• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

FulgoreX

Banned
I'm surprised TR are still in this series too. I mean I know why they are, but how the hell are they going to work in a school setting? Unless Jessie/James attend classes too.

Seriously, this whole Sun/Moon saga really should have been a reboot with a new cast. Don't see why Ash and TR couldn't have been written off after XY.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
Still wondering how they'll handle Rotom dex Like part of Ashs team or just like how Meowth is to Team Rocket. Also if Ash were to get Rockruff would you want The sun evolution or the moon evolution personally I'd love to see the moon version. Also anyone think that Alolan Vulpix is just a wild pokemon that's lillies friend??

Wouldn't be the first time Ash attempted to attend school. Just this time it will be for an entire series instead of just an episode or two. Think I'll wait to see how this goes. A school environment might actually make this pretty fun.

FulgoreX

Banned
Wouldn't be the first time Ash attempted to attend school. Just this time it will be for an entire series instead of just an episode or two. Think I'll wait to see how this goes. A school environment might actually make this pretty fun.

That's the problem. Making a 3 year and 140+ episode series about something is a lot more ridiculous than the 3-4 episodes we saw Ash in a school setting before.

Janovy

Banned
I'm surprised TR are still in this series too. I mean I know why they are, but how the hell are they going to work in a school setting? Unless Jessie/James attend classes too.
Maybe, just maybe...there won't be actual classes?

FulgoreX

Banned

From what I gather, Ash has no traditional group of friends this time. But the entire class (which seems to consist of Ash, the island trial leaders, and Lillie, etc) will all group travel together to the different Alola islands and areas. So TR will still be used for fillers, but in a classroom setting they'll have no point.

Dwight

Banned

They'll probably pose as janitors/cafeteria workers/bus drivers the whole time.

Lunala

Banned

you could be on to something here, especially since the translation says "A school life like none other" which implies it's going to be different in some way from a regular Trainer's School. one difference could be that there is no classroom setting

Janovy

Banned
From what I gather, Ash has no traditional group of friends this time. But the entire class (which seems to consist of Ash, the island trial leaders, and Lillie, etc) will all group travel together to the different Alola islands and areas. So TR will still be used for fillers, but in a classroom setting they'll have no point.
You gather all of that from a poster? Wow.

And what if that isn't the case? We barely know ANYTHING and here you *****ing just because you made some assumptions.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Why does no one mention that Ash is now glove-less???

I noticed, I just don't care that much about it to say anything. It is literally Sun's clothing style swapped onto Ash.

Seriously, this whole Sun/Moon saga really should have been a reboot with a new cast. Don't see why Ash and TR couldn't have been written off after XY.

If Ash is still around you can bet Team Rocket are. They won't leave until he does. They're going to keep trying to steal Pikachu and the Pokemon of the day until the day the anime ends.

FulgoreX

Banned

What do you suspect the group dynamic will be then? All other anime posters made it clear Ash was traveling with 2-3 people. On this Sun/Moon poster, it just shows all the island captains and Lillie in the background. Granted Mallow is a bit more prominent than the others, but still no clear sign of any traditional Ash traveling group.

Its clear that along with the classroom setting, etc. means they're just all in the same group together, and most likely they'll all be in most or all the episodes.

Lunala

Banned

And what if that isn't the case? We barely know ANYTHING and here you *****ing just because you made some assumptions.

well the whole point of this thread is for people to look at the poster and speculate/make assumptions and then weigh those assumptions against each other. why else would there be a thread dedicated to discussing a poster? nothing can be made from what we see other than assumptions.

i only take issue when people assume based on the poster that the show will be bad.

WaterTypeWarrior

I genuinely can't wait for the potential trailer on Thursday. I'm already so sick of all the baseless negative assumptions (negative is the key word here, not knocking general speculation). Seriously, guys, at least wait until you see some actual footage. At least that way, people have a more solid basis to complain if they don't like what they see.

Last edited:

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
I stand tall cause I know that I'm a Scholar.

Grade me down, I'll just retake the test.

I'll get my bach', yeah, I'm no beginner.

Pokemon. Pokemon. Gotta study hard!

Was late for class so I got detention.

Pokemon. Pokemon. Gotta read em' all!

IGN: 7.8/10. Too much books.

FulgoreX

Banned
I wonder if this will be the cycle for the anime from now on:

DP = competent Ash
BW = goofy/incompetent Ash
XY = competent Ash
SM = goofy/incompetent Ash

If this is the case we know every other saga of the anime will be better than the other.

Lunala

Banned
I wonder if this will be the cycle for the anime from now on:

DP = competent Ash
BW = goofy/incompetent Ash
XY = competent Ash
SM = goofy/incompetent Ash

If this is the case we know every other saga of the anime will be better than the other.

except ash was goofy and incompetent in OS, and competent in AG so this pattern doesn't exist

FulgoreX

Banned
except ash was goofy and incompetent in OS, and competent in AG so this pattern doesn't exist

AG to DP is the only time competent Ash was retained, simply because the show had stronger continuity back then and they didn't go with forced reboots until BW.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You guys have literally been saying I wish Ash would learn, why is he so stupid and when he finally goes to school to learn more, ya'll say he's been reset. Newsflash guys, there is more to pokemon then just throwing a ball. There is gonna be countless new moves and pokemon not to mention z moves and someone has to teach him about all this instead of Ash sitting there like an idiot saying what's that and having the Brock of the group explain it.

Also he is obviously posing and doing the Z move in the pic so his face isn't gonna stay like that.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It's reliant on the games. Black and white were kind of reboot-ish, with having 156 new pokemon, no ties to old gens at all and it reset route numbers and everything. So they tried sort of rebooting the anime or having BW similar to OS. Now Sun and moon are going to be doing all new stuff but in different ways.

FulgoreX

Banned
It's reliant on the games. Black and white were kind of reboot-ish, with having 156 new pokemon, no ties to old gens at all and it reset route numbers and everything. So they tried sort of rebooting the anime or having BW similar to OS. Now Sun and moon are going to be doing all new stuff but in different ways.

Hoenn was a fresh start in the games too and you couldn't trade over your old pokemon from RBYGSC.

Anime wise they made it a sequel to the OS, made Ash mature and gave the rookie stuff to May as the new trainer. Its why it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.