• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i hope we get see more of ash and team rocket working together on certain occasions like when they're fighting against team skull or something

DatsRight

i hope we get see more of ash and team rocket working together on certain occasions like when they're fighting against team skull or something

XY really went with the whole 'badass when playing fair' direction for Team Rocket so it would be nice. I did also enjoy their chekhov's skill using in XY, they tend to be good at putting any of their experiences to use EXCEPT when it comes to Pikachu stealing.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm proud to see so many of you liking this anime now that we don't have a "serious" battling challenge bogging things down.

Seriously. That train will always crash in the end but Ash survives with a smile.

Its pre saga hype, I really don't trust this fandom to be this enthusiastic a year from not tbh lol

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Where's the love for Lana?! Lillie is nice, and Mallow is okay, but Lana is still the best. I seriously don't think she is capable of raising her voice. Though it would be interesting.
I still want Lana to have more focus and development in the series, but I'm glad she's not as involved in these shipping debates as Lillie & Mallow are. I can still see her as the mom or big sister of the group though and help stop any conflicts.

However, I'd also like to see a situation where she goes all out on Team Rocket if they try to capture the group's pokémon or threaten her family in some way. If she ends up owning a Wishiwashi because of her trial in the games and because her dad's a fisherman, I can easily see an intense and comedic moment where she sends out Wishiwashi in its solo form to fight Team Rocket, they laugh at out how weak and pathetic it is, and then she orders it to go into the water. This would then lead to Wishiwashi reemerging in its school form, terrifying them, and then completely obliterating them into another blast off

noakai

I've mentioned some of these points before, but...

What I like (so far):
  • The gorgeously fluid animation and the intimate, realistic details (such as Ash's hair pressed up against Pikachu's body, or the detailed flowers in one trailer shot)
  • The relaxed feel of the art style; I've even warmed up to Ash's character design
  • The equal gender ratio of the main cast
  • The return of comedy (those facial expressions are gold, man)
  • The awesomeness of Z-Moves and the potential intensity these can bring to battles
  • The potential for the story to so entertaining

What I want to see:
  • Ash develop a sibling-like relationship with one or more of the female characters
  • Amusing interactions between Ash and Lillie centered around the fact that she can't touch Pokémon and he has an adorable one that is never in his Pokéball
  • An episode centered around Kiawe teaching (or attempting to teach) Ash how to dance so he can master Z-Moves
  • The school arc doesn't last too long and Ash starts traveling once his classmates graduate and become Trial Captains
  • ASH CATCH A ROCKRUFF AND EVOLVE IT INTO MIDDAY LYCANROC
  • Ash and Pikachu's relationship gets the spotlight it deserves
  • Ash's team (sans Pikachu) fully evolves

What worries me:
  • How often Team Rocket is going to ruin episodes with unnecessary interruptions and Pikachu-napping attempts

This is basically my list summed up. I would add that I'd like the Pokemon to have a lot of personality to show off this new animation style, and for the love of god, if you're not gonna develop a Pokemon or you're gonna turn it into a jobber don't even bother having someone catch it.

I don't think Ash will get a Rockruff because I bet Kukui has one but I hope he interacts with that one a lot. Also, keep TR's annoyance level to a minimum - give them something to do other than bother Ash and Pikachu 24/7.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I like how Sun&Moon is doing a great job showing in its promotions and advertising what we should and can expect from the saga, it's makes me happy it's not pretending to be anything it isn't. Which will surely make for a more amicable fandom and I really hope no shipping or romance is tied to any of these girls with Satoshi.

Overall the amount of diversity in Sun&Moon makes me happy, action girl, scatter brain, fat smart guy, muscular cool guy, shy chick, Lillie got advertised and is turning out to be the direct opposite of what I thought she was. So I do retract a lot of my early judgement, they already have a struggle and possible purpose set for her with Alola Rokon and her inability / fear to make contact with Pokemon.

DatsRight

Also, keep TR's annoyance level to a minimum - give them something to do other than bother Ash and Pikachu 24/7.

As mentioned by others before, I could see them trying to get undercover by working at the school, and finding more callings there.

On a random personal preferences, I'd love Meowth to get something this series, a Z move, a normal move, any sort of ability or boost. I know TR are supposed to be wimp villains primarily, but it's kind of their thing to keep finding niches outside of it, and I think Meowth got the least of this in XY, even compared to James (Meowth had some of the showcases, but they were mostly just previous stuff he learned). Plus I think they've made Meowth static battle-wise for long enough, too often he's just standing there while Jessie and James and their Pokemon are doing everything.

Janovy

Banned
The sooner people drop this, the better.

I don't need constant negativity ruining the series for me.

noakai

Watch as 5 episode later the fandom well decry it as the worst thing in history.

LOL some of y'all are so bitter. There's an XY thread to gush in if seeing SM goodwill is so hard to deal with. The goodwill for the new series will last the first stretch as usual, and then start to fall off. How much it falls out depends on a lot of things. The cycle is gonna be the same as it always is.

