• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix2

Am I the only who the art style for this series is a downgrade?

Because look like a cheap knock off ghibil film.

Last edited:

GamerGirlNanami

Ash traveled through 7 regions ( including Orange Islands), saved the world SEVERAL times, interected with most of the legenderies that exist (the ones revealed so far..), was offered to serve as a battle frontier and almost won the Kalos league.
I cant find ONE good explanation for why he needs to go to school? I'm sorry but it's just aweful in my opinion lol

It is a good concept actually. He never had real guidance as a trainer and up till now can be seen as someone who has been winning by more power but not truly utilizing it. Heck I can see them saying that was why he never really won a league

Navin

MALDREAD
Why mixed? Isn't SM the new DP :p

If there's continuity, Ash going through 'school' and graduating by winning it all, Mallow the permanent sole companion (others can hop on and off), Mallow a Trial Captain who does Pokemon Racing, and Ash not being 'reset' then I'm all for this season.

Jibanyan

Am I the only who the art style for this series is a downgrade?

Looks like the origins style. Some people said it looked like Ghibli or even Hosoda's style(?), I hope they don't except the same quality writing just because the styles look similar :p

TheScentedApple

Lets hope its not a full reset and that Pikachu doesn't lose to a Popplio in the first match. Also looks like Lana will be getting Popplio anyway and Mallow with Bounsweet and Sophocles with Togedamaru

I'm interested to see how this series is like. It doesn't have the same feel XYZ so that'll be an adjustment but with all these characters being shown to us with the first poster, I'm wondering what this anime will be like and how the interactions between these characters are.

And also, I wonder which pokemon/starters Ash will get. It looks like Lana might have Popplio and she might be the one to showcase Popplio. Maybe Ash gets Rowlet and Litten? Also, interesting to see Bewear with TR. I wonder if that'll be a running gag or they actually somehow get a Bewear.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
gg Serena. I'm sure we're due for a salt storm soon enough. Every female trainer companion leaves after her series is done, so I have no clue why many thought she was the exception.

[IMG139]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7a120ccea8d88bd784795e2624e61f41/tumblr_ode5u7OG2l1v8pjpxo1_540.jpg[/IMG139]

- They removed that hair draping from above his ears.
- No more fingernails.
- Rounder and softer face.
- Hair with less of an "edge" to it.
- Eyebrows are more relaxed.
- Very soft "Z" marks.
- Very chill demeanor.

:'^) Alola Form Satoshi a qt <3 It suits Hawaii so much.

I'm still rolling over Satoshi's raison d'etre in Alola, "going to school to graduate like no one ever has" you can't make this sh*t up. I'm rolling over this, I'll take this Boku No Hero Academia-style over an Idol anime style.

thiagomestres

Oak's role was very very little in X/Y though. His cousin might give Ash the urge to contact Oak and transfer some old Pokemon for various lessons. It isn't such a huge stretch.
Nothing in the poster suggest that though. If anything, he might be Oak's replacement in this series and all we might get from the original is a few mentions.
Besides, Oak still appeared at the end of almost every XY episode and, in a show where we don't see important characters for over a decade, Oak isn't exactly a breath of fresh air.

GamerGirlNanami

Lets hope its not a full reset and that Pikachu doesn't lose to a Popplio in the first match. Also looks like Lana will be getting Popplio anyway and Mallow with Bounsweet and Sophocles with Togedamaru

Meh that would be fine as long as she is confirmed to have been a trainer for some time. The Trip lost would have stung less if he was a season trainer with Snivy

gg Serena. I'm sure we're due for a salt storm soon enough. Every female trainer companion leaves after her series is done, so I have no clue why many thought she was the exception.

[IMG139]https://66.media.tumblr.com/7a120ccea8d88bd784795e2624e61f41/tumblr_ode5u7OG2l1v8pjpxo1_540.jpg[/IMG139]

- No more fingernails.
- Very soft "Z" marks.

:'^) Alola Form Satoshi a qt <3

I'm still rolling over Satoshi's raison d'etre in Alola, "going to school to graduate like no one ever has" you can't make this sh*t up. I'm rolling over this, I'll take this Boku No Hero Academia-style over an Idol anime style.

Never thought of MHA. Taking that route could work very well.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
omg omg omg!!!

This looks so awesome :D I've never seen such a cute main character as Ash in this get up!!! Those blue and white stripes look great on him!
Also everyone with their pokemon, it just looks so real now compared to before. Alolan vulpix for Lillie is perfect and I didn't even think of that combo. Of course Ash meets tapu, which I guess is exactly like the game, no surprise there.

Going to school will be really interesting for Ash, we've only seen him do terrible in all school situations :p
Either way, this is great to show some real character skill development imo. Instead of battles and real life challenges, he'll get standard trail challenges which I think will really boost his competency.
Imagine after the cooking trial, Ash may not even need a cooking partner to travel with! I'm just getting carried away but this is sooooo exciting!
Also totally thought Mallow would have an Alolan Eggxegutor not going to lie :p

DatsRight

Seriously the only thing that looks really off with Ash in that poster are how small his eyes are.

So long as he keeps some of his experience and development from XY, I would welcome Ash being goofy again. Hopefully they'll try to make a happy medium this time.

Soniman

Break the Limit

- No more fingernails.
- Very soft "Z" marks.
- Very chill demeanor.

:'^) Alola Form Satoshi a qt <3 It suits Hawaii so much.

Your comparing a screenshot to a poster with exaggerated art and facial expressions, im sure it will be more in line with the design in show.

Also idol anime style? What made you think Pokemon was going in that direction

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Basically, XY was the new AG and DP COMBINED. As a result, SM is the new BW, please understand. ~ The writers of the Sun and Moon anime :p

The only similarity between DP and XY is that Ash was the most competent in those. Otherwise it's completely different.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
So, another few years of a regressed Ash this is basically B/W all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.