• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The good thing about having some sort of home base or "school" is that creating filler episodes is very easy and will usually be more interesting than the regular filler episodes. I just hope it doesn't become a filler-party, where 90% of the episodes become filler. I also want Team Skull and Gladion to appear early and make their presence felt as a threat, especially to Ash.

I'm sure they'll incorporate Team Skull in some way just like they will with the Island Trials and Trial Captains so there shouldn't be any shortage of action and conflict. The only mystery is how are the writers gonna balance it all without one taking the most attention over the other. I'd like for Ash to hear word of Team Skull in the area by one of the adult like Tapu Koko and them appearing with hints of their plans. Kinda like they did with Team Flare. Gladion seems like those wannabe punks who want to seem intimidated. It'll be so cool when they introduce him! :D And we thought Alan would beat him up... literally lol.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Ash is going to school and the island trial leaders all look about Ash's age and going to school with him. I mean who do you think is going to be in his classes? Random COTD's?

They'll likely used the island trial leaders.

You don't have any proof whatsoever they'll even be in a classroom, or that they are his classmates.

Ash goes to school!?
A school life like none other is going to start! Ash will aim for graduation!?

Seems weird they say a school life like none other is going to start yet you assume that it's going to be like our world's schools.

satopi

Ash is going to school and the island trial leaders all look about Ash's age and going to school with him. I mean who do you think is going to be in his classes? Random COTD's?

They look older than Ash by a bit. They could also be training to be Island Captains if they're aren't Island Trial Captains yet and want to specialize in their special type. There also might not even have an age requirement for the "classes".

FulgoreX

Banned
They look older than Ash by a bit. They could also be training to be Island Captains if they're aren't Island Trial Captains yet and want to specialize in their special type. There also might not even have an age requirement for the "classes".

Mallow has clearly been de-aged from the games to be the same age as Ash, same thing they did with Serena. Lana, the fat electric kid, and Lillie all look Ash's age as well. The only guy who looks a bit older is the dark skinned fire trainer, but he looks about Brock/Cilan's ages.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I'm sure this is Delia's idea because I can't see Ash randomly going up to his mum saying "I want to start school". I'd love it if after school Ash goes home and Delia appears more.

It seems like the Japanese trailers for Pokemon Sun and Moon, where the boy and his mum decide to move from Japan to Hawaii and start school, just like Ash. I think it's going to be like an actual school, so Ash's class will be both his friends and rivals and the Trail Captains are the teachers of each island. We can also get episodes with Ash exploring after school too.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Mallow has clearly been de-aged from the games to be the same age as Ash, same thing they did with Serena. Lana, the fat electric kid, and Lillie all look Ash's age as well. The only guy who looks a bit older is the dark skinned fire trainer, but he looks about Brock/Cilan's ages.

They should actually re-age Ash, to maybe a develoment instead of a downgrade. He looks more childish than first generation. Maybe they shpuld make them all 13-16 years old. Maybe Ash would also start having feelings and stuff.

satopi

We haven't even seen their whole bodies nor ages. Not tom mention Ash is in the middle. I'm pretty sure Mallow, Lana, and maybe Lillie will be older and/or taller than him by a little bit. Ash doesn't always have to be the oldest nor tallest. We don't even have defined ages for them. And the games nor anime hasn't came out yet.

FulgoreX

Banned
We haven't even seen their whole bodies nor ages. Not tom mention Ash is in the middle. I'm pretty sure Mallow, Lana, and maybe Lillie will be older and taller than him by a little bit. Ash doesn't always have to be the oldest nor tallest. We don't even have defined ages for them. And the games nor anime hasn't came out yet.

They usually make Ash's companions and rivals the same age as Ash, only with one older character like Brock, Cilan, etc.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

There's nothing indicating that the trial captains will be classmates. It's all just prediction and speculation, nothing remotely confirms they will be classmates.

I'm sure they'll incorporate Team Skull in some way just like they will with the Island Trials and Trial Captains so there shouldn't be any shortage of action and conflict. The only mystery is how are the writers gonna balance it all without one taking the most attention over the other. I'd like for Ash to hear word of Team Skull in the area by one of the adult like Tapu Koko and them appearing with hints of their plans. Kinda like they did with Team Flare. Gladion seems like those wannabe punks who want to seem intimidated. It'll be so cool when they introduce him! :D And we thought Alan would beat him up... literally lol.

