• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Then why couldnt they have had ash beat alain?

The same reasons why Dawn didn't win the grand festival I guess, whatever those are

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Outburstz

Orange island remake no thank you

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
SnM gives me orange island vibes. So long as there is a 'boss' trainer to beat in a full pokemon battle at the end, I am happy. Also it feels like something Ash should be able to achieve since he has won Orange islands league.

And also Rowlett for Ash....woot woot

positioning in pictures is pointless.

The only starter I don't see (or want) Ash to get is Popplio, since there is no way it can top what Greninja's done.

U.N. Owen

Did you even watch XY?

DP/XY Ash had the appropriate temperament. That's honestly how should SM Ash should in-line with continuity behave, and give a powerful rival who can push his buttons (Gladion?) and a female lead who can bring out the banter (Mallow?).

I just hope the writers don't realize that energetic = / = stupidity.

I honestly think AG/XY would work best with a hint of OS wittiness. Frankly, the dialogue in XY TRio confrontations are mostly just recycled dialogue and motto animation. A change in dialogue would do a lot.

Xuxuba

Heres my prediction of the series.

Ash returns home and visits professor oak. But oaks brother or cousin is visiting.
The Oaks brother or cousin is there discussing about the aloha region and ash gets super excited about a new region with new pokemon.
He visits and then finds out the region doesnt have a league.
During his travels 2 people join him on his journey.
Half way on his trip they walk into a poke center and find out a pokemon league is starting.

Why i think this is gonna happen.
From what i have been reading about the game the main guy/girl starts the league or something so how do we know that half way through the anime another game gets released that takes place 2 years down the track.
But why would he join a school if his goal is to create a League?

U.N. Owen

But why would he join a school if his goal is to create a League?

Apparently, you need to have a diploma in order to build a league. That's my guess at least.

FulgoreX

Banned
The only unique thing I like is Ash doesn't have any travel companions this time. It seems like the entire classroom will just be the main cast.

Weren't people saying a bit ago how it would be interesting if Ash had no permanent companions?

BlazingAsh

I'm really excited about seeing funny Ash again. Ash used to be really funny in Kanto. They just made him really boring after that. I'm sure Ash will learn a lot of new battling techniques in school and there are going to be all sorts of different competitions and games. This reminds me of the school arc we had in DP. Wonder if Ash can use Rotom in battles. It'd be nice to finally see him own a ghost type. No regional bird in the poster, yet I hope Ash catches it so that he can have his first steel type.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
60% AG, 30% DP and 10% BW would be my ideal Ash. Fully competent, both inside and outside of battles, when it matters the most (in front of main rivals and the main villain team), capable battler during more casual battles, and a bit naive and over-energetic in regular settings with a dose of stupidity here and there.

U.N. Owen

Personally, I've been hoping for a rotating cast for every episodes a la Star Wars the Clone Wars. We can see everyone's development, do story arcs, and build tension.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Honestly I still found ash overall more funny in OS. I liked Johto Ash especially more than BW ash. BW ash's comedy was mostly just out of him being naive and goofy whereas in OS he actually had more wit and more sarcastic humor.

FulgoreX

Banned
I wonder if Ash won't actually capture any pokemon this saga besides the starters, and whatever other pokemon he gets are rentals that he rotates from the school.

Dwight

Banned
Pokeeman San and Mewn: Teh Reetrin ov Snivee

Is Ash still aiming to becoming a Pokemon Master or did his goal completely change?

Last edited:

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Because as seen by the end of DP and XY, everytime the writers make Ash competent enough to win a league they have him lose, and then reboot him in the next saga. Both DP and XY proved there's almost nowhere else to take Ash's character aside from allowing him to win a league.

Ash's character is for all intents and purposes, done. He was done at the end of DP, and he was done at the end of XY. BW and now Sun/Moon would have worked far better with a new male lead (just use the male lead from the games) the using Ash.

I mean do you really want to see Ash constantly go through a cycle of being rebooted for the next 10 years?
We have seen nothing from Sun and Moon yet.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
We don't even have a clear definition on what a "Pokémon Master" is. If anything, he was already achieving it by catching Pokémon, battling trash trainers, competing in tournaments/Gyms/Battle Frontier/Leagues, aiming to be the strongest, and traveling. I think like Serena, there's more to just winning a League or any of those things to become a Pokémon Master. Ash going to school will benefit him. He hasn't been to school (well aside from a Trainer School once or twice) hence why he's so stupid, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

Cloud5001

Let me clarify something right now, just because it seems he's trying to graduate school does not mean he's giving up on becoming a pokemon master. I doubt the writers want that, it's just that with no gyms or actual league it'll be kinda difficult to keep that going. So Sun and moon I see as basically a little break from that, as people said perhaps Ash will actually benefit from doing this, and again all we've seen is ONE POSTER so shut up and just wait for more information. Until the first episode actually airs we have no idea how this will go. I for one will remain cautiously optimistic about it and just hope it's at least good.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wonder if Ash won't actually capture any pokemon this saga besides the starters, and whatever other pokemon he gets are rentals that he rotates from the school.

Oh, I'm positive he will get a Rockruff. They have to showcase his evolution after all. And if the "special" thing Rockruff and the starters share really is the day/night evolution difference he'll get all the starters too so all them can get showcased and maybe.... for once we can see all final evolutions for the starters on the cast. Since the water starter was the problem for every region until Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.