• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon", starting November 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Paul, Brock, May for a good while.

I dont think it's really that far-fetched.

I totally forgot Paul. I knew he had Chimchar but he released that and forgot that he had a Torterra, I just assumed that he started with Elekid.
Didn't really see it in the other two, since Brock left his Onix at the gym and May's always had her Torchic (unless I'm missing something from AG)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Just saw the new Pokéchi trailer and the hype is about to consume me! The animation is so fluid! The characters are so expressive! Everything is so colorful! The backgrounds are quite detailed - I love that closeup of the flowers. I can't wait to see what the battles look like in this series.

Samson Oak referenced Buizel and Xerneas. CONTINUITY, Y'ALL! LOL at Ash and Mallow's reactions.

Man, I noticed everyone seems to move more, realistically if that's the correct way to say it. Ash clearing the log then tripping up a bit felt very natural. Everything does really feel more animated. Even in the small touches like Ash's hair pressing up against Pikachu when he's on his shoulder. We need a full battle with this animation STAT!

You're right; there are so many intimate, realistic details. Even the way Pikachu is perched on Ash's shoulder looks more realistic; he is actively holding on with his front paws, rather than just looking like he's glued there.

Speaking of S&M, what do you all think of the girls? Lana being a girl of action is kind of a shock, she looks so tiny, shy and meek but I guess that's why she got the starter? Mallow has got prioritized the most of any so she's obviously the "lead" girl. Lillie can't even touch Pokemon but knows a lot about them. They all look and act different, it's nice.

Never just a PokéGirl by her appearance? :p

I do like how they are all so different from each other. Each has the potential to bring a unique flavor to the series, and to their relationship with Ash. It will keep Ash's interactions with his classmates more interesting and less likely to get stale.

I would really like to see Ash develop a sibling-like relationship with one of the girls. Right now, my bet is on Mallow; she seems more similar to Ash than the other two. However, Lana is the oldest of her sisters, so she may end up viewing Ash as a younger brother figure (especially if she is older than Ash).

Lillie is interesting as well, we'll get some endearing interactions with her freaking out over a Pokémon getting close to her. She might be Prof Kukui's assistant as well. So... live in sister for Ash? They may be opposites but it'll be great to see how they are together with their contrasting natures.

Actually, I would really like to see that. Ash has traveled with girls, but he has never shared a house with one for an extended period of time. That has the potential to be so entertaining, especially since Lillie can't touch Pokémon and Ash has one who is never in its Pokéball. I can totally see Pikachu wandering the house and nearly bumping into Lillie, and her freaking out over it.

I really like that, for once, there is an equal number of boys and girls on the main cast. It's about time! Until XY, Pokémon seemed to adhere to the "Smurfette Principle" (only one female main character). XY proved that Ash can get along with more than one girl, so I always hoped that SM would take that a step further, and it is.

Remix2

Yup I think Pokemon just turn into a Hairm anime.

I kid but I got a feeling that there well be another shipping subplot.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think my favourite scenes were the log and market scene with Delia. Like it felt...real. Ash was stretching his left arm up in the air and his right arm to the side because Pikachu was on his shoulder. This might have been the case in XY and other series but it's nice to see it.

Yup I think Pokemon just turn into a Hairm anime.

I kid but I got a feeling that there well be another shipping subplot.

It's pretty easy to write comedy in romance. Nisekoi did it with five girls liking the protagonist.

noakai

Just saw the new Pokéchi trailer and the hype is about to consume me! The animation is so fluid! The characters are so expressive! Everything is so colorful! The backgrounds are quite detailed - I love that closeup of the flowers. I can't wait to see what the battles look like in this series.

Samson Oak referenced Buizel and Xerneas. CONTINUITY, Y'ALL! LOL at Ash and Mallow's reactions.

You're right; there are so many intimate, realistic details. Even the way Pikachu is perched on Ash's shoulder looks more realistic; he is actively holding on with his front paws, rather than just looking like he's glued there.

Never just a PokéGirl by her appearance? :p

I do like how they are all so different from each other. Each has the potential to bring a unique flavor to the series, and to their relationship with Ash. It will keep Ash's interactions with his classmates more interesting and less likely to get stale.

I would really like to see Ash develop a sibling-like relationship with one of the girls. Right now, my bet is on Mallow; she seems more similar to Ash than the other two. However, Lana is the oldest of her sisters, so she may end up viewing Ash as a younger brother figure (especially if she is older than Ash).

