• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorthyX

Bruh, the series hasn't even aired yet. You're literally judging it off a poster.

I didn't judge based on the poster. It is based on the the development that will be thrown out of the window and there isn't going to be a good impression to match evenly with the XY series.

Remix2

For all we know the school has no beginners. The school could be focused on making trainers with skill eve better. Picture it like how Scott scouted trainers for the BF.... I will freak if Scott actually does ask Ash to join the school. I mean look at the guy. He just screams Alola!

If the students in this school is similarly to the school in my hero academa(can't remember the name of it right now). Then I could accept it but going by the poster that didn't seem to be the case.

But I like the idea of him going in and destroying everyone in the school until getting defected by tapu koko.

Last edited:

FulgoreX

Banned
I'm gonna say it now, even the first BW poster looked a lot better than this. BW Ash's design didn't look too bad (although he did look younger than in DP), it was just his regression that was annoying.

Sun/Moon Ash looks like a completely different character, he doesn't even look like Ash.

Dwight

Banned
I'm gonna say it now, even the first BW poster looked a lot better than this. BW Ash's design didn't look too bad (although he did look younger than in DP), it was just his regression that was annoying.

Sun/Moon Ash looks like a completely different character, he doesn't even look like Ash.

I doubt that this is the final poster, they always release an early poster before the actual poster. Then the real poster comes out after the previous poster which was made to build up the good poster and then that poster becomes the bad poster no wait okay the new poster is the good poster the actual poster the poster that's used for the series and the old poster becomes the old poster and stays as the old poster so that the new poster can be the good poster. Makes sense?

This was the first poster for XY http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/xy/poster.jpg

This is the real poster https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...SmmjNpQ/w506-h910/Pok%C3%A9mon-XY-610x758.jpg

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Honestly Im warming up to the idea of this like a lot, im ready for Ashy boy to go to school

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

Time to go full cynicism mode.

S&M is clearly BW! successor in spirit of giving us a very vibrant and "child" like Satoshi, we're clearly heading in that direction. So there, let's not waste time expecting "Strong Shounen Hero, Satoshi" who is a hero and loved by all and never does wrong to be a thing. S&M Satoshi is clearly going to be the type to get affectionately electrocuted or carry his Pokemon around like babies. Might as well drop the show and not torture yourself.

GamerGirlNanami

S&M is clearly BW! successor in spirit of giving us a very vibrant and "child" like Satoshi, we're clearly heading in that direction. So there, let's not waste time expecting "Strong Shounen Hero, Satoshi" who is a hero and loved by all and never does wrong to be a thing. S&M Satoshi is clearly going to be the type to get affectionately electrocuted or carry his Pokemon around like babies. Might as well drop the show and not torture yourself.

Funny thing is most shonen leads are childish and goofy. Naruto,Goku,Luffy.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive

S&M is clearly BW! successor in spirit of giving us a very vibrant and "child" like Satoshi, we're clearly heading in that direction. So there, let's not waste time expecting "Strong Shounen Hero, Satoshi" who is a hero and loved by all and never does wrong to be a thing. S&M Satoshi is clearly going to be the type to get affectionately electrocuted or carry his Pokemon around like babies.

Um, did you watch the whole depression/Ash-Greninja arc? It showed that Ash did wrong. He literally became obsessed with power and only wanted to get stronger and stronger, forgetting about the real reason he became a trainer; to go on adventures with pokemon.

And if he were to get electrocuted or carry his pokemon like babies it wouldn't be any different than past seasons especially the baby part with Noibat. But, there is no denying that if Sun and Moon are going to be a reset then if it and XY switched places in order of airing it would feel more like a natural transition from BW -> S/M -> XY basing it off of a poster alone. Granted we have no information.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Um, did you watch the whole depression/Ash-Greninja arc? It showed that Ash did wrong. He literally became obsessed with power and only wanted to get stronger and stronger, forgetting about the real reason he became a trainer; to go on adventures with pokemon.

And if he were to get electrocuted or carry his pokemon like babies it wouldn't be any different than past seasons especially the baby part with Noibat. But, there is no denying that if Sun and Moon are going to be a reset then if it and XY switched places in order of airing it would feel more like a natural transition from BW -> S/M -> XY basing it off of a poster alone. Granted we have no information.

I think Blue was trying to be sarcastic. Still, I'd prefer a more human Ash than the one we got in XY.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
I really feel like people are overreacting here. TBH though I was one of those people too when I saw the poster and read about it but then I thought "we don't know much at all like this school could be a metaphorical league of sorts you know like once you beat all the island challenges then you "graduate from the school". Also I think a bunch of people hating right now are only doing so because of the way Ash looks in the poster put his XY face on it a boom half of the haters are probably liking it. Also besides who cares if he has a "derpy smile" on his face he's having fun doing a Z move pose which is a brand new concept to him and a MAJOR gameplay device in the games so I'm not going to say I hate or dislike the series until maybe half way through it but right now I think it's a very different and interesting idea with what they're doing with Ash and hopefully he gets some nice new character development.

Last edited:
I'm hoping there will be mini tournaments this arc, like some kind of inter-school competition. Tournaments were always my favourite part of the BW anime not only because of the battles, but also because it allowed the side characters to get some development, and it always interesting to see them all interact with one another outside Ash and the gang. If they do return, I hope they'll actually let Ash win a few.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Funny thing is most shonen leads are childish and goofy. Naruto,Goku,Luffy.
I mean, Satoshi has never been a badass, edgelord before. I feel XY gave many the wrong impression, he's a happy go lucky and energetic kid who loves Pokemon and he would willingly never put glory above his Pokemon or friends.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I didn't judge based on the poster. It is based on the the development that will be thrown out of the window and there isn't going to be a good impression to match evenly with the XY series.
So, instead you're basing it off of nothing? That's not much better.

Oh my God... They really ran out of ideas...
Since when has trying a new formula meant running out of ideas?

Dwight

Banned
If we discard this abomination dumbash.jpg

I speculate that SM Ash will maintain his level of experience that he had in XY, but may be as childish as he was in the OS, kind of a mix breed and typical persona of an average Shounen Protagonist.

That in my opinion wouldn't be so bad, and I could accept it.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I'm hoping there will be mini tournaments this arc, like some kind of inter-school competition. Tournaments were always my favourite part of the BW anime not only because of the battles, but also because it allowed the side characters to get some development, and it always interesting to see them all interact with one another outside Ash and the gang. If they do return, I hope they'll actually let Ash win a few.

I agree, I think two or three mini-tournaments will happen. I just hope it's handled right with actual competent trainers entering the thing, not some generic beginners. Something similar to Don Battle Tournament is fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.