As mentioned by others before, I could see them trying to get undercover by working at the school, and finding more callings there.

On a random personal preferences, I'd love Meowth to get something this series, a Z move, a normal move, any sort of ability or boost. I know TR are supposed to be wimp villains primarily, but it's kind of their thing to keep finding niches outside of it, and I think Meowth got the least of this in XY, even compared to James (Meowth had some of the showcases, but they were mostly just previous stuff he learned). Plus I think they've made Meowth static battle-wise for long enough, too often he's just standing there while Jessie and James and their Pokemon are doing everything.

I'm actually curious as to how they're gonna handle TR because surely people around the school are gonna notice them constantly causing issues, even if they're trying to use disguises. It's harder to pull shenanigans when people know to expect you and start to recognize you - it's not like talking Meowths are common.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Watch as 5 episode later they well decry it as the worst thing in history.

I don't think it will get that bad, I just think the excitement and intrigue/fatigue from the previous saga will eventually fade away and people will treat it like any other saga with its pros and cons (given the comparisons to BW I suspect many frustrations if the plot stays at the school and the stakes aren't raised)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don't think it will get that bad, I just think the excitement and intrigue will eventually fade away and people will treats it like any other saga with its pros and cons (given the comparisons to BW I suspect many frustrations if the plot stays at the school and the stakes aren't raised)
Not sure about the fandom as a whole, but I can still see the people on these forums liking Sun & Moon for a year at the very most, and then most of them will get bored with it and start complaining about all of its flaws. Even XY had that problem until XYZ came out, then it started to die down a little

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This is basically my list summed up. I would add that I'd like the Pokemon to have a lot of personality to show off this new animation style, and for the love of god, if you're not gonna develop a Pokemon or you're gonna turn it into a jobber don't even bother having someone catch it.

I don't think Ash will get a Rockruff because I bet Kukui has one but I hope he interacts with that one a lot. Also, keep TR's annoyance level to a minimum - give them something to do other than bother Ash and Pikachu 24/7.

Did you forget Rockruff has two evolutions? There's going to have to be another at some point so they can explain why Ash's Lycanroc isn't like _____(possibly Gladion if they don't want Ash with Midnight)'s Lycanroc. I doubt a Rockruff would evolve under Kukui's hands.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'm getting kind of interested in SM. Comedy is almost always good, and this is a kids show, so I hope there's not a whole lot of the romantic comedy we see in terrible shonen animes.

Also, someone said Tomioka got dropped? What is this about?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The sooner people drop this, the better.

I don't need constant negativity ruining the series for me.

Don't worry. I personally get a strong feeling that a lot of viewers will drop the SM anime very soon. Not sure about this but this is a huge possibility in my opinion.

Remix2

I'm getting kind of interested in SM. Comedy is almost always good, and this is a kids show, so I hope there's not a whole lot of the romantic comedy we see in terrible shonen animes.

Well it just speculation since tomioka isn't series construction anymore and we don't know if that mean he'll not been on the sun and moon anime.

Since it a school setting there a likely a chance that another shipping plot is going to happen.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Comedy can be good if done right, but imo if it's almost all pure slapstick...that is bad. I don't really see like ash running around flailing his arms or people making obtusely weird faces constantly as being funny honestly.

noakai

Did you forget Rockruff has two evolutions? There's going to have to be another at some point so they can explain why Ash's Lycanroc isn't like _____(possibly Gladion if they don't want Ash with Midnight)'s Lycanroc. I doubt a Rockruff would evolve under Kukui's hands.

This is true. I just have a hard time seeing them give Ash the same Pokemon that the guy he lived with for awhile had, but I love Rockruff so I wouldn't mind if he got one at all.

I forgot to say - one thing I do have concern about so far is that this is a large cast. Lots of anime have done a decent job with an even larger cast and far fewer episodes (since Pokemon season usually get over 100 eps easily) but I don't want to see any of the classmates stuck on the back burner after an extended period of time or underdeveloped because someone else took the spotlight.

Also, I kind of wonder if Kiawe seeming so much older and pretty strong means he's gonna "graduate" earlier than the others and if that's even a thing that can happen, or if they all have a "graduation date" they have to master X things by. Most likely they'll just stay together but it's something I wondered after seeing Kiawe use his z move.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
i don't get why people who are doing nothing but complain about the new series are even wasting their time on this thread. we're here to discuss the possibilities, not "omg xyz rulez sun and moon sucks".

Its just leftover salt from the Kalos League and Serena's departure

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
i don't get why people who are doing nothing but complain about the new series are even wasting their time on this thread. we're here to discuss the possibilities, not "omg xyz rulez sun and moon sucks".

Uh no one is really saying that. Not everyone here has to praise it, there is nothing wrong with fair criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.