• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

FulgoreX

Banned
Imagine a whole season of Ash doing little to no battling like Serena.

*shudders*

The anime may have very well jumped the shark.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Thinking about the school thing, I think it actually would've been nice if Serena returned. No, not because of "mah ships" or anything, but because the place is a school, so I just think it would've been a cool twist if she did take what's-her-face's (Palermo or something?) offer and then just said "Actually, you're not gonna be my only student, I'm gonna teach a whole class over at this Alolan school where Ash is also conviently going!"

I dunno, I just thought that would've been nice. But it doesn't look like Serena is returning anyways.

GamerGirlNanami

Honestly I don't get it. So many fans wanted a style change for the anime and once we get one people complain. I can see Pokemon from here on being like Digimon/Yugioh. In other words having a new theme with each series. (Assuming the gym concept is not in next gen either) I really want the school concept to be all S&M myself just for a new pace. Him being in school does not by any means mean he can't travel it would just mean it would be more structured. Like he travels in the form of missions which act as exams. Maybe even do a ranking system like in GX and Naruto.

Ominous Wind

Honestly I don't get it. So many fans wanted a style change for the anime and once we get one people complain. I can see Pokemon from here on being like Digimon/Yugioh. In other words having a new theme with each series. (Assuming the gym concept is not in next gen either) I really want the school concept to be all S&M myself just for a new pace. Him being in school does not by any means mean he can't travel it would just mean it would be more structured. Like he travels in the form of missions which act as exams. Maybe even do a ranking system like in GX and Naruto.

It's the poster. Or at least Ash's face on it. People feel threatened by a single image, and it's hilarious.

FulgoreX

Banned

If that were the case they should have used a new protagonist. Ash should have become champion in Kalos and then been written off.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive

People have wanted a change? The only thing I wanted was a champion League and then write Ash out since he's finished as evident by this series. I'm going to give it a chance, but the fact of no gyms and the possibility of another reset is just hard to swallow. Not to mention Ash being at the top of his game both skill and maturity wise and it makes Kalos the perfect region to end his story. Let the new protagonist start off in the school setting...

FulgoreX

Banned
People have wanted a change? The only thing I wanted was a champion League and then write Ash out since he's finished as evident by this series. I'm going to give it a chance, but the fact of no gyms and the possibility of another reset is just hard to swallow. Not to mention Ash being at the top of his game both skill and maturity wise and it makes Kalos the perfect region to end his story. Let the new protagonist start off in the school setting...

Amen. I'd much rather Ash be written off then to see him endlessly rebooted for another 10-20 years.

All hope for the anime is now gone.

clbgolden12

I feel like I got trolled. Also what are ash's shoes this generation???
They're the same shoes the male protagonist is wearing in Sun and Moon.

... But speaking of clothes, I'm not really a fan of how Ash is dressed exactly like the male protagonist. I mean, I know to some extent he does dress like them, but this just seems like a complete copy and paste this time.

GamerGirlNanami

Well I have seen many want the series to change for ages now. Granted the anime could not really change until GF did a change. We have no idea how Ash is skill wise. God Forbid he does show more personality on a regular basis than in past series but still keep his skill. People thinking this means he is rebooted just due to him being a bit silly is insane.

Am I practically the only one who is currently super hyped for this new anime? :(

Though I must admit, when I saw Ash was "going to school" I kinda felt this wouldn't go over that well and that I'd be in the minority of those that liked the idea...

I wasn't yesterday, but I am now. Though that may be just because I tend to like most things the anime throws at me.

I'm really looking forward to see how this will all pan out. I'm also really happy to see that Ash is most likely getting a rowlett over a litten like I initially thought he would.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
They're the same shoes the male protagonist is wearing in Sun and Moon.

... But speaking of clothes, I'm not really a fan of how Ash is dressed exactly like the male protagonist. I mean, I know to some extent he does dress like them, but this just seems like a complete copy and paste this time.

Um, his hat is different. I'm not really a fan of it either. It just seems like they rendered the Z-Move pose in artwork and then photoshopped Ash's head and skin tone onto it.

WorthyX

Well. This new series is considered trash. Let the downfall begin and hope that the anime gets canceled before they can try to make it worse.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wonder who will get Litten. It seems like it'll be similar to Snivy.

GamerGirlNanami

I wasn't yesterday, but I am now. Though that may be just because I tend to like most things the anime throws at me.

I'm really looking forward to see how this will all pan out. I'm also really happy to see that Ash is most likely getting a rowlett over a litten like I initially thought he would.

Hopefully this means no Pikipek and Rowlet fits the grass and flying slot.

clbgolden12

Um, his hat is different. I'm not really a fan of it either. It just seems like they rendered the Z-Move pose in artwork and then photoshopped Ash's head and skin tone onto it.
Ironically enough, I honestly love his new hat. It's just a recolor of the male PC, but I was hoping it'd have a red colored version.

Well. This new series is considered trash. Let the downfall begin and hope that the anime gets canceled before they can try to make it worse.
Bruh, the series hasn't even aired yet. You're literally judging it off a poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.