• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
It's pretty obvious the 'school arc' will not be self-contained but instead be about Satoshi traveling around the islands and the like, speaking of which I love that smile on his face and Pikachu's and the teethTM. I love his Ashimari shoes, I love the clothes, the art style on his face has such a "Studio Ghibli" child feeling to it.

NO GLOVES, I LOVE THIS. Badges, no gloves, Z-moves, Satoshi&Pikachu smiling, colorful paradise, gives off such a different aura.

I completely forgot about Moon girl's absence, yet strangely I don't care that much
There's still a chance she could appear, we never got the XY companions on their first poster after all. reachingforthestars.jpeg

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I'm gonna be very frank: I'm not hyped. At all. Sure, it may be cool that they are doing something different, but not all changes are good, and this kind of change is giving me a lot of red flags right now.

I'm going to give it five episodes. If the anime won't impress me… then, I will just hang my anime googles and drop the show.

It has been a fun ride during these almost twenty years, but my stop seems to be finally approaching.

Remix2

This anime has the potential to be awesome enough as it is. If we got another romance subplot, i will feel like I've died and gone to heaven, especially if the lucky girl somehow turns out to be Glovehead. <3

If they do aother romance plot, I'm going with them doing with ash and Lille.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I wonder where Glovehead and Hau fits in this equation. Probably they will just be classmates, but I do hope they get the most focus, although it will probably end up as Mallow and Lillie getting the most focus.

GamerGirlNanami

I can understand why Hilda wasn't in the anime, but there's no reason to ban Glovehead from it since she doesn't seem like Hilda's age.

To be fair Serena and her looked the same (game wise) but Serena was degaed so the same could have been done for her. I think they wanted to recapture the old days with having two people related to gyms. Granted hilda could have been a rival over Trip.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I can understand why Hilda wasn't in the anime, but there's no reason to ban Glovehead from it since she doesn't seem like Hilda's age.

Yea but with serena they clearly aged her down, so they could have with hilda too. Glovehead is still possible, but not likely.

pokemaster442

いくZ!
I see people complaining about this anime being like BW but I fail to see how the two would be connected considering there are quite alot of differences between the two anime.

However, I think a school idea sounds quite good. I mean this could be an extended summer camp but Satoshi can graduate or pass the trial tests against the island guardians. I do wonder though what rating the show will be. whether they keep the PG rating or go back to U rating. That will change the way the story is played out.

Overall, i'm looking forward to see what this anime will be like.

Soniman

Break the Limit
There's still a chance she could appear, we never got the XY companions on their first poster after all. reachingforthestars.jpeg

Iirc it was just Ash and the Pokemon for XY's first poster but here we have a plethora of characters so I doubt it

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
In the scan there's a picture of Ash on the ship with him facing the trial captain's in it who is the one standing next to Ash?

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like Grant from XY?
Anyway, u guys think that Ash isn't gonna have perm traveling companions this time around ? :/

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If anything, the Sun & Moon anime looks more open to past-season references. He can perfect moves and use his old Pokemon back in the latter arcs.
While I would love that, we don't know how the formula for this series will work sine there's no sign of anything comparable to a league. If anything, I can see it working like the battle frontier where he brings back old Pokémon for certain trials, or at least mentioning Greninja if the whole synchronization thing happens in Sun & Moon

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Lillie looks so much better in anime style and actually seems like she'll do crazy, fun and wacky things.

Remix2

I'm hoping for trailer soon to give me some interest for the anime since the poster is clears of doing it for me.

GamerGirlNanami

If pokemon are brought back I hope it is ones that deserve more screen time and not Charizard or Infernape. Maybe Gible,Totodile and Galie for example

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm gonna be very frank: I'm not hyped. At all. Sure, it may be cool that they are doing something different, but not all changes are good, and this kind of change is giving me a lot of red flags right now.

I'm going to give it five episodes. If the anime won't impress me… then, I will just hang my anime googles and drop the show.

It has been a fun ride during these almost twenty years, but my stop seems to be finally approaching.

What red flags?

And I agree about the art style. I do like its more relaxing feel to it and Lillie looks a lot more lively judging from the poster imo.

Soniman

Break the Limit
We honestly need the trailer to clear things up because I feel like people are gonna be making the wrong assumptions lol

Status
Not open for further replies.