1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

There's no league and Ash is a goofy moron. This will be like the DP to BW transition.

2. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

So many assumptions going around that the anime is getting rebooted. Ash goes to a school that we don't even know the details about and it's considered a reboot? To me that's just trying something new. And where are people getting the idea that Ash is regressing for sure? Derpy face =/= regression.

3. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

Higher League placings are great and all but I'd like to see Ash just decisively WIN something for a change, just /anything/, it would just be refreshing even if it's not a League

4. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Yep.

THis man speaks the truth.

5. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I'm gonna need a source on that moron part.

And no, Ash doing one silly face in a poster does not count.

6. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

As seen by fandom reaction, a loss is still a loss. Nobody seems to care Ash got in second place, it might as well have been Top 4 or Top 8 again and nobody would know the difference, especially given they skipped all of Ash's earlier rounds and only showed us two battles.

Ash was set up to win the Kalos league, especially since he already lost to Alan/Charizard twice before...then he lost 3 times to the same damn guy even after Greninja perfected its new form.

7. Xenon Blue

Well he did win the Battle Frontier and Orange Island, so there's something. A league win is something that we all want, and honestly it's too early to say Ash is never going into a league again and winning it. It's just he is taking a "detour" this gen.

8. Squirtle_007

Squirtle_007 DP Season SUCKS!

Where is "Uvona" located?

9. GamerGirlNanami

GamerGirlNanami Well-Known Member

All the kid wants to do is chill out with his friends in the school yard. Is that too much to ask for?! Yugioh changes themes every 3/4 years and I mean big changes so I don't see why after 20 years Pokemon doing it means anything. When the anime was not changing I saw people saying they want the series to try new things and change and when they do it after 20 years people want the old style. I feel so many people not just in this fandom ask for things and when they get them they want the old style before even trying the new style.

10. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

Reboots are fine as long as the previous series ends properly. Had Ash won the Kalos league and they done an Elite 4 arc (assuming they had more time or the league happened back in June or earlier), then I wouldn't mind too much.

You don't reboot a series when the show didn't even have a proper conclusion.

11. GamerGirlNanami

And where is the proof this is a freaking reboot... Quit acting like your uncle works at the writing studio

12. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Not winning a sports competition is one thing. People enter competitions all the time and never win.

Not graduating from school however is a completely different kettle of fish. So I'm going to have to support the idea that Ash will graduate.

13. FulgoreX

FulgoreX Banned

Ash graduating isn't something I'm excited to see in 2-3 years or whenever this arc ends.

14. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Seriously, as a person that regularly hates on Ash. I have this to say.

15. GamerGirlNanami

Hopefully only until the trailer airs. We will know what to expect in a few hours. At least I hope so

Was it obvious BW would be well what it was by the preview?

16. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

While i know the chances are slim, if this is to be Ash's final season I'd love it if he caught a minor legendary. Maybe Tapu Koko or another Guardian.

17. Okay, this is nearly impossible but... what if Shota travels with ash? I mean if Ash is going to school, Shota would want to go to learn and also the fact that he is a Ash fanboy.

18. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

As you've said, impossible.

If you're an OC rival in a region, you stay an OC rival for that region.

19. XY Rules

XY Rules Pokemon Master

Agreed here at least. Especially since the Trial Island Challenge still sounds boring as heck...Everything else could still be a lot of fun though.

20. Xenon Blue

I don't see how the trial challenges can be any more boring than gym battles if it's the same thing with some extra spice and challenges. Now granted the challenges could turn into a complete bust, but I'll give it a fair shot. It could turn out amazing, who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.