• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Thank you. If this thread reflects on what the forum will become once SM starts, then it will become even more toxic than already is.

I'm just so tired of all this trolling and rudeness, it's even affecting my personality to the point that i'm becoming more rude each time i read a page from here. Honestly i don't think this is healthy for anyone.

I'm having a debate and enjoying this. How is this affecting my health? *cough**cough*
...I am dying...

FulgoreX

Banned
I found Ash vs Roxanne battle better than any contest battle. Just because style is same, it doesn't mean system/principle is same. It doesn't mean that May's first contest is better than Ash vs Mandy battle in Kanto because it's old and different style. It's subjective. I found Ash vs Mandy better than May's first contest.

That's bizarre then, because there's literally no difference between the Beautifly Vs. Medicham fight than any 1 on 1 Gym battle Ash had. And I brought up Roxanne to compare a battle from the same season. All Pikachu did was somehow faint Geodude with an electric attack and use Iron Tail against Nosepass. Beautifly used its Silver Wind to immobilize Medicham's arms preventing its psychic attacks and then pummeled it.

Xuxuba

I'm having a debate and enjoying this. How is this affecting my health? *cough**cough*
...I am dying...

I was referring to mental health.

You can think and discuss whatever you want, but if you think trolling, bullying, being rude to other people is healthy then you're bound to turn this forum into a piece of trash.

The animation after the Kanto arc took a nosedive for the rest of the OS. You could tell because they were churning out more episodes frequently so that unique style of Kanto faded away as it progressed. Look at the Ponyta episode from Kanto and see how stylized that ep was, nothing from Johto looks like that.

LOL, wtf? Misty didn't even get Corsola until 70% of Johto was already over. I think there were only about 50 eps of Johto left by the time she got it, and even then most of the last half of Johto focused on Ash.

No Johto animation was fine. Sure writing of episodes was different but animation was fine!

And before Corsola Misty had Poliwhirl who wrecked ****. That guy did so much for Misty's team. Then Corsola came along and her team got even better. The experience and growth Misty got in Johto is irreplaceable.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
They should both be costars lol

Well we're already speculating that Mallow and Lillie are going to be the ones that are closest to Ash. I love the changing main character idea in every few episodes. It would be even coolor if they had to share a house lol!

Janovy

Banned
Well we're already speculating that Mallow and Lillie are going to be the ones that are closest to Ash. I love the changing main character idea in every few episodes. It would be even coolor if they had to share a house lol!
That reminds me.

If Ash is genuinely going to attend school, where will he be staying lol? In a Pokecenter? Outside? In a dorm?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Lol I guess they'll probably have dorms or something like that.

For some reason this kinda reminds me of the summer camp arc from DP

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
After rewatching the trailer I just noticed that when Skull appears there's one Grunt who doesn't look like the other usual ones. What's up with that?

FulgoreX

Banned
No Johto animation was fine. Sure writing of episodes was different but animation was fine!

Outside a select few episodes, I think Johto had the worst looking animation. The show somehow looked worse than it did in Kanto. Compared Brock's Pewter Gym episode to any of the Johto Gyms, it looks so much better because of the 90's style of shading. Onix crunching Pikachu looked amazing.

And before Corsola Misty had Poliwhirl who wrecked ****. That guy did so much for Misty's team. Then Corsola came along and her team got even better. The experience and growth Misty got in Johto is irreplaceable.

I only remember Poliwhirl battling in that Seaking episode, and TR interrupted the fight if I remember correctly so Misty didn't even finish. What other fights did Poliwhirl have besides some in the Whirl Cup? I don't remember too well.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
That reminds me.

If Ash is genuinely going to attend school, where will he be staying lol? In a Pokecenter? Outside? In a dorm?
I always figured that he'll live with Tapu Koko. Or his mom relocated to Alola with him. Or he sleeps outside with a sleeping bag in the forest until someone offered their place for him. I'd love to see that happen. xD

Lol I guess they'll probably have dorms or something like that.

For some reason this kinda reminds me of the summer camp arc from DP

Yeah maybe. I mean it's been so long since Ash lived in an actual place outside of a Pokémon Center. I'm pretty sure he isn't sleeping outside on a regular basis in this saga.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
That's bizarre then, because there's literally no difference between the Beautifly Vs. Medicham fight than any 1 on 1 Gym battle Ash had. And I brought up Roxanne to compare a battle from the same season. All Pikachu did was somehow faint Geodude with an electric attack and use Iron Tail against Nosepass. Beautifly used its Silver Wind to immobilize Medicham's arms preventing its psychic attacks and then pummeled it.

There is. It's Ash vs gym leader who are way more experienced than May and Grace. They put up much better show/fight than May and Grace did. Pikachu vs Nosepass was more aggressive and nerve-racking unlike Medicham vs Beautifly, since it's gym battle, which is more important than contests.

Jibanyan

Number of XY webms on sakugabooru:49
Number of XYZ webms con sakugabooru:78
49+78=127

Number of Johto webms: 0

:^)

FulgoreX

Banned
There is. It's Ash vs gym leader who are way more experienced than May and Grace. They put up much better show/fight than May and Grace did. Pikachu vs Nosepass was more aggressive and nerve-racking unlike Medicham vs Beautifly, since it's gym battle, which is more important than contests.

Trainer experience makes no difference during the writing for an actual fight. The writers write almost all the battles in the show during a particular season the exact same way. Most of May's battle style was nearly identical to Ash's, (and this is a plot point brought up in later AG which is why May wanted to stop traveling with him), and the coordinators were always shown to be just as competent as regular trainers.

I think its just cause you identify with Ash more than the female characters, you're more engrossed with his fights. I understand that too, whenever Ash is in a big league match I get incredibly excited. But leaving personal opinion of characters aside, many of the fights are not any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.