• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Or it just people having a thing called opinions.

except some people have repeatedly stated the exact same opinion for over 100 pages without any meaningful reasoning. i'm not going to name names, but a few in particular are seriously just here to do nothing but bash on it.

DatsRight

I'm actually curious as to how they're gonna handle TR because surely people around the school are gonna notice them constantly causing issues, even if they're trying to use disguises. It's harder to pull shenanigans when people know to expect you and start to recognize you - it's not like talking Meowths are common.

In fairness they used the same disguises over and over in XY and people still didn't recognise them. I think the twerps' might have serious ADHD issues by the time of 'Jeeves' (especially since James used that disguise and even unveiled himself to their face in a previous episode).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Its just leftover salt from the Kalos League and Serena's departure

Excuse me, are you sure that these are the only reasons? I think that Ash's goofy and naive looks and him going to school are also two major reasons.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm all for Lady Lana getting a ton of screentime and focus!! Funny if Suiren is the oldest in the classroom (outside of possibly Kiawe) yet she's the smallest/shortest and looks so cuddly and sensitive. I can see her raising her voice, being the "mother"/"big sister" of the group when it's needed. She's the first to take charge of the situation (probably the first one to act like the leader and tell people what to do if they're physically frightened and don't know what to do.) She'll enjoy the water oriented activities like fishing, water skiing/diving, studying Water Type Pokémon, etc. but she doesn't mind and may even like physically demanding activities like Tauros racing, climbing, and track & field.

Mao chan will have her emotions on her shoulder and show a bit of altitude. I can see her knowing her way around but it doesn't mean that she has a good sense of direction. She'll innocently drag people into trouble and that person will have to get both of them out of it or she'll get information wrong even if she's confident that she's right about them only to fail embarrassingly. Her cooking is unique (she probably isn't trying to murder everyone so it should taste good) and maybe they'll be after effects of her cooking like you'll get diarrhea or have a stomach ache from eating too much of it or serving people Pokémon food instead of human food, etc.

Queen Lillie will be Prof Kukui's live in assistant. She can't touch Pokémon and feels anxiety when they're close to them even though she actually loves Pokémon and knows a lot about them so she'll make sure she doesn't get herself lost or run into danger. Maybe she'll spend the majority of her time inside her house reading books, helping Prof Kukui with his research, going out when necessary, watching tv, etc. I wonder if Pokémon can touch her I mean it's inevitable... She's easily frightened by loud noises and easy to scare. I an see Mallow or Lady Lana convincing her to hang out with them outside sometimes. I think she has a special ability or condition on why she can't touch Pokémon but only the Professors understand and know about it. I would hate it if someone kept pushing her to touch a Pokémon or trying to get her to do something she doesn't feel comfortable doing.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
if you're still complaining about that more than a month later, i don't know what to tell you. you can always just not watch the series and rewatch xy/xyz.

What if people think some things are good, but some things are bad? I don't understand your issue with criticism. Can you just not handle it?

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
What if people think some things are good, but some things are bad? I don't understand your issue with criticism. Can you just not handle it?

im fine with criticism, but it gets annoying when some people make the exact same complaint over and over and over again without any real contribution to a meaningful discussion. we get it, you don't like it, but do you have to drill it into our skulls? (not talking literally about you, just in general)

johno1995

I see a ton of potential with the various characters and potential interactions between each other.

Lillie: Her inability to touch Pokemon is an interesting move. How Alola Vulpix (who only appears on the poster) fits into this will be cool to see; perhaps it's a wild Pokemon that takes a liking to Lillie and follows her around for quite a few episodes. She learns to befriend it with Ash or Mallow's help, and catches it in a Poke Ball. She'd train herself to try growing close with it and they have a connection that is close without her having to physically touch Vulpix. I'd love to see if her character hates battles like her game counterpart does, it could create good conflict if written correctly. Vulpix's affinity for her could have something to do with a possible Ultra Beast connection?

Mallow: I think she's got the most balanced role of all of them. She seems friendly, fiery, active, and has a lot of typical Pokegirl qualities that I see her being Ash's main companion if the series leaves the school setting and gives him a rotating cast. I'd love to see Mallow deal with her Bounsweet's perceived weaknesses, it's a species that gets picked on a lot and to see her have to deal with it constantly losing and faltering would be interesting. I'd like to see her grow frustrated with it. We haven't seen that before; someone frustrated with their Pokemon's losses and defeats that it can actually fracture the relationship. Then they repair things, and I'd like to see Bounsweet grow and evolve from there, perhaps after having its first win in its base stage. Of course, she'd have a food gag: She loves to cook things but no one enjoys what she cooks--except for Ash, who loves all of her crazy concoctions.

Lana: Lana is someone who comes off as the "shy girl" stereotype, I'd love to see her play with that a bit and have a really explosive temper. She could be someone who's home sick and misses her sisters and family and there'd be a subplot involved with her thinking about returning home, but deciding to finish out her time at the school, finally putting her own goals and ambitions first. I want her to be driven and interesting, especially as a foil when involved in interactions with other characters. Maybe even a petty rivalry between her and Sophocles could showcase some of that explosive temper that would be a rarity for her usually soft spoken character. I see her as someone who takes Pokemon training and battles seriously, which could cause her and Lillie to clash too.