Actually, I would really like to see that. Ash has traveled with girls, but he has never shared a house with one for an extended period of time. That has the potential to be so entertaining, especially since Lillie can't touch Pokémon and Ash has one who is never in its Pokéball. I can totally see Pikachu wandering the house and nearly bumping into Lillie, and her freaking out over it.

I really like that, for once, there is an equal number of boys and girls on the main cast. It's about time! Until XY, Pokémon seemed to adhere to the "Smurfette Principle" (only one female main character). XY proved that Ash can get along with more than one girl, so I always hoped that SM would take that a step further, and it is.

I'm honestly very excited for so many fully grown girls. Lots of different personalities and traits so there should be one that everyone likes, and lots of chances to just be diverse with them in general. No one girl is gonna have to be everything for everyone.

SoarStaraptor

The problem with Ash in SM is he is still 10. They had the nerves of Steelix to release that information about Ash I'll tell you that.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Is it too much to ask that I also want the TRio to have their own Z-moves at some point? They'd probably lose the power after SM ends but yeah, would be nice to see them get their own power.

I just watched the end and I saw the front of Ash's hair move...nice.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm honestly very excited for so many fully grown girls. Lots of different personalities and traits so there should be one that everyone likes, and lots of chances to just be diverse with them in general. No one girl is gonna have to be everything for everyone.

so if one sucks, just pick a diffrent girl

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Is it too much to ask that I also want the TRio to have their own Z-moves at some point? They'd probably lose the power after SM ends but yeah, would be nice to see them get their own power.

TBH, I kind of want Meowth to get his paws on a Z-Crystal. Of course, since Meowth technically doesn't have a Trainer, that leaves the problem of who would hold the Z-Ring - Jessie or James. That right there is potential for a TRio episode dedicated to Jessie and James having a falling out over who gets to act as Meowth's "Trainer" to activate Z-Moves. And the episode ends with them losing the Z-Crystals and the whole argument being moot.

...On second thought, maybe it's better if Meowth doesn't get a Z-Crystal after all.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
TBH, I kind of want Meowth to get his paws on a Z-Crystal. Of course, since Meowth technically doesn't have a Trainer, that leaves the problem of who would hold the Z-Ring - Jessie or James. That right there is potential for a TRio episode dedicated to Jessie and James having a falling out over who gets to act as Meowth's "Trainer" to activate Z-Moves. And the episode ends with them losing the Z-Crystals and the whole argument being moot.

...On second thought, maybe it's better if Meowth doesn't get a Z-Crystal after all.

Don't forget the fact that Meowth may also try to be his own trainer too

Red and Blue

In the part of the trailer where Ash was entering the classroom was Lilie holding a tablet?

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Kiawe has massive potential to be the best male companion Ash ever has. That nonsense, almost leaderlike quality he has will make him a great male role model I feel Ash has severely lacked. Brock was his homeboy for 4 regions, but he felt like a sidekick ultimately. Clemont was cool. Liked how he helped Ash in understanding Ash-Greninja, but again, just a sidekick as well. I have high hopes for Kiawe, his straight man act can also double for some really funny scenarios as well.

Last edited:

noakai

Kiawe has massive potential to be the best male companion Ash ever has. That nonsense, almost leaderlike quality he has will make him a great male role model I feel Ash has severely lacked. Brock was his homeboy for 4 regions, but he felt like a sidekick ultimately. Clemont was cool. Liked how he helped Ash in understanding Ash-Greninja, but again, just a sidekick as well. I have high hoqes for Kiawe, his straight man act can also double for some really funny scenarios as well.

I hope they have a legit big brother/little brother relationship for real.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Kiawe has massive potential to be the best male companion Ash ever has. That nonsense, almost leaderlike quality he has will make him a great male role model I feel Ash has severely lacked. Brock was his homeboy for 4 regions, but he felt like a sidekick ultimately. Clemont was cool. Liked how he helped Ash in understanding Ash-Greninja, but again, just a sidekick as well. I have high hoqes for Kiawe, his straight man act can also double for some really funny scenarios as well.
You forgot to mention Cilan.

Anyway, I'm still liking the series more and more, but I'm still a little concerned about the whole "Ash going to school" thing. The concept fits with Gen VII as a whole, but I still can't see how Ash is going to be able to do the trials, explore the Alola region, & build a team if he's stuck in school all the time, especially since the previous seasons mention on how Ash is terrible at school and the sometimes letting real life experiences be your teacher works a lot better

Last edited:
The animation is fluid and everything. I love the animation.

What I don't like is the art style. I wish the art was more refined like in XYZ, think of how everybody would look if this was XYZ art style. It looks colorful and all, but it isn't...like striking out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.