• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
so i watched the trailer a little more closely and these are just some of my thoughts (i'm usually optimistic before every series) but anyways

-although the new character design for ash can be quite shocking at first, i'm sure people will get used to it after a month or two just like when they changed him from dp to bw/xy. i think it looks good as a full shot if it isn't being constantly put next to a photo of xyz ash.
-it's true that xyz did many things that can set the bar high, but i think some people are calling this series horrible only because it's coming right after xyz. again, once this series has gotten past the intial starting arc, i think it'll do fine.
-the new premise. it seems that this is the first time ash won't be collecting badges and challenging a league (ofc im assuming this is because of the major shift in plot in the games as well). that being said, i can understand why some people are worried. we dont know what ash will do or what progression he'll have in the series. however to call it flat out bad before the series even starts is kinda premature imo. if you start watching it with that mindset, your opinion will be affected from the start no matter what happens.
-just in general i love seeing the new pokemon and new characters interact with ash and pikachu each saga.
-ash seems to be rocking a z-move with pikachu early on and facing team skull, which makes me believe that ash's brain wont reset. furthermore, if you list closely, lillie is saying "it's a grass-dragon" and ash goes "dragon?" i can only assume he's surprised that the typing of exeggutor is different in alola, which is cool that he's constantly learning new things even with all the pokemon knowledge he has.

these are just my thoughts on the series. you can agree or disagree with it, but overall i think the series has great potential. we just have to wait and see what the writers will go with.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It's new and unique, the school theme seems fun, and I ADORE all the new gen 7 pokemon, and wanna see them animated.

As well as there are no gyms this time around which makes the series feel fresher and interesting to watch again.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I honestly, honestly, wanna read what you guys are thinking. Put it down for me please. Like what makes you think the SM series are going to be any good? xD
Aside from the school thing, everything else still looks pretty cool.

noakai

It's new and unique, the school theme seems fun, and I ADORE all the new gen 7 pokemon, and wanna see them animated.

Basically this. All seasons of Pokemon have had parts I really enjoyed and parts I didn't, but I've never outright hated any to the point where I stopped watching, and I'm 100% sure SM will be the same. I want to see the region, how the anime adapts game characters, and all of the freaking awesome Pokemon Gen 7's giving us animated.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I honestly, honestly, wanna read what you guys are thinking. Put it down for me please. Like what makes you think the SM series are going to be any good? xD

The better question is what makes you think SM will be bad? And no, a change of style and toned down animation is just a small slice from the big picture

Janovy

Banned
The plot also has potential, assuming they keep the Ultra Beasts for the main anime and don't shove them into movies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm just here for the Ultra Beasts.

Janovy

Banned
No its ok Owen. The guys made it clear why the pokemon execs can do what they want now. Cuz there is no one to stand up to them :DDD Pokemon fandom....nooot
Laughing out loud.

As if the writers care about some Internet trolls "standing up to them".

The show was never meant for us in the first place.

clbgolden12

Looking closer at the captains, I just realized that they still have that flower gem symbol on them like in the games... So maybe they are still captains in the anime.

No its ok Owen. The guys made it clear why the pokemon execs can do what they want now. Cuz there is no one to stand up to them :DDD Pokemon fandom....nooot
Because it's not like we can be perfectly fine with something even though you're not...

noakai

Your tantrum on the internet was never going to change anything. All of the dislikes on the youtube previews did so much, right?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Looking closer at the captains, I just realized that they still have that flower gem symbol on them like in the games... So maybe they are still captains in the anime.

Because it's not like we can be perfectly fine with something even though you're not...

Hm so if that's true then this definitely isn't going to be some beginners school and an advanced school like I theorized.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

We're people behind screens, not an army. They're not going to listen. In fact, they probably like the negativity because it draws attention to them. No such thing as bad publicity.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
They probably do hear what the internet is saying, it's just they don't care most of the time and will only consider it if they deem it to be 100 % reasonable, but who we kidding here.

Red and Blue

I love how some fans are calling the new season crap despite the fact that all weve seen so far is two posters and a 30 second clip XD

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
every odd-numbered gen, pikachu learns a new move. do you think gigavolt havoc will be the only "new move" or will pikachu learn a regular move introduced in gen 7. thoughts?

clbgolden12

every odd-numbered gen, pikachu learns a new move. do you think gigavolt havoc will be the only "new move" or will pikachu learn a regular move introduced in gen 7. thoughts?
Hard to say. Aside from Z-Moves, we haven't seen any new Electric moves this gen.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Just the Z-Move.

And if there is a new normal one, it better not be even weaker than Electro Ball.

to be fair, electro ball does more damage the faster a pokemon is compared to the opponent and pikachu is usually faster than it's opponent so theoretically it should wreck everything with it.

but screw logic cause it's the anime, i agree replacing volt tackle with electro ball was somewhat disappointing. here's to some cool moves in gen 7!

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
S&M is a completely new saga that truly sets itself apart from the previous ones. Now that there's no League, Gyms, traveling companions, and Ash is going to school there, bringing his mom and Mimey, it's a fresh new start for him and I look forward to how he'll adjust to his new home. His classmates are all different and we wouldn't have to pick and choose who would've made the cut (we got all girls and a few boys which is the best option). There's so many new concepts they're going to incorporate in the anime (Ultra Beasts, Day/Night Trials, Totem Pokémon, S&M Pokémon, Alolan Formed Pokémon, Team Skull, battle tournaments, Z Moves) so it wouldn't lose its action but it'll add in a slice of life/comedy factor in the mix. The new art style is unique and flows in well with the fluid animation and tropical, calm setting of Alola. The backgrounds are so beautiful, looking like someone freshly painted them so it might not have much stocked animation that BW suffered.

Not to mention Satoshi showing more of his personality and seeing the different sides of him more often. No longer being only useful and liked just because of his competence and skill as a strong trainer. Of course he'll still be competent but what's so nice is that he's having fun. He's exploring his new environment and with the school concept, he can travel to different towns with one or two of his classmates on missions and he'll have an official home base. No longer having to sleep in a sleeping bag in the forest. There could also be the rotating classmates where he can spend time with each classmate but said character won't be shown every episode. Satoshi could also benefit from school, he'll be more intelligent and this "school" is most likely very unorthodox and outdoorsy. The Pokémon and different people he'll meet just seem so unique in general. I sure do hope that his mom appears more often and we'll get some laughs from her and possibly see her battle again. We barely have much information to go by but it's fun speculating and thinking of how the anime will play out. :) I think Alola would be easier for older characters to make a cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.