Sophocles: Sophocles looks like the type who'd butt heads with Ash often. Since his Togedemaru has already been called "Pikachu's rival", I can see the two's trainers clashing too. I see a Morrison from AG-esque rivalry between he and Ash: they try to outshine each other in everything, but both always seem to just end up making themselves look like fools (racing to class causes them both to trip and fall, trying to be the fastest at taking a quiz causes them both to fail, to something more extreme like "I can take a Thunderbolt better than you!"). This would grow into an eventual friendship, with the two bonding over Sophocles' inventions and experiments. Ash's love for science causes him to volunteer as a test dummy for all of Sophocles' crazy inventions, which often ends poorly for Ash (not in the form of exploding inventions, but more like: Sophocles has Ash test out a new "super berry" he's created by mixing all the berries together that causes problems for Ash, Sophocles invents running shoes that cause Ash to not be able to stop running, etc.).

Kiawe: I see Kiawe challenging Ash as a battler and trainer. Kiawe has this personality exuding him that seems like he won't take a lot of Ash's childish antics, yet will respect him for his battling prowess. The two have a more Paul-like rivalry that never turns to a point of close friendship like with Sophocles' rivalry, but stays at this bridging point of criticism and respect. I'd love to see Kiawe try and teach Ash and others how to dance, with Ash failing at it and Kiawe actually taking the time to help him out. He'd show a softer side to him at points so he wouldn't be a one-note stern character like Paul or Trip.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
if you're still complaining about that more than a month later, i don't know what to tell you. you can always just not watch the series and rewatch xy/xyz.

Sorry, but I can't do that. I am a big fan of the Pokemon Anime but the SM anime has broken the 20 year tradition of the Pokemon anime- no gyms, no Leagues. But as an aspiring fanfiction writer, I need to watch how the Anime does Z-moves. They are a cool conception and I need to use them in my fanfictions.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Sorry, but I can't do that. I am a big fan of the Pokemon Anime but the SM anime has broken the 20 year tradition of the Pokemon anime- no gyms, no Leagues. But as an aspiring fanfiction writer, I need to watch how the Anime does Z-moves. They are a cool conception and I need to use them in my fanfictions.

ah i didn't know you wrote fanfics that's cool. but the no gyms things isn't really the anime's fault since the games don't have them either.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Excuse me, are you sure that these are the only reasons? I think that Ash's goofy and naive looks and him going to school are also two major reasons.

Because looks=personality. Seriously, come up with a better argument.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
ah i didn't know you wrote fanfics that's cool. but the no gyms things isn't really the anime's fault since the games don't have them either.

Well I haven't published any of my fanfictions but currently working on them. My username is the same in the fanfiction site. That's why I need to keep watching the anime.

Last edited:

satopi

I think mystic has a problem with people shitposting which is pretty much saying the same thing over and over again with no concrete reason on why you keep doing it. So it's like spam but it is irritating after a while when you hear the same person say the exact same thing they proclaimed 100+ pages ago. Like we understand your reason... now either talk about the main topic, have a few more complaints, or agree with people whom you share the same opinion as.

noakai

I think mystic has a problem with people shitposting which is pretty much saying the same thing over and over again with no concrete reason on why you keep doing it. So it's like spam but it is irritating after a while when you hear the same person say the exact same thing they proclaimed 100+ pages ago. Like we understand your reason... now either talk about the main topic, have a few more complaints, or agree with people whom you share the same opinion as.

I honestly don't care about the people who keep repeating the same complaints, I just find it funny, but I was rolling my eyes at the people whining a couple of pages back because people are excited and "you won't feel that way 5 eps in." It's not my problem you're convinced you're gonna hate it already and I'm not gonna deal with someone being butthurt that others aren't ramping up to hate it right off the bat without saying anything. I don't think anyone HAS to like it at all, but at the same time, there's no reason to get so bitter at people who are choosing to be excited.

RickHoenn

Banned
I read on a Pokémon latin american forum that Cartoon Network won't air Sun & Moon and the new Pokéani will go instead to streaming services, is that confirmed? :eek: What will happen to the latin american dub as well? omg.

satopi

I honestly don't care about the people who keep repeating the same complaints, I just find it funny, but I was rolling my eyes at the people whining a couple of pages back because people are excited and "you won't feel that way 5 eps in." It's not my problem you're convinced you're gonna hate it already and I'm not gonna deal with someone being butthurt that others aren't ramping up to hate it right off the bat without saying anything. I don't think anyone HAS to like it at all, but at the same time, there's no reason to get so bitter at people who are choosing to be excited.
Ah I see. I think I was more annoyed at the people who didn't like it but wanted it to do so bad that they wanted the Pokémon Company & Game Freak to become bankrupt and die off... that was too extreme. I guess saying the same complaints can be a bit funny in a way "remembers a certain user who kept doing that almost every page until..." Though I can understand the complaints about the characters looking a bit weird/off even though I don't have much of a problem with it.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I'm pretty sure Pokenchi (whatever it's called) is going to be showing some more about the anime, which I'm excited for.

But when does Pokenchi happen, exactly? Sorry for the dumb question in advance, I just really want to see it if it hasn't already happened.

Janovy

Banned
I'm pretty sure Pokenchi (whatever it's called) is going to be showing some more about the anime, which I'm excited for.

But when does Pokenchi happen, exactly? Sorry for the dumb question in advance, I just really want to see it if it hasn't already happened.
Pokenchi already aired in Japan, but I'm not sure if you have seen the new trailer they showed.

Here it is. There's quite a bit of new footage.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Pokenchi already aired in Japan, but I'm not sure if you have seen the new trailer they showed.

Here it is. There's quite a bit of new footage.

Thank you for the info and helping to find it for me, I was looking for this on the Reddit for ages! ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.