• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Yeah, art style/animation doesn't make an anime good. Heck, some of the writing in XY has been atrocious.

After 20 years, this is something new. I understand that people don't like change. But 20 years of the same formula gets tiresome, there is so much potential to work with in the SM anime.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
True but with completely new territory and the main quality writer mia, im a little worried if still optimistic

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
True but with completely new territory and the main quality writer mia, im a little worried if still optimistic

I understand this. What I can't understand is writing something off just because it looks bad. Don't judge a book by it's cover and all that.

Thankfully a lot of people are now saying that the animation looks really good, it's just the art style/Ash's face that looks bad. I can understand this, I was taken aback by the new design but I've come around to it and sort of prefer it to the XY Ash now.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wouldn't mind it at all if the entire series was about the school thing with traveling around included, if Island Trials aren't in the series for whatever reason. There would be more time to focus on the other 5 members of the group and the group chemistry then instead of wasting 7+ episodes for Ash doing each island challenge and whatever comes after he completes them all.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I wouldn't mind it at all if the entire series was about the school thing with traveling around included, if Island Trials aren't in the series for whatever reason. There would be more time to focus on the other 5 members of the group and the group chemistry then instead of wasting 7+ episodes for Ash doing each island challenge and whatever comes after he completes them all.

Island Trials are more than likely going to appear, the anime promotes the games. I do agree with the other points, there should be travelling and some great character development.

Salooshun

Kiawe definitely looks to be my favorite of the bunch. And his main is obviously Tortunator. Litten's not his, they'd never let somebody own a starter and main somebody else, especially something like Tortunator. lol Very good odds Litten belongs to Ash.

Sophocles I still don't care for, I'd switch him out for another captain any day. He feels too much like a Clemont clone.

Ash is definitely getting rowlet though. They could just give him two starters.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer

Based on every trailer ever so far, it looks like Ash is getting Litten as well. Why else do they show that Litten every time we get a trailer?

Ash better get Rowlet later. They would look great together, with Rowlet just chillin' on Ash's shoulder.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Not like they haven't before..... I just wish he could own solely the Fire starter for once.
He's owned just the Grass(Sceptile) and just the Water(Greninja) but never just the Fire.
That and I despise everything about the bird

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Based on every trailer ever so far, it looks like Ash is getting Litten as well. Why else do they show that Litten every time we get a trailer?

Ash better get Rowlet later. They would look great together, with Rowlet just chillin' on Ash's shoulder.

So we can sympathize with Litten getting it's tail trodden on :( I want Ash to get Litten, it's supposed final form would be perfect for him (as would Arrowl)

What I'd love to see is a Pokemon that follows Ash and let's him use it in battle, but refuses flat out to be caught (until late on in the series, where it fully trusts Ash after it sees how much he cares for him when it's lost or something to that effect).

Last edited:

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Were those facial expressions supposed to be funny?

Anyway on the characters now:

Sopholochles...When I said I wanted the next male companion to be closer to Clemont than Cilan, I didn't mean like this...I meant that I wanted him to not feel like a complete ripoff of the previous guy...At least Kiawe seems cool though.

Lillie not being able to touch Pokemon suddenly makes the Ultra Beast theory actually sound feasible. It looks like she's the main girl too considering she was the first one listed.

Liking the descriptions for the other girls too. :) And there are already shipping wars/debates starting? That's what happens when you give Ash a harem. I have to wait until I see interactions before I start shipping. :p

(Why do I have this strange feeling that Rotomdex is gonna annoy the heck out of me...)

Also I'm just going to take this moment to brag that there is a six person group instead of the five I wanted. :p

Ash has had far worse reactions to losing before but this time hes whinning? Yeah ok....

Like one minute yall are complaining about how he's perfect and never struggles but then he shows some emotional weaknesses and he's a whiny baby who should get over it and go back to being mature so you can complain about him being mature again like what is the truth anymore honestly, no matter what Ash did Iin XY people will find some way to sh*it on him for it

Like seriously, if people are going to lie, they should at least make sure the lies don't contradict eacother lol.

Last edited:

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
So we can sympathize with Litten getting it's tail trodden on :( I want Ash to get Litten, it's supposed final form would be perfect for him (as would Arrowl)

Ash would look good with Rowlet's supposed evo. Next Sceptile Pokemon, perhaps.

Although I'm not that fond of Luchalitten, if that's Litten's final evo, Ash better make it look good so I can at least respect it.

I like that you guys are hyped and excited about the series, unlike me...But I'm gonna go out on a limb here and point out that that in this series there is probably going be no middle ground. It's either gonna be good or its gonna be bad.

I'm pretty hyped for the discussion and debating aswell. Not just about shipping though xD

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
So um who is this Tomioka people were talking about? Like what specific episodes did he write? I'm not good at paying attention to those kinds of things, haha.

He's a headwriter that wrote most of the battles in the saga, he sin't on the Staff list which is weird but I guess he's on a vacation or something

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I like that you guys are hyped and excited about the series, unlike me...But I'm gonna go out on a limb here and point out that that in this series there is probably going be no middle ground. It's either gonna be good or its gonna be bad.

I'm pretty hyped for the discussion and debating aswell. Not just about shipping though xD

If there is no middle ground, they better make this series good.

I'll try my best here to not get another shipping discussion going... *hides from all AmourShippers* I think it would be funny to see how the shipping community reacts and which waifu Ash gets paired with the most.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

Impossible, we need to discuss the best girl for Ash in great detail if you don't say Mallow, your opinion is wrong, invalid and you should be quiet forevermore because you clearly don't know what you're talking about, jk

I'd suggest anyone to give it a try and if they don't like it at like episode 10 or so, then bow out. At least you'll have an idea of what the SM anime is about.

Impossible, we need to discuss the best girl for Ash in great detail if you don't say Mallow, your opinion is wrong, invalid and you should be quiet forevermore because you clearly don't know what you're talking about, jk

I'd suggest anyone to give it a try and if they don't like it at like episode 10 or so, then bow out. At least you'll have an idea of what the SM anime is about.

Ha ha, like I said after Amour, I'd like to say that there will probably be no more glorified blushes and stuff like that. I was suprised with the Mallow thing, but after I noticed that she didn't blush, I still am pretty sure Amour's gonna be hard to top. Just my opinion.

I'm a bit to attached to Pokemon to bow out, but S&M has that vibe. It has the potential to be the best, but it also has the potential to be worst. Just my opinion here again

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Ha ha, like I said after Amour, I'd like to say that there will probably be no more glorified blushes and stuff like that. I was suprised with the Mallow thing, but after I noticed that she didn't blush, I still am pretty sure Amour's gonna be hard to top. Just my opinion.

I'm a bit to attached to Pokemon to bow out, but S&M has that vibe. It has the potential to be the best, but it also has the potent ion to be worst. Just my opinion here again

Amour will be hard to top in means of trolling/teasing with false hype lol

mystic9899

Pokemon fan

i can already see the thousands of videos on youtube ranting about/praising the shippings that fans will come up with never forget what sm really stands for

Status
Not open for further replies.