• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If the treecko kid beat ash in league , i can see how much everyone hurt and call the league worst
look back cameron where he beat ash with only 5 pokemon , everyone flip like crazy :D

Cameron couldn't remember to bring six Pokemon to a full League battle; we have no idea if Treecko boy would make such a rookie mistake though, or even if he'd battle Ash at the KL in the first place. Sadly, it seems like he'll be the only new recurring character for a while judging from the Opening.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well Ash is still ten but the Teccko kid looks younger than him to me. I figure he is around eight or nine.

I'm thinking maybe they made him look younger than Ash is because of the whole theory about their rivalry I mentioned earlier in here. I think it'd be great if they had Ash dominate the rivalry until the Kalos League where he loses to the kid with the Treecko, which could possibly be a Sceptile by then.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm sure the Treecko kid is 10.

Ash only looks older in XY but if you compare OS Ash to this boy they look the same age.

OS Ash still looks older lol.

But this kid is at least 10 regardless.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I still kinda say the Treecko kid will only be around for a short ORAS arc, I severely doubt he'll be in the league especially if he has no badges when we meet him and he literally just started his journey.

If AG had no rival till the league XY won't either. Even Sanpei resembled that Nicholai kid with the Mudkip/Marshtompt from AG.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm indifferent in the new kid's role. Whether he's a true rival or not, I simply hope he's more interesting than his design makes him out to be.

Lorde

I wouldn't expect consistency with the rules this show makes. Iris looked younger than ten when she was training and battling with Drilbur.

He doesn't look that young anyway in my opinion; he just looks shorter than Ash. And no, I don't think that makes Ash older than 10 in XY.

I simply hope he's more interesting than his design makes him out to be.

Is there something wrong with his design?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Let him pass the torch, pls.

If Treecko kid becomes that League Rival, I swear to Arceus above this show will be dead to me. lol.
Oh pls
Ash lost to Cameron you don't get worse that, you can't haha.

Janovy

Banned

Squirtle_007

At least Ritchie brought 6 Pokemon with him to the official League battle.

At least Cameron fully defeated all of Ash's Pokémon, Ritchie only defeated Pikachu, Squirtle was put to sleep and Charizard was disqualified

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
At least Cameron fully defeated all of Ash's Pokémon, Ritchie only defeated Pikachu, Squirtle was put to sleep and Charizard was disqualified

They both were terrible if you would go back and rewatch both league matches. But I felt slapped in the face more by Cameron because coming after the Sinnoh league, this is probably something that could have been done better.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Yeah and Cameron's 6th Pokemon was only a Watchog anyway. I love the species and all but it wasn't like his 6th Pokemon was going to be anything special like a Cobalion or anything.

They both were terrible if you would go back and rewatch both league matches. But I felt slapped in the face more by Cameron because coming after the Sinnoh league, this is probably something that could have been done better.

This. However I'm able to tolerate Cameron more because he had a more dynamic personality imo. I didn't like his match because he forgot another Pokemon, I disliked it because of the Riolu line being shoved in my face.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wonder what importance the elderly lady in XY60's preview has. I'm thinking she's a judge for the Showcases. I'm hoping she's cold and strict, but she probably won't be anything like that.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i just dont get it the cameron hate , he beat ash fair and square imo , i would give him applause cause he beat ash full team pokemon with only 3 pokemon :D cause the 2 just for prey :D

On the Topic : i really hope the old woman is strict but not to meany , i just cant wait XY 60 tbh , cant wait to see serena new design if she really cut her hair and of course the CD development

from now she the only character among the group that i care

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
i just dont get it the cameron hate , he beat ash fair and square imo , i would give him applause cause he beat ash full team pokemon with only 3 pokemon :D cause the 2 just for prey :D

On the Topic : i really hope the old woman is strict but not to meany , i just cant wait XY 60 tbh , cant wait to see serena new design if she really cut her hair and of course the CD development

from now she the only character among the group that i care

It was a ridiculous match that evidenced ash NFE syndrome and shameful take on the whole saga, add salt to the wound that the Battle was ridiculous to boot. Add den to the wound and you got a failfecta slap on the face of some fans.

Lorde

i really hope the old woman is strict but not to meany

I'm not sure what difference it would make; Ash's main female companion will almost certainly lose anyway, so that gray-haired woman's personality may not matter in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.