• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt this kid is a "real" rival. I bet the summaries called Sanpei a rival too.

There's no way a kid with a Treecko is going to be some tough rival. Likewise with XY being like AG I doubt Ash is getting a rival.

Janovy

Banned
Yes, because a kid with Pikachu is weak too.

Nodame

Meh I don't really like Clemont. He sorta just there, and I don't find his quirks funny at all. He lacks charm.

Pokegirl Fan~

Golden Queen
I seriously doubt this kid is a "real" rival. I bet the summaries called Sanpei a rival too.

There's no way a kid with a Treecko is going to be some tough rival. Likewise with XY being like AG I doubt Ash is getting a rival.

I think he may very well be Ash's main rival for the series. It's interesting that he's being introduced so late into the series. I wonder if he has anymore Pokemon besides Treecko with him. Still don't really care much for his design though. Anyways this probably debunks that XY is the new AG theory, I'm glad it's its own series.

Red and Blue

Dude come on. Who's to say it won't be a awesome Sceptile by the time of the league? Just because he has a tecko doesn't mean he won't become a worthy opponent if he faces Ash in the League. For all we know, he might be the one who uses mega sceptile.

UltimateNinja

Cute Redditmon

Do you remember Paul? He had an Elekid right in the beginning and a Electrivire for the last battle.

Squirtle_007

Dude come on. Who's to say it won't be a awesome Sceptile by the time of the league? Just because he has a tecko doesn't mean he won't become a worthy opponent if he faces Ash in the League. For all we know, he might be the one who uses mega sceptile.

That's what they fear, and that's what they don't want, they want Ash and only Ash to mega evolve all his Pokémon that can mega evolve, including that Beedrill he caught and gave away back in Johto :rolleyes:

BJack

Zura
I just hope the kid has reason to be strong, he looks like the studious type so maybe he is good at strategies or something

Pokegirl Fan~

Golden Queen
Another thought, if he is a main rival for Ash, I can see Ash being the more dominant trainer of the rival, which I think the opening might be implying with the new character following Ash thing. If that's the case then maybe this guy could be the one to knock Ash out of the league in the top 8 using a mega Sceptile perhaps?

Lorde

Banned
Meh I don't really like Clemont. He sorta just there, and I don't find his quirks funny at all.

I agree. I almost yearn for the previous male sidekick character these days, which I never thought would happen. Clemont can be charming on a few occasions, but he seems so busy having "funny" interactions with Bonnie and hero worshiping Ash that those instances are rare imo.

Do you remember Paul? He had an Elekid right in the beginning and a Electrivire for the last battle.

Greatness can't simply be replicated though. :x

Red and Blue

Another thought, if he is a main rival for Ash, I can see Ash being the more dominant trainer of the rival, which I think the opening might be implying with the new character following Ash thing. If that's the case then maybe this guy could be the one to knock Ash out of the league in the top 8 using a mega Sceptile perhaps?

Interesting theory. Though I imagine fans would be pissed if ash lost to someone younger than him. Even more so than his defeat against Cameron.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Interesting theory. Though I imagine fans would be pissed if ash lost to someone younger than him. Even more so than his defeat against Cameron.

Truth be told he looks like an innocent boy who wouldn't hurt a fly xD. He has a smile and a kind face when looking towards Ash instead of the usually determined, tough face like previous rivals.

He has to be important, for him to appear in the intro. This probably has been discussed before but I think that this kid might actually replace Clemont. Don't take me seriously though because I'm just speculating :b. He seems more interesting, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Lorde

Banned

Well he's got to lose somehow anyway. Do we even know for sure that Treecko boy will be Ash's new rival though.

I very much doubt a kid who looks like a rookie and wants to learn from Ash is a traditional rival. Of course the promo is going to call him that what else would he be?

He might only be around for a short ORAS arc.

DotKU

Champion
I very much doubt a kid who looks like a rookie and wants to learn from Ash is a traditional rival. Of course the promo is going to call him that what else would he be?

He might only be around for a short ORAS arc.

I sort of agree, Tierno was also called Ash's rival and maybe Sanpei was as well I dont remember.

They're just calling him a rival for the sake of it, what else would they call him? Wandering Treecko kid?

It doesn't mean he'll fit the role of an actual rival and be recurring and battle Ash in the league.

--VIRGO--

Trip also was a rookie, but somehow became a good rival for Ash. Beside it doesn't mean this kid has to be a rival with comparable or superior skills. It could be someone like Nando. Not main rival but someone less.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
If the treecko kid beat ash in league , i can see how much everyone hurt and call the league worst
look back cameron where he beat ash with only 5 pokemon , everyone flip like crazy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.