• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
While this all sounds great, I don't completely get how the whole "Pokémon living in their natural habitats" & "Pokémon living in harmony with humans" things differ from what we've seen from most of the anime fillers in previous seasons

Also, who exactly is Osharemari?

Japanese name for Brionne

At least...I think...it's spelled different on Bulbapedia.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I will confess, there is a part of me that is still hoping for Luna Glovehead to be one of the main characters, or at least a recurring character. (The rest of me keeps telling that hopeful part of me to give up, but it won't listen. :p)

If there is going to be a main PokéGirl in SM aside from the ones already revealed (Lillie, Mallow, Lana), then I wouldn't be surprised if the marketing department is waiting until Serena's fate is finally confirmed in order to reveal her.

Or they won't say how old he is at all, further fueling the fiery debate that is Ash's age.

Better yet, just celebrate Pikachu's birthday. That's the safest option. No one seems to bother caring how old Pikachu is.

or team rocket for that matter

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Yeah.... I hope Litten does turn out to be his main starter. With Litten already being primarily shown off in pictures and trailers. Pretty obvious it is his.

Though I still want Lycanroc being Ash's strongest Alolan Pokemon.

Do you think Ash would handle Midday or Midnight better? I'm thinking Midday...

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Midday would be more useful from the go, but Midnight would provide more interesting storylines.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Midday would be more useful from the go, but Midnight would provide more interesting storylines.

Midnight Lycanroc almost biting Ash's head off interesting?

If Ash has a rival, I'd love to see them both get and they evolve into Midday or Midnight. An ultimate contrast that would be cool for showing both forms off.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i think midday forme suits ash better based on its description. midnight forme definitely seems like something a rival would have.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
It reeks with comedy! Genius!

-- an unnamed Pokemon writer

Well, Ash is dead. Anime's over.

Despite Midday being a better fit for Ash, I'd love to see him overcoming the trials of raising a Midnight Lycanroc. Serious yet funny moments ensue.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Wait and see Glovehead getting revealed when Serena's fate is finally confirmed, either as a separate character or as a new costume for her depending on the outcome. :p
Glovehead will debut as a background character/irrelevant classmate lol.

While this all sounds great, I don't completely get how the whole "Pokémon living in their natural habitats" & "Pokémon living in harmony with humans" things differ from what we've seen from most of the anime fillers in previous seasons

Also, who exactly is Osharemari?
True...
But I think Alola is pretty much THE region to fully embrace and take pride in that fact.
I think I spelled its name wrong but that's the Japanese name for Brionne. It was just much easier for me to remember but I ended up writing both names wrong. XD

Do you think Ash would handle Midday or Midnight better? I'm thinking Midday...
I'm thinking Midday too. It'll probably be more easier for him to get it due to the time constricts unless he sneaks out of the house and trains it all night for practice battling. A lesson for Ash that next time, stay at home and go to bed or you might find your own Pokémon trying to bite your head off like Mami.

Dwight

Banned
In the second trailer, the animation isn't half bad tbh.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
In the second trailer, the animation isn't half bad tbh.

I like the animation, it's very smooth and flows very well. Ash's facial expressions are great, too.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I still can't believe how godawful the animation is after watching the latest footage... lol.
How the hell is the animation bad in any way? Do you even know how fluid the animation is and how it brings life to each character? Better than the stock animation and stiff movements. I'm truly intrigued on how they made Ash excited visually rather than saying, "WOW! This region is so cool! "default smile" Hey look, a familiar Pokémon I don't know just splashed in the water! That's so cool!"

His entrances are marvelous though.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash is catching a Sharpedo for sure. Common, Mega evolve already!

Status
Not open for further replies.