• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America X

I mean, Satoshi has never been a badass, edgelord before. I feel XY gave many the wrong impression, he's a happy go lucky and energetic kid who loves Pokemon and he would willingly never put glory above his Pokemon or friends.

He was pretty happy go lucky and energetic in XY.The only time he could be considered an "edgelord" and put glory above friends/pokemon was during the 8th gym battle after losing 5 major battles in a row and it was treated as a bad thing.

Xuxuba

Not experienced enough to take out a high leveled Pikachu who tied with a Latios once. I'm fine with him losing the first trial so long as Pikachu wasn't involved. It's pathetic having him lose to weak Pokemon. Rowlet and whatever he has by then can easily lose, while Pikachu can be saved for a later trial like Sophocles for the usual "Pikachu is better than Raichu" propaganda.

You're labelling him weak just because of his species though. In the anime, even a Meowth can be a strong pokemon, as long as it has a lot of experience. Since we don't know for how long that surskit has been doing battles, i'm fine with Pikachu losing to him. Viola is a older trainer and a gym leader, so she's bound to have a lot of experience.

Also, you have to take this into account:
Why do I have to say that Pikachu was out maneuvered, not overpowered. There have been many times in real life that the smaller army out maneuvered larger more destructive forces and won.

With the right strategy, depending on the situation, a stronger pokemon can lose to a weaker pokemon.
Ash didn't know Viola's Surskit had ice beam and Pikachu didn't know how to walk on ice, so that played a important role on the match.

Last edited:

GamerGirlNanami

If the new studio is different which going by the art swift in the screen shots could be the case does that mean all new writers? Like is bnew studio animation only or writers too? Since idk but all new writers could be both good and bad.

Tootheorist

People are so judgmental over Ash being goofy in the poster. Like it literally just a poster. It might him being funny with the Z-move pose, we all now he is very bad with dancing pose like that. What poster doesn't really equates what happening in the anime. ANd literally how does one assume someone having dork expression = STUPID or in other word for this anime, him being reset? BW didn't really shows him being stupid for hte poster, but then look at the anime, literally got reset.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yes, it would, actually. People would accept a new protagonist being goofy/silly/idiotic because they would be a new beginning trainer.

And for us older fans, we'd finally get closure for Ash after watching for so long and see him win a league, etc. It really makes no sense why they didn't do it either now at the end of XY, or even back at the end of DP.

And thus the cycle continues...

If they wanted to replace him, the best option would've been at the end of Johto. They'll continue using Ash until the anime ends. It's been like this since the beginning. Besides, I'd rather they show his goofy/silly/idiotic personality than a complete battle robot or power hungry guy always saying "もっともっと強く! ! !" It's a nice change of pace and we have yet to know of Ash's competence. It'll most likely be different from BW because of the backlash. I look forward to Ash slowly gaining intelligence and having crazy adventures with him and his friends' shenanigans. And a snarky Rotomdex. :D

FulgoreX

Banned
Also the tagline for this series isn't, "Ash wants to become a Pokemon Master" but "Ash wants to graduate from school."

What the hell is that? Is that not a "jump the shark" sign to anyone else? Its literally the complete opposite of what Ash has been doing for 20 years. Even BW didn't lose sight of Ash's goal.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Look at Ash. That's not XY Ash. He's going to be rebooted.

It doesn't mean that necessarily; Ash changes in each new series.

Captain America X

Also the tagline for this series isn't, "Ash wants to become a Pokemon Master" but "Ash wants to graduate from school."

What the hell is that? Is that not a "jump the shark" sign to anyone else? Its literally the complete opposite of what Ash has been doing for 20 years. Even BW didn't lose sight of Ash's goal.

Sun and Moon has no gyms or a league to compete in the first place.Don't see how he could be a Pokemon Master when there is not much battling goals in the first place.

GamerGirlNanami

It is actually good this is his new goal. A goal which is obtainable and not something we have no clear indication of what it is. Heck we never once saw a master in the anime. We saw Breeders,researches,Showcase people,whatever Cilan was,type only people but never Masters

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Maybe he's aiming for a Pokemon Master's degree XD

FulgoreX

Banned
It is actually good this is his new goal. A goal which is obtainable and not something we have no clear indication of what it is. Heck we never once saw a master in the anime. We saw Breeders,researches,Showcase people,whatever Cilan was,type only people but never Masters

Seeing Ash graduate school isn't exactly some thrilling plotline I ever had a desire to see out of Pokemon.

Navin

MALDREAD
I mean, Satoshi has never been a badass, edgelord before. I feel XY gave many the wrong impression

Did you even watch XY?

DP/XY Ash had the appropriate temperament. That's honestly how should SM Ash should in-line with continuity behave, and give a powerful rival who can push his buttons (Gladion?) and a female lead who can bring out the banter (Mallow?).

I just hope the writers don't realize that energetic = / = stupidity.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I like Ash's new, obtainable goal. We'll see different sides of him that we've never seen before and his newfound knowledge will help him and the town into making an Alola League.

Neo-Megaman

Heres my prediction of the series.

Ash returns home and visits professor oak. But oaks brother or cousin is visiting.
The Oaks brother or cousin is there discussing about the aloha region and ash gets super excited about a new region with new pokemon.
He visits and then finds out the region doesnt have a league.
During his travels 2 people join him on his journey.
Half way on his trip they walk into a poke center and find out a pokemon league is starting.

Why i think this is gonna happen.
From what i have been reading about the game the main guy/girl starts the league or something so how do we know that half way through the anime another game gets released that takes place 2 years down the track.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Should have, would have, could have.

I think it's better to talk about what the SM anime could be given the state we are at rather than dwell on the past and think about what kind of glorious story SM could have been has *Insert Event* happened.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Did you even watch XY?

DP/XY Ash had the appropriate temperament. That's honestly how should SM Ash should in-line with continuity behave, except with a powerful rival who can push his buttons (Gladion?) and a female lead who can bring out the banter (Mallow?).

I just hope the writers don't realize that energetic = / = stupidity.
So far they only ever once really found a middle ground with AG.

shac

SnM gives me orange island vibes. So long as there is a 'boss' trainer to beat in a full pokemon battle at the end, I am happy. Also it feels like something Ash should be able to achieve since he has won Orange islands league.

And also Rowlett for Ash....woot woot

Status
Not open for further replies.