• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markerz

So many theories that have been created from a poster! Clearly, based on the information we've been given, we can extrapolate the following:

Ash is going to get an education, get a job and then settle down. Once he has a kid of his own, he'll inspire the kid to become a Pokemon Master and subsequently disappear forever. It'll be poetic, perhaps he'll ride off into the sunset on the back of the Ho-Oh from the original series.

Oh, and in the end Team Rocket's going to throw a Thunder Stone at Pikachu, just to spite it.

MattySadler

Gohan, having finally matured, stepped up as the stories hero and defeated Cell, but disappointed everyone by becoming a scholar.

Ash, having finally finished higher than the top four in a regional Pokemon League competition, disappointed everyone by becoming a scholar.

GamerGirlNanami

His goal was also to win a league, which would be one-step toward his Pokemon Master Goal. The fact that the writers keep telling us about the Elite 4 challenge but never do it is frustrating.

Not true. He wanted to be a master. Nobody really knows the steps to it though. If winning a league was all it took Harrison would have been one. Not even champions are masters

FulgoreX

Banned
Gohan, having finally matured, stepped up as the stories hero and defeated Cell, but disappointed everyone by becoming a scholar.

Ash, having finally finished higher than the top four in a regional Pokemon League competition, disappointed everyone by becoming a scholar.

And at least Gohan went out in a blaze of glory. What happened to Ash? He still lost the Kalos league and never accomplished anything and now they reboot him.

Why couldn't they just have him win the Kalos league if they wanted to reboot the anime? I'm also willing to bet Sun/Moon has no continuity with any previous saga and pretends all the past series never happened, similar to XY, but this time it'll be worse because of the regression.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
And at least Gohan went out in a blaze of glory. What happened to Ash? He still lost the Kalos league and never accomplished anything and now they reboot him.

Why couldn't they just have him win the Kalos league if they wanted to reboot the anime? I'm also willing to bet Sun/Moon has no continuity with any previous saga and pretends all the past series never happened, similar to XY, but this time it'll be worse because of the regression.
Damn. So I guess that whole Battle Frontier and Orange League thing was all just a lucid dream I hat then? Bring up the ******** they don't count argument, I ****ing dare you.
Also can I get receipts about this whole reboot thing you keep mentioning? Like any official word or something. Because surely someone like you wouldn't overreact because of 1 poster then keep falsely proclaiming their own opinion, backed up by nothing as fact right?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Or worse, a uvona league scenario.

Kalos was worse. I'd take losing to an idiot over losing to an unbeatable stu who already beat him twice anyday.

Honestly at least a brief change in goals for a saga could allow him finally win SOMETHING major, we haven't had that since Battle Frontier which was more then a decade ago

I hope so, I want to see him finally accomplish something again.

Navin

MALDREAD
Thank God there isn't a League.

The last thing we need is another repeat of the Kalos scenario.

?

He could always win now there's precedent he has reached every latter stage...

Honestly at least a brief change in goals for a saga could allow him finally win SOMETHING major, we haven't had that since Battle Frontier which was more then a decade ago

Top 4 in Sinnoh and Finals in Kalos are progressive victories in themselves.

Sun&Moon has been set up as the season where Ash should literally win everything.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

So many assumptions going around that the anime is getting rebooted. Ash goes to a school that we don't even know the details about and it's considered a reboot? To me that's just trying something new. And where are people getting the idea that Ash is regressing for sure? Derpy face =/= regression.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Top 4 in Sinnoh and Finals in Kalos are progressive victories in themselves.

Sun&Moon has been set up as the season where Ash should literally win everything.

Higher League placings are great and all but I'd like to see Ash just decisively WIN something for a change, just /anything/, it would just be refreshing even if it's not a League

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
There's no league and Ash is a goofy moron. This will be like the DP to BW transition.
I'm gonna need a source on that moron part.

And no, Ash doing one silly face in a poster does not count.

FulgoreX

Banned
Higher League placings are great and all but I'd like to see Ash just decisively WIN something for a change, just /anything/, it would just be refreshing even if it's not a League

As seen by fandom reaction, a loss is still a loss. Nobody seems to care Ash got in second place, it might as well have been Top 4 or Top 8 again and nobody would know the difference, especially given they skipped all of Ash's earlier rounds and only showed us two battles.

Ash was set up to win the Kalos league, especially since he already lost to Alan/Charizard twice before...then he lost 3 times to the same damn guy even after Greninja perfected its new form.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

Well he did win the Battle Frontier and Orange Island, so there's something. A league win is something that we all want, and honestly it's too early to say Ash is never going into a league again and winning it. It's just he is taking a "detour" this gen.

GamerGirlNanami

All the kid wants to do is chill out with his friends in the school yard. Is that too much to ask for?! Yugioh changes themes every 3/4 years and I mean big changes so I don't see why after 20 years Pokemon doing it means anything. When the anime was not changing I saw people saying they want the series to try new things and change and when they do it after 20 years people want the old style. I feel so many people not just in this fandom ask for things and when they get them they want the old style before even trying the new style.

FulgoreX

Banned
All the kid wants to do is chill out with his friends in the school yard. Is that too much to ask for?! Yugioh changes themes every 3/4 years and I mean big changes so I don't see why after 20 years Pokemon doing it means anything. When the anime was not changing I saw people saying they want the series to try new things and change and when they do it after 20 years people want the old style. I feel so many people not just in this fandom ask for things and when they get them they want the old style before even trying the new style.

Reboots are fine as long as the previous series ends properly. Had Ash won the Kalos league and they done an Elite 4 arc (assuming they had more time or the league happened back in June or earlier), then I wouldn't mind too much.

You don't reboot a series when the show didn't even have a proper conclusion.

GamerGirlNanami

Reboots are fine as long as the previous series ends properly. Had Ash won the Kalos league and they done an Elite 4 arc (assuming they had more time or the league happened back in June or earlier), then I wouldn't mind too much.

You don't reboot a series when the show didn't even have a proper conclusion.

And where is the proof this is a freaking reboot... Quit acting like your uncle works at the writing studio

World Turtle

Not winning a sports competition is one thing. People enter competitions all the time and never win.

Not graduating from school however is a completely different kettle of fish. So I'm going to have to support the idea that Ash will graduate.

Status
Not open for further replies.