• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeStack

TBH, it's sad to see that certain people who want Ash to get replaced because it's been 20 years, they watch One Piece and like Luffy.

The difference is One Piece's plot is always moving forward, while Ash is bound to a series of similar video games where he hits a wall at the end of every series and occasionally has to regress in places purely to suit the beginning of a new game. Had Ash completed his journey to Pokémon League champion a few years back and moved on to new things, people wouldn't be asking for him to be replaced.

Personally I don't really care about Ash's story being so cyclic, but he is most definitely in a completely different class to the likes of other long-running characters like Luffy or Naruto.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The difference is One Piece's plot is always moving forward, while Ash is bound to a series of similar video games where he hits a wall at the end of every series and occasionally has to regress in places purely to suit the beginning of a new game. Had Ash completed his journey to Pokémon League champion a few years back and moved on to new things, people wouldn't be asking for him to be replaced.

Personally I don't really care about Ash's story being so cyclic, but he is most definitely in a completely different class to the likes of other long-running characters like Luffy or Naruto.

The thing is even if Ash won every league, they would say: Replace Ash, plot is boring. Even though, OP's plot is moving, doesn't change the fact that it can be boring to the OP fans, just how Ash is boring to them. What's difference in looking at Luffy's face for 20 years and looking at Ash' face for 20 years?Nothing. Those are same characters, just in different editions. Goku also, didn't change for 20+ years since DBZ. No one is complaining.It's not about plot that I am talking about, It's about seeing character's faces/personas for so long.

Hmm...just saw that the channel posted DoriDori. Prepare yourselves everyone! Lillie will get her own theme LOL

My brother said that the anime is now the definition of stupidity because of Ash's new look, and he said that it's a shame they've decided to not retire him again
Meanwhile I remain quiet and continue to watch my brother hypocritically watch DBS and don't hear him complain about Super Saiyan Rose :p

Yeah, I mean we all look at Goku's same face for 20 years, we can also look at Ash's face too.

noakai

Yasushi Nishiya, one of the Pokemon animators, posted their drawing of the new Ash on twitter. It looks like a picture you take of your kid on the first day of school lol.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Yasushi Nishiya, one of the Pokemon animators, posted their drawing of the new Ash on twitter. It looks like a picture you take of your kid on the first day of school lol.

You know that looks like the Ash we've seen before, just a little younger.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

It actually looks quite nice. It's different, sure, but it's not bad. In fact I think I like it more than XY Ash in terms of design.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Looking at his XY picture, his head looks wider unlike SM, also his eyes have semicircle black lines, while his S/M yes have less black line around his eyes.
His Z's are lot smaller than SM's.
Oh yeah and his eyes were distances in XY, in S/M they're a closer. That's what makes him "younger" than XY. It's just change of art.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The true best girl, Mallow and Lana need not apply

Mallow chan will surpass Queen Lillie. Someday. :D

That's because he is a kid silly! :p Satoshi looks so cute, I'm so proud. ;_;
His face is a bit more wider but he looks completely like himself. I'd love to see a picture of him and his mom together!

Last edited:

Little Hero

That's because he is a kid silly! :p Satoshi looks so cute, I'm so proud. ;_;His face is a bit more wider but he looks completely like himself. I'd love to see a picture of him and his mom together!

He's a child and yet he will outlive us all.

On a side note, that art looks better than the Ash in the trailer.

Still, I wonder how they will implement the Ultra Beasts in the plot if they are going for a happy-go-lucky anime (at least more than usual).

DatsRight

The picture isn't too bad. It leaves hopes that the new animators are just getting accustomed to the franchise and representing the new style since these first couple of episodes they previewed have been made. It's not rare to have these issues with cartoon pilots, even well animated ones, since generally the team are still getting used to drawing the characters. This is especially so when the cartoon has a redesign and they're likely trying to prioritise whether to exaggerate aspects or not (take a look at how Sonic was redesigned for example. These days he looks decently similar to his old design compared to how gangly and over the top his Sonic Adventure art style was).

Concerning Ash's new position, I suppose this could be at least considered a good refresh if handled well, like say if he actually succeeds in it. Like the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier worked for early seasons in showing he had potential to win leagues (even if they are now not counted), this could show Ash has potential to fly high in another part of the goal, so long as there's no mandate he has to fail at that as well.

It's like how BW worked as a refresh for TR, even if you didn't like the change, it broke their formula and made them going about the same thing more believable. They'd had a taste of success and being respected associates of the boss. Surely if they can do it once they can do it again. If it had just continued from DP with them still being jokes barely remembered by Giovanni and constantly being tempted to leave, it would be harder to buy them still going through with things XY onwards.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

He definitely looks like a school student the way he is holding his backpack. Cant wait to see how he does under a school environment

Jibanyan

What people think about goofy TRio? now that serious Rocket was coming back but it was one of the things people liked about BW

Rohanator

Anyone notice that in the poster the Rotom Dex and Rowlet have a white outline just like Ash/Pikachu? It's like they want us to consider them a set. I'd say Rowlet might as well be a confirmed capture but I wonder if this means he won't get any other Mon shown on the poster, at least early on.

FulgoreX

Banned
Anyone notice that in the poster the Rotom Dex and Rowlet have a white outline just like Ash/Pikachu? It's like they want us to consider them a set. I'd say Rowlet might as well be a confirmed capture but I wonder if this means he won't get any other Mon shown on the poster, at least early on.

Rowlet is right on Ash's shoulder so its a sure bet. Lana is also holding the water starter in one of the pics so she'll probably get that.

Litten is the only one we don't know who it goes to.

Status
Not open for further replies.