• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight

Banned
Let's say that hypothetically, when the footage is released; a lot of people end up hating it, start disliking TV Tokyo's videos, they end remove the like/dislike ratio, they start getting negative reception, will that force them to revamp the whole anime?

I mean, BW wasn't the best series, but it was a one time thing and alluded to many elements from the original series, which I guess is what kept it alive.

However now, I believe that XY set the bar pretty high so SM will have to remain at the level, if not it'll plummet down.

FulgoreX

Banned
Let's say that hypothetically, when the footage is released; a lot of people end up hating it, start disliking TV Tokyo's videos, they end remove the like/dislike ratio, they start getting negative reception, will that force them to revamp the whole anime?

Episodes are scripted/animated at least 6-7 months in advance. Any backlash toward the beginning of Sun/Moon can't even be changed till mid/late 2017 at earliest. And that's assuming the writers even care.

Lunala

Banned
Every saga has plenty of gags. AG, DP and XY all have gags.

They don't need to dumb down Ash to the point of being a moron to do that.

good lord that's not even what i said. do you know how to read?

Lunala

Banned
yeah RIP in peace pokemon. reason for death: goofy smile, didn't even see the first episode of s/m

Dwight

Banned
Urgh, what would Alain say about all this? dumbash.jpg

Episodes are scripted/animated at least 6-7 months in advance. Any backlash toward the beginning of Sun/Moon can't even be changed till mid/late 2017 at earliest. And that's assuming the writers even care.

6-7 MONTHS!??!?! *faints*

Zero1999

Not gonna lie, Ash looks retarded and now instead of being a homeless traveler, decides to finish school? IMAO

At the end it will make Ash cry like an anime fan on prom night.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Let me clarify something right now, just because it seems he's trying to graduate school does not mean he's giving up on becoming a pokemon master. I doubt the writers want that, it's just that with no gyms or actual league it'll be kinda difficult to keep that going. So Sun and moon I see as basically a little break from that, as people said perhaps Ash will actually benefit from doing this, and again all we've seen is ONE POSTER so shut up and just wait for more information. Until the first episode actually airs we have no idea how this will go. I for one will remain cautiously optimistic about it and just hope it's at least good.

Give me 1 instance where any previous series had a poster where Ash looked anything like THAT and I'll jump on the optimistic train. Let's face it, Ash's look for a series determines Ash's skill and maturity in that series (BW and XY being evident of that). I see no reason why Ash couldn't just travel Alola and face the TCs normally wouldn't without being in some school. Since this show is aimed at kids, this school will probably be for elementary students and the Pokemon concepts taught will be basic. They'll also make Ash stupid so that he'll be more "relatable". I mean seriously what should we expect? Some kind of prestigious academy that only accepts powerful veteran trainers and makes them under go rigorous training in advance battle techniques like field exploitation, entry hazzards, combo complexity, trainer command sequence reaction time, and weather control in addition to the obvious Z-move mastery. Said school also boasts graduates who are currently Pokemon Champions, E4 trainers, whatever the Alolan equivalents of the previous 2 are, and leading Pokemon Professors. After all of Ash's accomplishments that's the kind of institution I feel Ash deserves to attend, but it's obvious that that's not happening and we'll likely end up just hoping that Ash atleast doesn't need to be re-taught on how to catch Pokemon. Also, it will be a miracle if there's even 1 other student who has significant training experience in this school barring Ash much less the entire class. I feel as though the current poster and premise do warrant a high degree of sceptiscm unless you can point to a past poster that supposedly gave such a highly misleading interpretation for a previous serious. Unless you can do this, you have no right to tell me or anyone else not to write sceptical comments on this forum or as you so aptly put "to shut up". I do agree that the first episode needs to air before any of us can make fair conclusions regarding the quality of this series, but your kidding me if you say that the current information (both visual and written) doesn't seem to point to a direction that I and many others would find disheartening and especially an MC design that looks downright cringe worthy. Maybe I'm wrong and S&M will have quality writing and excellent characters, but that now seems far less probable than before the poster and premise were revealed.

FulgoreX

Banned
Now that we know a big reboot is coming it really does make you wonder why the writers couldn't just let Ash win the Kalos league. At least that way fans would have finally gotten that big victory after 20 years...even if they still decided to reboot him.

noakai

Personally, I've been hoping for a rotating cast for every episodes a la Star Wars the Clone Wars. We can see everyone's development, do story arcs, and build tension.

I think that could be great actually. There would be less opportunity for characters to stagnate for huge chunks of time at least, and if there are new people every little arc, that's new blood and more opportunity for different storylines. You could have a Serena, May, Dawn, Brock, Dent, Clement etc all in one region and since a lot people seem to be of the opinion that overall characters don't get full arcs like they deserve anyway, a rotating cast would at least explain why. They won't be around for 100 eps with not much change.

Lunala

Banned
Now that we know a big reboot is coming it really does make you wonder why the writers couldn't just let Ash win the Kalos league. At least that way fans would have finally gotten that big victory after 20 years...even if they still decided to reboot him.

Wouldn't that have made this hypothetical "reboot" (which we don't even know is happening - you're incorrect) more drastic, and therefore worse?

He'll probably have another chance to win another league, in the next region he goes to that has one. Just won't be in Alola

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I am alright with getting behind the premise and story.

But sweet mother of god I really hate Ash's new art design.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think the biggest change in Ash's face is really his eyes. We're so used to them being big and covering most of his face but now they're human like and less exaggerated. His hair is less defined and spiky and his features are softened. To be honest, the new art style remind me of traditional animation from the 80's or a Studio Ghibli type of art style, except a lot more creative (in terms of every character not looking the same.) I'll get used to him looking like this and it'll get better as we see everyone transition and are brought to life in film. It isn't bubbly and sprinkled with tons of bright colors, going for a "cute" look for everyone like in BW but more toned down and calm. The background looks like it was painted, it looks really detailed.

Dwight

Banned
I stand tall cause I know that I'm a Scholar.

Grade me down, I'll just retake the test.

I'll get my bach', yeah, I'm no beginner.

Pokemon. Pokemon. Gotta study hard!

Was late for class so I got detention.

Pokemon. Pokemon. Gotta read em' all!

Last edited:

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I think the biggest change in Ash's face is really his eyes. We're so used to them being big and covering most of his face but now they're human like and less exaggerated. His hair is less defined and spiky and his features are softened. To be honest, the new art style remind me of traditional animation from the 80's or a Studio Ghibli type of art style, except a lot more creative (in terms of every character not looking the same.) I'll get used to him looking like this and it'll get better as we see everyone transition and are brought to life in film. It isn't bubbly and sprinkled with tons of bright colors, going for a "cute" look for everyone like in BW but more toned down and calm. The background looks like it was painted, it looks really detailed.

Ah, now that you pointed that out, it does make sense. I suspect though it'll take a long time for me to get use to Ash's new design, since I've gotten so use to it.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Why does no one mention that Ash is now glove-less???

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy

WaterTypeWarrior

Why does no one mention that Ash is now glove-less???

Because everyone's too busy moaning about his face to talk about anything else. TR's apparent Bewear has been more or less brushed over with just a few small mentions, despite it being one of the only concrete things we can actually get from these scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.