• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
WATCH THE NEW XY TRAILERS HERE: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xy/story/index.html#pv and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPulIQYTv4

This thread is a place where you can discuss the characters that will appear in the upcoming XY Anime. So far, these people are confirmed to have a role in the new saga:

- Ash
A Pokémon Trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region. Together with his partner Pikachu, he has come to the Kalos region to pursue his dream of becoming a Pokémon Master. He loves Pokémon more than anyone else, but hates crooked stuff. In Pokémon battles, he tends to just attack non-stop, but at times, ideas occur to him that nobody else could think of. He has a strong heart and never gives up.
- Clemont / Citron
This boy is a Gym Leader. A talented inventor, his backpack is equipped with Aipom arms he is very proud of.
- Bonnie / Eureka
Clemont's little sister. A girl with a strong character who is always looking for brides for Clemont. Clemont lets her "keep" his Pokémon until she becomes a Pokémon Trainer.
- Serena
A girl who lives in Kalos and loves to dress up. Apparently, she has met Ash somewhere before...!?
- Team Rocket (Jessie, James & Meowth - and Wobbuffet! )
An evil organization aiming to conquer the world. Their target in the Kalos region is once again Pikachu, and they attack Ash and his friends by various means! You can't avert your eyes from Team Rocket as they persistently get in their way!
- Professor Sycamore / Professor Platane
A Pokémon Professor who has a laboratory in the Kalos region. His task is to give beginning Trainers their first Pokémon.
- Professor Oak
An authority in Pokémon research who has a lab in Pallet Town in the Kanto region and investigates all possible aspects of Pokémon ecology. Apart from being the one who gave Pikachu to Ash, Professor Oak is a charismatic and popular person who appears in TV programs of all regions and gets requests to do a public performance.
- Officer Jenny
A reliable police officer who solves various troubles occurring in the Kalos region and who keeps the cities safe.
- Nurse Joy
The young woman from the Pokémon Center who examines and treats Pokémon that get hurt during their journey. A strong ally to Pokémon Trainers.
- Viola, Bug type Gym Leader of Santalune City
- Alexa / Pansy, her sister and a Pokémon reporter
- A mysterious man with a Mega Blaziken
- Giovanni, the boss of Team Rocket, and his secretary Matori

Feel free to discuss potential cast dynamics, characters' personalities, roles, purposes, goals, etc. You can also discuss possible appearances and personalities of characters confirmed to appear in the XY games. Do NOT discuss who's going to catch what Pokémon! We have a separate thread for that.

We would also like to remind everyone of the character bashing rule. Yes, apparently it's possible to hate on characters before they've even had their debut in the show...

Last edited by a moderator:

Everlasting

Everything stays.

BlueDragonfangirl

Perhaps there will be romance between Serena and Ash?

People have been speculating this for a while nowXD I can't wait to hear more on there past :)
Bonnie can use her brothers Pokemon than?

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I think Serena may have a crush on Ash and for some reason he feels shy around her... I don't know why but it looks like that, from the opening. I wonder what their background story is now, huh.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I was looking at the old "X & Y's Effect on the Anime Thread," and does anyone know where it mentions whether or not Viola appears in the first few episodes?

thetamale

I don't even think Ash knows what a girl is..he cant even tell if his Pokemon is a male or female so I think romance is out of the question.

He has gone "wait, you're a girl?" more than once. Both of them fancied him and he didn't seem to notice that either.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think Serena may have a crush on Ash and for some reason he feels shy around her... I don't know why but it looks like that, from the opening. I wonder what their background story is now, huh.

Maybe when they were kids, ash and them.were good friends and.almost became in love, bit serena had to move with her family to kalos.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah that's what I'm curious about, why does Ash look shy next to her in the opening?

Supersonicbro

after watching the trailer, the ONE thing i wished would happen seems like it'll be happening in this season...ash (and pikachu apparently) will fanboy over clemonts machines. If you watch one piece, this is very similar to how luffy acts around franky when he uses his robo abilities. I know this isn't anything huge, but i just like this aspect and hopefully it'll be a running gag with clemont showing new inventions and ash (and pikachu) going crazy over them.

Supersonicbro

he is leaning in her direction and his hands are in his pockets that's why lol

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Maybe when they were kids, ash and them.were good friends and.almost became in love, bit serena had to move with her family to kalos.

So you're saying this could be a better love story than SAO? Like that's hard...

diakyu

Yea I could see it happening based on the opening. Ash looks like he is shy around her. Maybe that's why ash held back his feelings from misty.
Uhh, you mean that group shot at the beginning of the new trailer? He doesn't look shy at all.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i think serena personality not as girly as some people think
just because she like dress up doesn't mean she gonna have girly personality

Does anyone think Dr.Zager will show up at some point?

well i hope he appear , i think the he create the machine that james used :)

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
he is leaning in her direction and his hands are in his pockets that's why lol

Way to crush my dreams, thanks! xP

No really, it looks like Ash is shy in the opening, looking at his facial expression, you look at Pikachu and he doesn't look like that, oh and Serena happy doing the opposite as him. I think that could be an awesome plot, were Serena has something on Ash and he doesn't feel comfortable around her for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.