I want Gladion to be the one to introduce Ash to Team Skull, but not explicitly saying any of their bad intentions. He might try to pull a Lysandre-Alain situation and attempt to persuade Ash into joining him. It would be an interesting dynamic if Ash does fall for his trick just like how he always fall for Team Rocket and start supporting Team Skull unintentionally, which would be great character development. It might feel like a copy of Alain joining Team Flare, but the writers can easily make some adjustments to make it unique.

Last edited:

satopi

They usually make Ash's companions and rivals the same age as Ash, only with one older character like Brock, Cilan, etc.

Well it's not required and S&M doesn't seem to be like the other sagas. And if we're going by rivals, I'm sure Alan, Virgil, Morrison, Barry, Nando, Takuto, and Bianca aren't the same age as Ash.

thor94

The real irony here is that everyone is screaming about his apparent incompetence from the poster when the poster has him performing a Z move both on it and in a screenshot. You know, the advertised strongest moves in existence.
by his goofy face, look he is not good and probably fail miserably to perform Z-move for a long time (after all, ash is really bad at dancing, and writers seem always to remember ash flaws, even the one never seen in a decade).

and about trial captains, it is obvious they look really younger than their game selves.
this generation will be likely Slice of life anime (slice of life => SoL, it is not a random coincidence) where travel involve the entire class.

FulgoreX

Banned
by his goofy face, look he is not good and probably fail miserably to perform Z-move for a long time (after all, ash is really bad at dancing, and writers seem always to remember ash flaws, even the one never seen in a decade).

and about trial captains, it is obvious they look really younger than their game selves.
this generation will be likely Slice of life anime (slice of life => SoL, it is not a random coincidence) where travel involve the entire class.

This is exactly what I think too. Its obvious this saga is doing something different. Everything we know about the anime is done for

FulgoreX

Banned
are you just upset that Serena isn't going to be around again?

I think the anime will be just as good as it was before

I'm more concerned over Ash's goofy face and another possible BW reset, as well as throwing away everything he's worked toward for the last 20 years.

Especially after the XY series made it look like Ash was finally going to win the league.

satopi

I want Gladion to be the one to introduce Ash to Team Skull, but not explicitly saying any of their bad intentions. He might try to pull a Lysandre-Alain situation and attempt to persuade Ash into joining him. It would be an interesting dynamic if Ash does fall for his trick just like how he always fall for Team Rocket and start supporting Team Skull unintentionally, which would be great character development. It might feel like a copy of Alain joining Team Flare, but the writers can easily make some adjustments to make it unique.
I would like that too and I can see that happening. Not sure about Ash unintentionally helping (since that'll be the exact same route they took with Alan) but it can happen especially if Gladio says that it's for "peaceful purposes". I'd like for them to have a bad start and Ash openly insulting him and getting back at each other. Ash doesn't seem the type to get caught up in the wrong crowd and Gladio wouldn't want to be seen with a wimp like him.

This is exactly what I think too. Its obvious this saga is doing something different. Everything we know about the anime is done for
It won't stray away too far and all we have is a poster. You might want to skip a few episodes to save your sanity.
Enter new obstacle: The preview

FulgoreX

Banned
It won't stray away too far and all we have is a poster. You might want to skip a few episodes to save your sanity.
Enter new obstacle: The preview

Its still the main saga for at least the next 3 years. I mean if this was just for a short filler arc it'd be understandable, but this is the next main full generation and anime saga.

If people don't like this set-up, the anime is screwed for 3 years. And by then who knows or cares what will happen? The anime will be 23 years old by the time Sun/Moon ends.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Its still the main saga for at least the next 3 years. I mean if this was just for a short filler arc it'd be understandable, but this is the next main full generation and anime saga.

If people don't like this set-up, the anime is screwed for 3 years. And by then who knows or cares what will happen? The anime will be 23 years old by the time Sun/Moon ends.

And what suggests that the majority will not like this setup when the anime starts? The goofy face Ash makes? The fact that he is "graduating" when we don't even know how this school thing is even going to be implemented? There will always be people that hate how the anime went, but that can't be applied to everyone. I am pretty interested on what this series can deliver, and I do think there is hidden potential in this.

I would like that too and I can see that happening. Not sure about Ash unintentionally helping (since that'll be the exact same route they took with Alan) but it can happen especially if Gladio says that it's for "peaceful purposes". I'd like for them to have a bad start and Ash openly insulting him and getting back at each other. Ash doesn't seem the type to get caught up in the wrong crowd and Gladio wouldn't want to be seen with a wimp like him.

Yea I could see this happening as well. At first Ash and Gladion comes together on bad terms, hating each other for not only interfering with each other, but despising each other as well. I do want Gladion to be a huge threat, and Ash to actually go toe-to-toe with him and not get smacked around by him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.