1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyrantGallade

TyrantGallade Member

I'm hoping there will be mini tournaments this arc, like some kind of inter-school competition. Tournaments were always my favourite part of the BW anime not only because of the battles, but also because it allowed the side characters to get some development, and it always interesting to see them all interact with one another outside Ash and the gang. If they do return, I hope they'll actually let Ash win a few.

2. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I mean, Satoshi has never been a badass, edgelord before. I feel XY gave many the wrong impression, he's a happy go lucky and energetic kid who loves Pokemon and he would willingly never put glory above his Pokemon or friends.

3. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

So, instead you're basing it off of nothing? That's not much better.

Since when has trying a new formula meant running out of ideas?

4. Dwight

Dwight Banned

If we discard this abomination dumbash.jpg

I speculate that SM Ash will maintain his level of experience that he had in XY, but may be as childish as he was in the OS, kind of a mix breed and typical persona of an average Shounen Protagonist.

That in my opinion wouldn't be so bad, and I could accept it.

5. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

I agree, I think two or three mini-tournaments will happen. I just hope it's handled right with actual competent trainers entering the thing, not some generic beginners. Something similar to Don Battle Tournament is fine for me.

6. Jibanyan

Jibanyan Well-Known Member

It's not like Ash is interesting in the first place. He is a generic protagonist and very by the books.

7. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

I never understood why ash acting cool sometime is a bad thing I mean most shouen hero do the same thing as well.l and no one seem to have a problem with it.

8. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

This is pretty much my stance on Ash. He's not exactly complex but his friends and battles are the thing that tend to excite us.

9. GamerGirlNanami

GamerGirlNanami Well-Known Member

I will be so happy if Bewear is the head master of the school and uses Meowth to talk to humans. Like up until now the humans have had no idea what it was saying and Meowth comes in as almost it's secretary.

10. Dwight

Dwight Banned

Ash jumping off the Eiffel Tower was like the main thing that got me into XY.

The series started off strong, and remained strong till now, discarding the fillers of course.

11. fidjnr

fidjnr Active Member

notice the ?! in the poster that could be a clue

12. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

I think this saga just officially proves the writers have run out of ideas:

1. They refuse to replace Ash so they stick him in extremely odd situations he doesn't fit in.

2. They make a classroom theme when the Sun/Moon games have nothing to do with schools or classes

Also you can tell the art style will change again after XY ends.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  13. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

Ok I have to amid that will be pretty funny.

14. clbgolden12

Neither of those indicate they're running out of ideas. Ash is the series staple, so of course they'll keep him regardless, and even if Sun and Moon aren't centered around school, that doesn't mean anything about running out of ideas.

15. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

What does series staple even mean? There's no "rule" that Ash has to be around forever. Having him become Kalos champion and doing Sun/Moon with a new hero would make far more sense. As I said, just throw in a random Pikachu on the cast and that's that.

16. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

In his case in XY it was detrimental to several characters around him and was tiring after a while, for example there's nothing wrong with him jumping off the tower for Pikachu at the beginning of the series but when he's getting these moment every episode it comes off as character shilling. There's no reason why he needed to go jump on the Fuwaride to save Eureka when Eureka is Citron's sis and he said he wanted to do it and his character arc. had to do with wanting more confidence and courage, yet he let Satoshi take care of business for the sake of him having his heroic BSOD.

17. clbgolden12

So you'd want Ash to be replaced with some other guy with a Pikachu?

Don't you think the result would turn out to be a lot like Ash?

18. GamerGirlNanami

I think I speak for most when I say the anime felt weird DP onward. Not saying DP and XY were bad but the feeling from day one till the end of AG was weird. If S&M can recapture the old days but keep the writing of XY I think that will be the best balance.

19. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

That seems like a terrible idea. Do you really want a carbon copy of Ash, because that is what is bound to happen.

20. GamerGirlNanami

Well I mean if they change the personality I doubt it would feel like Ash. like make him power hungry at first or a loner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.