• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugotmybeef

I was okay with him going to school but I can't support the new art style. It looks like they're cutting the budget.

Lisia

Omg it's such a downgrade from the XYZ animation. Everything looks fine except Ash. ... He looks like completely a new person. That turtle is huge... everything looks huge. Queen Lillie saved that trailer tbh.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Im actually surprised Skull is appearing so soon, havent had villains appear right out of the gate since AG with Magma

Looks like SM is the new AG

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I really don't see how it looks like Yokai Watch. When I first watched Yokai Watch a year ago, it looked exactly like Pokémon. So... Pokémon looks a mix of Yokai Watch which also looks like Pokémon, and Studio Ghibli?

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Aww yeah. The way Lillie looks at Ash...I can sense a ship a mile away. So hyped!!!
I'm just not a big fan of Ash getting smaller eyes

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
THISTHISTHIS. I left for one hour and this is still going on. Same animation quality as XY, different style.

I wouldn't say the same quality, it is evident that the quality did take a slight dip, which is not a bad thing considering XY outdid itself in terms of animation. Then again, it is just a 30 second trailer, so I won't judge the animation completely until I see at least an episode

Lunala

Banned
Yeah Ash has really been getting too much plastic surgery on his face over the years, and that usually doesn't end well. Seems we've gotten to that point.

Dark Cacturne

The Road To Victory!
Okay, just putting my two cents in. I for one am very excited about the upcoming Sun & Moon series.
XYZ sometimes felt just a bit too serious, and that's not really what Pokémon is supposed to be. It's meant to be a light hearted family-friendly children's animation show. Their target audience are KIDS. I cannot recall how many times I've read: "Oh, the writers are not listening to us?!"(Kalos League), "Why are the writers always trolling us older fans?!"(Amourshipping). Well, I'm sorry to say but...I'm afraid they don't really care, and why should they? We are not their target audience, so we can't and shouldn't blame them.

You see, Pokémon XY and XYZ were a RATINGS DISASTER!
It's not even funny how badly it bombed. Even the Kalos League episodes, which in my opinion were some of the best ones I've seen (animation wise, battle wise) only averaged 2.4 - 2.3 in terms of ratings. That's not good. And overall XY and XYZ averaged between 5.0 and 2.5.

Not sure why so many people assumed ratings had gone up? Maybe because the episodes get lots of views on YT, but those views don't really matter. Yes, XY and Z have been popular overseas (in the West), but in Japan, it flopped unfortunately. I'm honestly sad that it didn't do better. Because it deserved high ratings, coming from a 24 year old who has apparently nothing better to do than look at numbers xD. But they are important nonetheless, because low ratings could mean possible cancellation. Nobody wants that, right?

Something has to change of course, they are losing their target audience's interest. And I THINK they might be on to something. Changing Ash's design for example making it more cute by changing his spiky hairstyle to something more fluffy (hmm it that the right word?). It will APPEAL to KIDS. As it should! For the sake of continuing this series, changes will have to be made.

Hopefully everything will turn out to be fine, and everybody worried for nothing.

That'll be all, be nice and enjoy the show! *leaving awkwardly*

-DC-

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah Ash has really been getting too much plastic surgery on his face over the years, and that usually doesn't end well. Seems we've gotten to that point.

All he did was get smaller eyes, prominent Z marks, and a rounder face shape. His hair is less defined but that isn't an issue to me anymore. I'll complain more about the lack of fingernails drawn.

GamerGirlNanami

Okay, just putting my two cents in. I for one am very excited about the upcoming Sun & Moon series.
XYZ sometimes felt just a bit too serious, and that's not really what Pokémon is supposed to be. It's meant to be a light hearted family-friendly children's animation show. Their target audience are KIDS. I cannot recall how many times I've read: "Oh, the writers are not listening to us?!"(Kalos League), "Why are the writers always trolling us older fans?!"(Amourshipping). Well, I'm sorry to say but...I'm afraid they don't really care, and why should they? We are not their target audience, so we can't and shouldn't blame them.

You see, Pokémon XY and XYZ were a RATINGS DISASTER!
It's not even funny how badly it bombed. Even the Kalos League episodes, which in my opinion were some of the best ones I've seen (animation wise, battle wise) only averaged 2.4 - 2.3 in terms of ratings. That's not good. And overall XY and XYZ averaged between 5.0 and 2.5.

Not sure why so many people assumed ratings had gone up? Maybe because the episodes get lots of views on YT, but those views don't really matter. Yes, XY and Z have been popular overseas (in the West), but in Japan, it flopped unfortunately. I'm honestly sad that it didn't do better. Because it deserved high ratings, coming from a 24 year old who has apparently nothing better to do than look at numbers xD. But they are important nonetheless, because low ratings could mean possible cancellation. Nobody wants that right?

Something has to change of course, they are losing there target audience's interest. And I THINK they might be on to something. Changing Ash's design for example making it more cute by changing his spiky hairstyle to something more fluffy (hmm it that the right word?). It will APPEAL to KIDS. As it should! For the sake of continuing this series, changes will have to be made.

Hopefully everything will turn out to be fine, and everybody worried for nothing.

That'll be all, be nice and enjoy the show! *leaving awkwardly*

-DC-
DP was like XY to a point but DP had the charm of Pokemon. XY seemed to have lost it. Or at least it was buried and hard to find. Unlike Digimon or even Yugioh Pokemon while having battles was never an actin/shonen series

I'm 26 and play stuff like GTA,AC watch teen shows like Lab Rats and Girl Meets World while liking kid stuff like Pokemon and Yokai. Maybe I am just more open to whatever and accepting anything.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Am I the only one who thinks that the scene where Ash going into the classroom and intreducing him self, looks similiar to the first trailer we got for the SM games with the Japanese kid ?

GamerGirlNanami

Am I the only one who thinks that the scene where Ash going into the classroom and intreducing him self, looks similiar to the first trailer we got for the SM games with the Japanese kid ?

I think that is what they are trying to copy which is rather interesting. maybe S&M will be BW down right.

YASSSSSS I love the new animination it reminds me of BW and that was honestly one of the best series. XY was a piece of crap in my opinion.

Expect me to post more now that the anime is RESTORED!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Lol the art style looks horrible IMO. After XYZ I expected at least BW level
Now we have something like a mix of AG and DP.

Team Skull appearing early is good I guess. Hopefully they'll handle them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.