If Lillie learns any techniques from Ash, she would try to take his advice and use it. The same would occur with Serena. I just hope Team Rocket or Skull don't interrupt it XD

19. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Do you guys think that Ash isnt gonna have any companions this time around and rather have class mates instead? I sure hope that's not the case .

20. Pokegirl Fan~

I think they'll be the same thing tbh. Mallow and Lillie may be the classmates he interacts the most with though so they could be his companions in this series.

Anyways I'd also love to see Alan make a cameo, but that's highly unlikely I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.