• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Couldn't care less about Team Rocket tbh. Seems like Lillie will be the female lead since she's listed first. Also Mallow and Lana being described as active is good news to me

gliscor&yanmega

Lillie can't touch Pokemon? That explains why she freaked out over Bounsweet, but guess we have to wait and find out why she can't touch them. Certainly seems suspicious, and could relate to Ultra Beast if the Anime goes that route, albeit, I feel the games would have brought that up themselves as well so I don't know if it's just going to be some comedic thing.

Ash lives at Kukui's place? Interesting. Is his mother on vacation then again, is she staying with them or did she get a two bed 5 star hotel for her and Mr. Mime?

Captain America X

The descriptions for the new characters is really getting me hyped up for the show.They all seem pretty interesting so far

Probably because she is a kahuna not a trial captain. A school setting may not have fit her

Yeah it would be weird to have only 3/4 of the initial trial captains be main characters and make a kahuna one of the main characters instead.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
So.. Delia's not staying? I knew it was too good to be true. ;.; Every kid's worst nightmare: living with your teacher. Nonetheless, it sounds like an interesting idea. MUCH better than Ash living by himself. He still has a parent figure with him. I can see Prof Kukui being laidback but he'll also discipline Ash. Musashi looks very conniving and sinister. Everyone will most likely look a lot better animated. It's a bit sad that Lillie loves Pokémon but can't touch them. :( Maybe she is an Ultra Beast...
Nice to get info on what the girls (and Kiawe and Mamane) do on their spare time. I expect there to be people writing, "Ash is STILL 10! :eek:" Of course he is. :rolleyes:

I look forward to everyone's interactios and relationships. Lady Lana is the quiet action girl, Mao chan is a friendly helper scatterbrain, Queen Lillie is the lovable nerd who's germ phobic (I'm joking), Mamane is the science nerd who probably has a high opinion of himself, and Kiawe is the stern farm boy. Prof Kukui, Ash's dad and Prof Samson, the quirky cousin of Prof Oak.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Hope this series doesnt make any fake hype and ship-baiting

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
WOW !The production committee must have regarded XY as a BIG failure. Both director and head writer get booted out.

I guess the targeted audience might have disliked XY Ash after all. I guess he was most likely too serious and too competent. I think something similar might have happened with Team Rocket in BW as well. I also think that they're vas complained about them being to serious or something like that iirc.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I was going to write this earlier but the thread was closed but I like it on how when Ash is excited, his facial expression isn't over exaggerated. When he got really pumped next to Kiawe or looking at the fossils with Mao chan, I expected his same geeking out with Clemont's inventions. NIce to see it being simple and having stars around him lol.

GT was so many years ago, I can't believe some would even try to compare a series like that to something irrelevant and new.

diakyu

Aya Matsui is an interesting one to pick. People are mentioning Dragonball and ignoring she did quite a few of the AG episodes.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I am really looking forward to this new series. So many new characters and they all look interesting. It is a shame that Delia is not staying. At least this means that we will see more of Kukui which is nice.

So Lillie can't touch Pokemon but it seems like she owns Alolan Vulpix... Weird. Hello UB01

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
So, the staff list confirms that Atsuhiro Tomioka is not the director (Series Composition) of Sun & Moon Anime.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I am really looking forward to this new series. So many new characters and they all look interesting. It is a shame that Delia is not staying. At least this means that we will see more of Kukui which is nice.

So Lillie can't touch Pokemon but it seems like she owns Alolan Vulpix... Weird. Hello UB01

Maybe it's a special case or she just never makes contact with it

SoarStaraptor

Ash is still 10 years old in the Sun and Moon?? Wow, why am I not surprised. Will have to let that grasp our minds.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The Rotomdex is voiced by Daisuke Namikawa? HECK YEAH!

So Lillie loves Pokémon but can't touch them. Well, that would explain her reaction to Mallow's Bounsweet. I wonder how long it will be before we learn why she can't touch Pokémon and whether or not she is related to the Ultra Beasts. I also want to know if she is still Kukui's assistant. The fact that she is the first (human) character listed after Ash makes me think she is going to be the female lead (if there is one).

So.. Delia's not staying? I knew it was too good to be true. ;.; Every kid's worst nightmare: living with your teacher. Nonetheless, it sounds like an interesting idea. MUCH better than Ash living by himself. He still has a parent figure with him. I can see Prof Kukui being laidback but he'll also discipline Ash. Musashi looks very conniving and sinister. Everyone will most likely look a lot better animated. It's a bit sad that Lillie loves Pokémon but can't touch them. :( Maybe she is an Ultra Beast...
Nice to get info on what the girls (and Kiawe and Mamane) do on their spare time. I expect there to be people writing, "Ash is STILL 10! :eek:" Of course he is. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining Ash living by himself. Can he cook? Can he navigate? Can he resist the urge to be reckless and nearly get himself killed? Yeah, he needs someone to look after him and take some of the load off Pikachu's poor shoulders.

I was kind of hoping Delia might stay, too - it would have been nice to see her as a recurring character - but I also doubted she would. At least Ash is staying with Mr. Eye Candy. The fangirls will get their regular fix of Kukui's muscled abs. :p Just watch: Kukui invites Ash to stay with him, thinking that a young boy can't be too much to handle, only to learn that Ash Ketchum is a magnet for trouble (even if that trouble only goes by the name of Team Rocket).

Status
Not open for further replies.