• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I don't think Ash will get a Rockruff because I bet Kukui has one but I hope he interacts with that one a lot. Also, keep TR's annoyance level to a minimum - give them something to do other than bother Ash and Pikachu 24/7.

If the Rockruff is Kukui's, perhaps it will become attached to Ash and decide to accompany him if Ash leaves the island to partake in the Trials. I'll confess, I'm not going to stop hoping Ash gets Rockruff (that is, unless the anime makes it quite clear that Ash won't get one). It and Midday Lycanroc seem like the perfect Ash Pokémon.

I'm all for Lady Lana getting a ton of screentime and focus!! Funny if Suiren is the oldest in the classroom (outside of possibly Kiawe) yet she's the smallest/shortest and looks so cuddly and sensitive. I can see her raising her voice, being the "mother"/"big sister" of the group when it's needed. She's the first to take charge of the situation (probably the first one to act like the leader and tell people what to do if they're physically frightened and don't know what to do.)

This is precisely the kind of interaction I want Lana to have with Ash; he is the kind of boy who would exasperate an older sister, or at least awaken that big sister instinct. ("Great Arceus, this boy needs someone to look after him!") She could be the mediator when the others start bickering, or, as you said, the one who takes charge when the others don't know what to do.

Lillie: Her inability to touch Pokemon is an interesting move. How Alola Vulpix (who only appears on the poster) fits into this will be cool to see; perhaps it's a wild Pokemon that takes a liking to Lillie and follows her around for quite a few episodes. She learns to befriend it with Ash or Mallow's help, and catches it in a Poke Ball. She'd train herself to try growing close with it and they have a connection that is close without her having to physically touch Vulpix.

I would really like to see that, if in fact she ends up with the Alolan Vulpix. Even if she doesn't, I want Ash to help her learn to connect and form a bond with a Pokémon without having to physically touch it. It could lead to some heartwarming moments and speeches about connecting with your Pokémon's heart. I just hope Lillie's inability to touch Pokémon doesn't turn into an ill-treated gag.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
so in the main poster, we also see a komala, mudbray, yungoos, cutiefly, and pikipek. idk if they're just there for promotion or if they belong to any main cast members, but it might be something worth noting.

of course, the xy poster had a ton of pokemon that were just there for promotion as well, so i could be wrong.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This is precisely the kind of interaction I want Lana to have with Ash; he is the kind of boy who would exasperate an older sister, or at least awaken that big sister instinct. ("Great Arceus, this boy needs someone to look after him!") She could be the mediator when the others start bickering, or, as you said, the one who takes charge when the others don't know what to do.
Right, I can see Lady Lana taking a bit of interest in Ash and treating him like her own sibling.

I would really like to see that, if in fact she ends up with the Alolan Vulpix. Even if she doesn't, I want Ash to help her learn to connect and form a bond with a Pokémon without having to physically touch it. It could lead to some heartwarming moments and speeches about connecting with your Pokémon's heart. I just hope Lillie's inability to touch Pokémon doesn't turn into an ill-treated gag.
I think that Alolan Vulpix got lost trying to find its home in the mountains or got blown away from it and Lillie somehow found it and it started to bond with her but can sense that she's tense around it. Alolan Vulpix don't like hot weather so it's probably in the same situation as Lillie.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I personally don't see Ash catching too many Pokemon in this series as he won't travel much. I can see him catching 2-3 Pokemon at best with Pikachu hogging majority of the limelight.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I personally don't see Ash catching too many Pokemon in this series as he won't travel much. I can see him catching 2-3 Pokemon at best with Pikachu hogging majority of the limelight.
Two to three? That's not even enough for a full team. I'm sure he'll catch more than that.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash is going to catch 5 more Pokémon before this saga ends.

But how are you so sure? He won't compete in a League so he doesn't need to have a full team of 6 Pokemon.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
the league tournament itself is an anime-exclusive thing, so nobody really knows what the end game in alola anime is even from the games. we'll just have to wait and see.

noakai

the league tournament itself is an anime-exclusive thing, so nobody really knows what the end game in alola anime is even from the games. we'll just have to wait and see.

Seriously, they can make one up at the end if they want to. Ash will have to travel to meet the other captains that aren't at the school after he graduates anyway so he'll probably catch some then too.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If I had to guess, it would probably be some sort of super ultimate obstacle course/final exam where you need to show your physical abilities, your intellect, your skills in battle, and your bond with your pokémon

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Whatever, but I'm almost sure that Pikachu will hog majority of the limelight here and there won't be any regional Ace. As Pikachu is getting the Z-move, it will be the Ace itself and the rest of Ash's Pokemon are going to be much weaker in comparison.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Whatever, but I'm almost sure that Pikachu will hog majority of the limelight here and there won't be any regional Ace. As Pikachu is getting the Z-move, it will be the Ace itself and the rest of Ash's Pokemon are going to be much weaker in comparison.

Well it's about time, for 20 years he's been shafted in favour of a 'main' pokemon

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i wonder if lana's popplio, mallow's bounsweet, and sophocles' togedemaru are all gonna be walking mons. that'd be pretty cool, more interactions for pikachu.

DatsRight

i wonder if lana's popplio, mallow's bounsweet, and sophocles' togedemaru are all gonna be walking mons. that'd be pretty cool, more interactions for pikachu.

Well XY had a kid companion because XY was the new AG so the supposed theories of a Dawn like character with travelling Pokemon companions could hold because SM is the new DP. :p

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I can see Togedemaru staying out of its pokéball most of the time since they're promoting it so much, but Popplio and Bounsweet may just end being more like Cilan's Pansage or Brock's Croagunk where they're not out of their ball as often as Pikachu

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
All the rest of Ash's Pokémon are probably gonna get a Z-Move as well, tho.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
All the rest of Ash's Pokémon are probably gonna get a Z-Move as well, tho.

Considering Z - moves are a one use thing, he might go on quests to get Z-crystals for each type.

I'm also really happy that he's doing a Z-move early on in the anime. He might not get it (since we've not actually seen the move, just the warm up to it) but at least we're seeing it early on.

knightwolf09

Considering Z - moves are a one use thing, he might go on quests to get Z-crystals for each type.

I'm also really happy that he's doing a Z-move early on in the anime. He might not get it (since we've not actually seen the move, just the warm up to it) but at least we're seeing it early on.

We also forgot, Ash technically has a mega bracelet now. He can now use mega evolution if he wanted.

Also gotta love youtube's diverse way of explaining why they hate the sun and moon anime. Like saying they hate Ash's design.......and that's it. That's literally the only thing people would say in the comment section.

Status
Not open for further replies.