• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I was referring to mental health.

You can think and discuss whatever you want, but if you think trolling, bullying, being rude to other people is healthy then you're bound to turn this forum into a piece of trash.

My mental health is fine. lel. I am big troller,bully on Youtube, but not here, since it's way different than Youtube comment system.
Also, I absorbed all this trolling/bullying/being rude from Filthy Frank, Idubbbz, Leafy. I am like Saitama, invincible when it comes to this.So, no worries for my mental health, tho.

noakai

Random thought, but there's been a lot of speculation that the SM games end with you helping to set up a league, so maybe the reason we see the trial captains in school is that there isn't really a trial captain system yet and they're getting one set up and that's when Ash arrives in the region. So he ends up going to school with the future trial captains.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Mallow chan needs more screentime. Don't let Queen Lillie steal your thunder!
Queen Lillie and her Dutchess Mallow. Oh...and Lady Lana >_>
Yeah not really psyched for the water Trial Captain and judging on people not mentioning her I guess others aren't either

GamerGirlNanami

I' guessing the possible Lillie being a UB is not in the anime due to her happy face. Unless and this could work. After 50 or so episodes we get a summer arc where they graduated and are doing stuff. Maybe in several months they meet up. (Like how months used to pass before a league) once they meet Lillie looks more like the game since she found out the truth. Just a possible thing that could be interesting

CMButch

Trainer experience makes no difference during the writing for an actual fight. The writers write almost all the battles in the show during a particular season the exact same way. Most of May's battle style was nearly identical to Ash's, (and this is a plot point brought up in later AG which is why May wanted to stop traveling with him), and the coordinators were always shown to be just as competent as regular trainers.

I think its just cause you identify with Ash more than the female characters, you're more engrossed with his fights. I understand that too, whenever Ash is in a big league match I get incredibly excited. But leaving personal opinion of characters aside, many of the fights are not any different.

Like I stated: Ash drew inspiration from DP's contests moves and turned them into battle moves which helped him in his battles, which makes contest trainers at same level as trainers.
But yeah I dislike contest due the opinion that contests are kinda "feminine" to me with all fashion and "beauty/appeal" in it.
I like also performances more ,because I labeled them as "cute" since only girls are attending, this seems weird opinion, but I can't help it.
So IMO, Serena's performances>>Dawn/May's contests.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
I' guessing the possible Lillie being a UB is not in the anime due to her happy face. Unless and this could work. After 50 or so episodes we get a summer arc where they graduated and are doing stuff. Maybe in several months they meet up. (Like how months used to pass before a league) once they meet Lillie looks more like the game since she found out the truth. Just a possible thing that could be interesting
Yeah the anime is sort of debunking her being an Ultra Beast. She owns a Vulpix (Mewtwo is the only Pokémon to have owned some), she seems normal in the trailer and not all mysterious, and how is she going to keep her identity a secret throughout the entire anime?

Xuxuba

My mental health is fine. lel. I am big troller,bully on Youtube, but not here, since it's way different than Youtube comment system.
Also, I absorbed all this trolling/bullying/being rude from Filthy Frank, Idubbbz, Leafy. I am like Saitama, invincible when it comes to this.So, no worries for my mental health, tho.

Thank you, you are an perfect example of why we have a problem.

Vidar89

Still sceptical about S&M but I will give it a Chance and watch the first 5 Episodes. Should be enough to see the overall Direction of the Anime, his Personality and overall Competence, and nope, being silly all the Time and making silly Faces doesn't mean having Personality.

But let's be Honest. The Trailer is Awful, its doing a very bad Job in getting People excited about the new Anime and also has a few Seconds of showing really bad Animations, which a Trailer should never do. Everyone asked about the Trailer was like "Nope,nope nope. Pokemon is getting awful again."

FulgoreX

Banned
Like I stated: Ash drew inspiration from DP's contests moves and turned them into battle moves which helped him in his battles, which makes contest trainers at same level as trainers.
But yeah I dislike contest due the opinion that contests are kinda "feminine" to me with all fashion and "beauty/appeal" in it.
I like also performances more ,because I labeled them as "cute" since only girls are attending, this seems weird opinion, but I can't help it.
So IMO, Serena's performances>>Dawn/May's contests.

So you dislike Contests for being feminine but are fine with Serena's performances being even more girly and feminine and lacking any type of battles? Wuh?

The Contests never seemed overly girly to me. They had battles, tons of appeals of different kinds, male coordinators, etc.

Janovy

Banned
Yeah the anime is sort of debunking her being an Ultra Beast. She owns a Vulpix (Mewtwo is the only Pokémon to have owned some), she seems normal in the trailer and not all mysterious, and how is she going to keep her identity a secret throughout the entire anime?
Hey, we still have no idea whether Lillie being UB-01 is actually true. She definitely has some sort of connection to it, but we don't know if she actually is it.

I do wonder what the anime will do with Lillie.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hey, we still have no idea whether Lillie being UB-01 is actually true. She definitely has some sort of connection to it, but we don't know if she actually is it.

I do wonder what the anime will do with Lillie.

Me too. Hm maybe Team Skull is after her

Genaller

Silver Soul
Pretending the series you dislike exists in an alternate universe or is not canon is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Primarily because it is canon.

Here's the issue. BW at the beginning stated Ash to be 10. The novelization of the anime by Takeshi Shudo (initial head writer therefore the novels are cannon) stated that Ash was 10 years 10 months and 10 days at the start of the first season. In IL 009 Ash states he has been on his journey for 2 months. FYI this means by that point using canonical evidence Ash was definitively NOT 10. Thus, we have a paradox of Ash being 10 and not being 10 at the same time in cannon. A way to avoid the paradox is to assert that either the novel information applies to an alternate verse or the version of the BW series we watched occurred in an alternate verse. It's down to personal preference here, but I choose to accept the Novel information as more canonical than the version of BW we saw. This doesn't mean BW didn't happen, but that in the cannon timeline a different version occurred that is consistent with Ash's age, skill, and maturity progression from OS->AG->DP->XY. I recommend looking up satoshipediaeng for a better understanding on why BW shouldn't be considered canonical to the main series, as well as other interesting information on Ash. My fear is that the SM anime may create a similar paradox and thus will need to be excluded from the cannon timeline inorder to avoid the paradox. If you can live with logic paradoxes, then good for you.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Queen Lillie and her Dutchess Mallow. Oh...and Lady Lana >_>
Yeah not really psyched for the water Trial Captain and judging on people not mentioning her I guess others aren't either

I like Lana. It's really sweet of her to care so much about her younger sisters. She'll probably be the quiet and mature one of the whole class. Since she's the one that's taking care of her sisters at home and having to go to school as well. I look forward to her, we just don't have much information about her compared to Lillie and Mallow.

Franckie

I watched the trailer and found myself asking, "WTF is this crap?!" I don't expect anything out of Pokemon, but the animation just sucks, lol.

CMButch

So you dislike Contests for being feminine but are fine with Serena's performances being even more girly and feminine and lacking any type of battles? Wuh?

The Contests never seemed overly girly to me. They had battles, tons of appeals of different kinds, male coordinators, etc.

Yeah, since I found Serena, Aria, Miette being kinda "cuter" in comparison to previous girls, so that's why I found performances better.
And because I like Serena more than Dawn and May.Oh and I disliked when May and Dawn were "butt-ins" in AG/DP with more spotlight than any other girls. I prefer Ash going solo.

Vidar89

Wow, that just makes it look even worse.

His design goes from " Confident and looks like he knows his ****" to " Doesn't know anything" in this Screen.

My hope is, that Ash still retains his XY Competence and a good Chunk of his matured Personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.