• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Is there anything new or still discussing over the poster, trainer, animation, and school?

FulgoreX

Banned
If Kiawe is a recurring classmate character it'd make sense for him to get Litten since he specializes in Fire types. He seems to already have powerful evolved Mons like Charizard and Tortunator and would need something he can actually develop on-screen.

I can see Mallow getting Litten because cats generally work well with girls. Mallow is the most prominent on that poster so I'd be surprised if she didn't get a starter.

Hopefully Ash only gets one starter. In the sagas he gets all 3 (Johto and Unova) they turn out to be his least developed starters.

DatsRight

I don't get how TR will work in Sun/Moon. If Ash in school how are they going to do their usual thing?

XY has built up a lot of times with them using their disguises to their advantage (and getting a little too into the role they play). I could see them taking on occupations in the school so they can shadow the twerps, which could likely play on their legitimate skills by them being good at their work or teaching students their good points (eg. Jessie as a performance teacher, James for breeding or tech, Meowth as either a connoisseur or school chef). Making them more halfway villains would also likely allow for Team Skull to get more screen time, otherwise the trio feel a bit redundant with them around from the start.

XY did handle TR pretty decently, so I do at least hope they find a good placement for the trio.

Last edited:

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I can see Mallow getting Litten because cats generally work well with girls. Mallow is the most prominent on that poster so I'd be surprised if she didn't get a starter.

Hopefully Ash only gets one starter. In the sagas he gets all 3 (Johto and Unova) they turn out to be his least developed starters.

Except in Kanto all three got fairly good development. Just because he gets all three does not mean he cannot develop all three. Being a starter has nothing to do with being able to develop them, although I don't want Ash to catch Popplio and get an Oshawott type treatment.

FulgoreX

Banned
Except in Kanto all three got fairly good development. Just because he gets all three does not mean he cannot develop all three. Being a starter has nothing to do with being able to develop them, although I don't want Ash to catch Popplio and get an Oshawott type treatment.

I left out Kanto for that reason.

pokefandt

The thing people have with Ash getting three starters is not THEIR development, its all the others he catches that people are worried about.

Poor, poor Boldore. . . .

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The thing people have with Ash getting three starters is not THEIR development, its all the others he catches that people are worried about.

Poor, poor Boldore. . . .

Problem with Unova Pokemon's development is that Ash had too many Pokemon. And that the writers decided to really only develop Krookodile. Rest of them had very few screen time or had their early development go into a sink.

Last edited:

FulgoreX

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash barely makes any captures in SM. He went most of XY with only 3 captures, and we had Serena/Clemont with only 3 pokemon each most of the time, etc.

Also if all the island leaders have their own teams, I can see the writers not wanting to give Ash too many pokemon. That's too many pokemon on the cast to give personalities to.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash barely makes any captures in SM. He went most of XY with only 3 captures, and we had Serena/Clemont with only 3 pokemon each most of the time, etc.

Also if all the island leaders have their own teams, I can see the writers not wanting to give Ash too many pokemon. That's too many pokemon on the cast to give personalities to.

If Ash was to get a full team, then it would probably follow a similar trend to some past series and develop a select few and let the rest become "filler", which I don't mind. His "classmates" will most likely only have 2 or 3 Pokemon, so development should not be a problem for them.

noakai

He'll probably have a full team by the end but he only had 6 in the league because Goodra came back after all, and I think that helped a lot with their development. If they really are going to try and fit all of the trial captains into the anime, it would be smart to use them to show off a lot of different Pokemon instead of overloading Ash with too many that get neglected because of it.

FulgoreX

Banned
If Ash was to get a full team, then it would probably follow a similar trend to some past series and develop a select few and let the rest become "filler", which I don't mind. His "classmates" will most likely only have 2 or 3 Pokemon, so development should not be a problem for them.

Well the Pikachu clone is going to that electric kid this time, whereas previously it went to the female companion like Dawn, Iris and Bonnie. I am surprised about that. Between that and Lana getting the water starter, it makes me think all the island leaders will be important.

Mallow is also the most prominent on that poster, and Lillie will obviously have a big role when due to her story of being a UB-01. And I guess the "male companion" will be the black fire trainer and the fat electric kid.

So it feels like we'll have 5 major characters this time.

World Turtle

Since Ash is getting the Z-Ring and it has 7 slots on it I could see Ash having Pikachu + 6 Pokemon. If you think about it the school setting might make rotation easier since they're all right there together.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
All the actual ships in the japanese version minus Angie opinion on Ash redesign, Shota included for the lolz.

I just love this kind of stuff, the Internet is making a good laugh out of Ash redesign, and that's all that matters.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Depends on when the NX comes out really. Gen 5's games were determined by the release of the 3DS, so the NX might dictate how gen 7 goes too. Though, there are some people like myself that suspect that there was a plan to make a Pokémon Z at some stage but they decided that Sun/Moon would be better. Perhaps they've avoided pressure from the NX by moving gen 7 forward slightly. Who knows!

Anyway, should there be DP remakes this gen, you can bet on Cynthia making a return. Looker too I would hope.

They've been making sun and moon since around the time ORAS came out or a little before.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
All the actual ships in the japanese version minus Angie opinion on Ash redesign, Shota included for the lolz.

I just love this kind of stuff, the Internet is making a good laugh out of Ash redesign, and that's all that matters.

I've got to admit it, that was funny. I guess a bit of humor would be needed, for the people who still are displeased by this redesign.

Time for some joke a la Tabitha, then.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Still, I wonder how they will implement the Ultra Beasts in the plot if they are going for a happy-go-lucky anime (at least more than usual).
The same way they're going to incorporate it in the games... or just keep it a secret.
Legend has it that a boy from Kanto will move to Alola and befriend an Ultra Beast without knowing it. Once nightfall comes, Lillie, owner of the Alola Formed Vuplix, will show her true form to only it. Vulpix can be trusted. Vulpix knows all.

Nope people are still complaining about Ash's new design and that the writers are different even though they aren't and stuff like that lol

And more female bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.