1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squirtle_007

Squirtle_007 DP Season SUCKS!

So ... it doesn't look like Serena is staying ... where is all that people that said Amourshipping was going to be canon?, where is all that people that said romance was arrived to the series to stay?, what all of them have to say now?

Personally, I can't wait for XYZ to end, the Ash Overglorifying Season was unbearable and his Cheerleading Squad was dissapointing. Good riddance, Kalos, you won't be missed

2. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

LOL, what exactly is your problem? People can like shipping or characters all they want. You don't speak for other people, nor do I understand why you're gloating either.

3. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

I don't think that it was ever specified that he willingly agreed to go to school. In fact, I think that it would be interesting if he was required to go to school for some reason, like not winning any real League despite having all the pieces required for victory or something like that.

4. Ominous Wind

Ominous Wind Well-Known Member

This description on the front page is so funny for some reason. It's like Ash just said "Screw being a trainer! I want to learn stuff!"

#Kappa

5. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

I don't think he will be in a school, but it'd be funny if his mom forced him to go to attend school.

6. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

Imagine a whole season of Ash doing little to no battling like Serena.

*shudders*

The anime may have very well jumped the shark.

7. Ominous Wind

>It's okay when Ash does it

I want my equality! If Serena can get hate for not battling then so should Ash!

#Kappa

8. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Thinking about the school thing, I think it actually would've been nice if Serena returned. No, not because of "mah ships" or anything, but because the place is a school, so I just think it would've been a cool twist if she did take what's-her-face's (Palermo or something?) offer and then just said "Actually, you're not gonna be my only student, I'm gonna teach a whole class over at this Alolan school where Ash is also conviently going!"

I dunno, I just thought that would've been nice. But it doesn't look like Serena is returning anyways.

9. GamerGirlNanami

GamerGirlNanami Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't get it. So many fans wanted a style change for the anime and once we get one people complain. I can see Pokemon from here on being like Digimon/Yugioh. In other words having a new theme with each series. (Assuming the gym concept is not in next gen either) I really want the school concept to be all S&M myself just for a new pace. Him being in school does not by any means mean he can't travel it would just mean it would be more structured. Like he travels in the form of missions which act as exams. Maybe even do a ranking system like in GX and Naruto.

10. Ominous Wind

It's the poster. Or at least Ash's face on it. People feel threatened by a single image, and it's hilarious.

11. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

If that were the case they should have used a new protagonist. Ash should have become champion in Kalos and then been written off.

12. sharkie912

sharkie912 Member

I feel like I got trolled. Also what are ash's shoes this generation???

13. GamerGirlNanami

People should know by now the first poster of the new series is nothing to go by. Since DP the first poster has always been misleading

14. Ominous Wind

Not that I know a lot about fashion, but those blue shoes don't fit him, in my humble opinion.

EDIT: Wait, the shoes! Those are the Popplio shoes! :(

15. potat_lasaro

potat_lasaro I'm kind of alive

People have wanted a change? The only thing I wanted was a champion League and then write Ash out since he's finished as evident by this series. I'm going to give it a chance, but the fact of no gyms and the possibility of another reset is just hard to swallow. Not to mention Ash being at the top of his game both skill and maturity wise and it makes Kalos the perfect region to end his story. Let the new protagonist start off in the school setting...

16. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

Amen. I'd much rather Ash be written off then to see him endlessly rebooted for another 10-20 years.

All hope for the anime is now gone.

17. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

They're the same shoes the male protagonist is wearing in Sun and Moon.

... But speaking of clothes, I'm not really a fan of how Ash is dressed exactly like the male protagonist. I mean, I know to some extent he does dress like them, but this just seems like a complete copy and paste this time.

18. GamerGirlNanami

Well I have seen many want the series to change for ages now. Granted the anime could not really change until GF did a change. We have no idea how Ash is skill wise. God Forbid he does show more personality on a regular basis than in past series but still keep his skill. People thinking this means he is rebooted just due to him being a bit silly is insane.

19. TyrantGallade

TyrantGallade Member

I wasn't yesterday, but I am now. Though that may be just because I tend to like most things the anime throws at me.

I'm really looking forward to see how this will all pan out. I'm also really happy to see that Ash is most likely getting a rowlett over a litten like I initially thought he would.

20. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Um, his hat is different. I'm not really a fan of it either. It just seems like they rendered the Z-Move pose in artwork and then photoshopped Ash's head and skin tone onto it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.