• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm willing to bet 90% of people making comparisons to Yo-Kai Watch don't even know what Yo-Kai Watch is. I also bet they don't know that Pokemon came way before Yo-Kai Watch and that Yo-Kai Watch is basically Pokemon - you fight, befriend, catch these creatures, they evolve, etc.

If there's anyone being ripped off here it's the Pokemon franchise lol.
I know this shouldn't be something to go by, & I'm trying to stay positive about this series (despite my comments), but the biggest thing that makes me think this is going to be too similar to Yokai Watch is Ash and Pikachu's grin in the poster. I can forgive the pose since they're doing the Z move stance for Gigavolt Strike, but their faces give off the same campy & light-hearted tone that was used in YW. Again, I know this isn't something to go by, but it's still a gut feeling I'm trying to shake off

GamerGirlNanami

I know this shouldn't be something to go by, & I'm trying to stay positive about this series (despite my comments), but the biggest thing that makes me think this is going to be too similar to Yokai Watch is Ash and Pikachu's grin in the poster. I can forget the pose since they're doing the Z move, but their faces give off the same campy & light-hearted tone that was used in YW. Again, I know this isn't something to go by, but it's still a gut feeling I'm trying to shake off

TBH Pokemon has had the vibe before. Most of OS,part of Hoenn and BW. So I mean it is not a new vibe. I am actually happy they are (hopefully) moving away from the action packed shonen style and going back to the more simple/humor style. With that said I hope the good writing stays along with the using game lements since OS felt like it skipped a few game stuff (mostly Kanto Gen 1 stuff)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
TBH Pokemon has had the vibe before. Most of OS,part of Hoenn and BW. So I mean it is not a new vibe. I am actually happy they are (hopefully) moving away from the action packed shonen style and going back to the more simple/humor style. With that said I hope the good writing stays along with the using game lements since OS felt like it skipped a few game stuff (mostly Kanto Gen 1 stuff)
That's fair, though to be honest I personally hope that the Sun & Moon anime feels more like the Orange Islands, Johto, & AG more than anything else. To me, those seasons had a happy medium between the light-hearted tone & the shonen style & worked the best out of any of the series as of now

GamerGirlNanami

That's fair, though to be honest I personally hope that the Sun & Moon anime feels more like the Orange Islands, Johto, & AG more than anything else. To me, those seasons had a happy medium between the light-hearted tone & the shonen style & worked the best out of any of the series as of now

I'd be ok with Ash being a dick but more so to the fat electric kid. I see a more older brother vibe to the water girl who I pretty much Uiharu,younger bro side to shirtless fire guy and a friendly vibe to Mallow.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsT0DyoVUAIs5qM.jpg[/img139]

So here's a detail that got lost in the initial scan.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsT0DyoVUAIs5qM.jpg[/img139]

So here's a detail that got lost in the initial scan.
Based on Team Rocket's track record, I can easily see them catching Mikikyu since they mistake it for Pikachu. I just feel so bad for the poor thing though since it only wants to be loved and now, with it more than likely being on Team Rocket, it's going to be hated & despised by the protagonists just like the rest of them :(

GamerGirlNanami

Since Alola is going to be like Johto,Hoenn & Sinnoh (due to being based in the USA like unova) I wonder if Unova joys & Jenny will appear like the first Joy & Jenny of the Japan based regions. Which is weird we have no evos of Unova pokemon at least not yet.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Again, none of that changes the fact that he isn't gonna be learning how to throw a poke ball or what a move is or what a potion is so people need to chill and stop acting like Ash is forgetting the basics.
Oh yeah, I'm not denying that. I agree with you, I doubt Ash will get massive reset where he just forgets everything he learned in the past series. I was just saying that I doubt the school would teach much about certain things.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Based on Team Rocket's track record, I can easily see them catching Mikikyu since they mistake it for Pikachu. I just feel so bad for the poor thing though since it only wants to be loved and now, with it more than likely being on Team Rocket, it's going to be hated & despised by the protagonists just like the rest of them :(

I think it'll turn into a gag where the unlucky Mimikyu is minding its own business, Team Rocket mistaken it for Satoshi's Pikachu, try to catch it, but fail every time. Poor thing is either oblivious or actively trying to get away from them.

Or TR is just scared of it.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I think it'll turn into a gag where the unlucky Mimikyu is minding its own business, Team Rocket mistaken it for Satoshi's Pikachu, try to catch it, but fail every time. Poor thing is either oblivious or actively trying to get away from them.

Or TR is just scared of it.

Lol I can see that happening. Not sure if it would be a running gag, but certainly it would happen once or twice. Or maybe TR catches Mimikyu thinking it's Pikachu, but instead of releasing it they keep it due to Mimikyu enjoying TR's company, hence why Mimikyu is following TR while TR is creeped out.

GamerGirlNanami

Lol I can see that happening. Not sure if it would be a running gag, but certainly it would happen once or twice. Or maybe TR catches Mimikyu thinking it's Pikachu, but instead of releasing it they keep it due to Mimikyu enjoying TR's company, hence why Mimikyu is following TR while TR is creeped out.

Idk seems TR is more afraid that a huge bear is taking them to the moon XD

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I'm hyped! I absolutely LOVE slice of life/school anime, so if this is even 1% of that, I will love it x10!! I always thought Ash should have gone to school, I guess this confirms he never did, this makes so much sense now lol.

I love the artwork too, it looks more like another anime, I read some people saying it looks like Studio Ghibli which is a compliment. It looks like it's filled with personality, I love Ash's Alola Form and Pikachu doing the Z pose is cute too.

Janovy

Banned
I just had a terrifying thought.

What if the big announcement after yesterday’s one hour TF climax is the Japanese reveal of Pokemon Generations, not the SM anime teaser?

DatsRight

Today's special announcement.........

...Will not be shown so that we may present you with our special presentation, 'Jigglypuff in: 'Singing the Pinks'

[img300]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/c/ca/April_fools!.gif/revision/latest?cb=20110503132625[/img300]

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
If so, I'd like James to keep it. He'll treat it with love and care.

I just had a terrifying thought.

What if the big announcement after yesterday’s one hour TF climax is the Japanese reveal of Pokemon Generations, not the SM anime teaser?
It better not...

I don't see the reason especially when it's already going to air the next day. I'll keep hope that it's S&M footage. Or another Mega Evolution Act. xD

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I just edited:

Ash - Pikachu, Rowlet, Pikipek (Rotom isn't Ash's Pokemon, but it is his dex partner)
Lillie - Alolan Vulpix
Mallow - Bounsweet
Lana - Popplio
Sophocles - Togedemaru
Kiawe - Litten? (No sign of Alolan Marowak. And I think Charizard is a rental Pokémon)
Professor Kukui - Rockruff?
Team Rocket - Wobbuffet, Bewear?, Mimikyu?
Rental Pokemon (PokeRide) - Charizard, Tauros, Lapras, Sharpedo

Status
Not open for further replies.