• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
if she didn't goal and her reason to go journey just because ash and looking for goal
i can see in final episode of XY , after serena see and try everything she want , she fond to do contest and want to go to sinnoh/Hoenn/Johto to purse to better coordinator
which i hope that not happen

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh, I so disagree, for one of the very reasons you list, Lucario, ugh, please, no, the obsession will go into full blown madness. Ramos looks like he'd be a hoot in the Anime, I can't wait to see him.

I don't mean to sound ageist, but I don't think that old characters like Ramos have much potential in this anime. I mean the writers could give him a cliche old-man personality if they want, but unless he starts chasing Ash and friends around with his gardening scissors, I don't think there's much that the writers could do to make him truly interesting. :x

KKS-Lapras

I don't mean to sound ageist, but I don't think that old characters like Ramos have much potential in this anime. I mean the writers could give him a cliche old-man personality if they want, but unless he starts chasing Ash and friends around with his gardening scissors, I don't think there's much that the writers could do to make him truly interesting. :x

Ha, some of my favorite characters in the Pokemon Anime have been older, both Professor Oak and Professor Rowan - and Professor Cedric Juniper, Spenser of the Battle Frontier, both Agatha and Bertha, Pryce, and Wattson. All were interesting in the Anime, so saying older characters don't have potential is an odd position to hold.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well if that's already Dawn's hobby, then why should Serena get involved in it as well? I can't see anything other than more Dawn/Serena comparisons resulting from that.

I dont really see anything wrong with the Dawn and Serena comparisons tbh lol. I like them actually.
Anyways at least she'll have a goal if she does something with fashion, I would take almost anything at this point...almost.
I would love to see Dawn and Serena meet so that they could compete in some type of fashion contest.

Janovy

Banned
Heh, I doubt Serena will go out as a PokeStylist. The writers will probably give her a crappier ending than that, considering they don't seem to give a f**k about Serena at this point.
I wouldn't say that the writers don't give a ****.

They didn't seem to give a f**k about Iris at first either and then, well, they went all out. She won a tournament, got a Dragonite, Emonga, got her Excadrill to listen to her, her Axew learned Dragon Rage, Outrage and Giga Impact, she bonded with more dragons along the way improving her skills as a Dragon Trainer, found out she has the special ability to connect with their hearts and she battled Cynthia and Drayden. She also found a rival in Georgia with whom she had amazing interactions and warmed up to Ice types after teaming up with Georgia's Vanilluxe.

So yeah, it's not that they don't care, it's just not her time yet. And it's not like Serena didn't have a focus episode either.

Iris's first focus episode was in episode 9 and her second focus episode was in episode 24 when she caught Emonga. So you see, there was a huge gap between Iris's focus episodes and yet she got a lot of development throughout BW despite the pace.

I wish people would, if they absolutely NEED to compare girls, at least compare Iris with Serena. Both started out with no apparent goals and both BW and XY are way more recent than AG. If anything, the style of writing is more similar. It seems obvious to me, that the focus was put on Clemont because his story naturally comes first. Lumiose comes first and so does the Lumiose gym thus Clemont's story.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that the writers don't give a ****.

They didn't seem to give a f**k about Iris at first either and then, well, they went all out. She won a tournament, got a Dragonite, Emonga, got her Excadrill to listen to her, her Axew learned Dragon Rage, Outrage and Giga Impact, she bonded with more dragons along the way improving her skills as a Dragon Trainer, found out she has the special ability to connect with their hearts and she battled Cynthia and Drayden. She also found a rival in Georgia with whom she had amazing interactions and warmed up to Ice types after teaming up with Georgia's Vanilluxe.

So yeah, it's not that they don't care, it's just not her time yet. And it's not like Serena didn't have a focus episode either.

Iris's first focus episode was in episode 9 and her second focus episode was in episode 24 when she caught Emonga. So you see, there was a huge gap between Iris's focus episodes and yet she got a lot of development throughout BW despite the pace.

XY007 was her focused episode, wasn't it?

Janovy

Banned
XY007 was her focused episode, wasn't it?
Yes, that was Serena's focus episode. So who knows? Her next episode might not happen until XY027, for example.

That's why people should stop freaking out. Same happened with Iris, and Iris got a lot of development in the end.

Last edited:
Yes, that was Serena's focus episode. So who knows? Her next episode might not happen until BW027, for example.

That's why people should stop freaking out. Same happened with Iris, and Iris got a lot of development in the end.

You mean XY not BW, but yeah I agree.

The difference is most of the upcoming episode titles/previews don't seem to focus on Serena either.

Can for once, Ash and Serena just wait, let's let Bonnnie and Clemont grow too.

LizardonX

Banned
I have a suggestion for those too impatient for Serena. Forget about the pokemon anime for a while, go take up a new hobby, watch some other anime, do some homework etc until around XY50 or so. Then binge watch the eps and you'll get your Serena development. If there truly has been nothing on that front then there won't be anyone able to argue against you.

Well, after leaving some damage last night and seeing very little response to it, I guess my jig is up: I've actually been sarcastic for my last couple of posts. Crude joke, I know, but actually, it wasn't meant to be a joke. Just a little social experiment I thought I'd perform.

The difference is most of the upcoming episode titles/previews don't seem to focus on Serena either.

It's not like we can expect every couple of episodes to focus on Serena like it was with May and Dawn. Like Janovy said, Iris seemed to have a slow pace as well, but got some sort of development in the end. And if I remember my OS days, Misty had a slow pace too in terms of development (but I guess it could justified since this was Ash's first saga). Besides, if the writers think it's tactical to go slow, that's what they wanna do. It's not like we can do anything to influence them to do otherwise.

Well, after leaving some damage last night and seeing very little response to it, I guess my jig is up: I've actually been sarcastic for my last couple of posts. Crude joke, I know, but actually, it wasn't meant to be a joke. Just a little social experiment I thought I'd perform.

It's not like we can expect every couple of episodes to focus on Serena like it was with May and Dawn. Like Janovy said, Iris seemed to have a slow pace as well, but got some sort of development in the end. And if I remember my OS days, Misty had a slow pace too in terms of development (but I guess it could justified since this was Ash's first saga). Besides, if the writers think it's tactical to go slow, that's what they wanna do. It's not like we can do anything to influence them to do otherwise.

You shouldn't have done that, I was ready to pull a Yuno on you... you'd enjoyyed the big gapping hole

Like Janovy said, we just have to wait. It's going to be slow for awhile with so much coming, then once Serena starts her development, it goes all out like May, Dawn, and Iris.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I have a suggestion for those too impatient for Serena. Forget about the pokemon anime for a while, go take up a new hobby, watch some other anime, do some homework etc until around XY50 or so. Then binge watch the eps and you'll get your Serena development. If there truly has been nothing on that front then there won't be anyone able to argue against you.

The good thing about this is that Serena doesn't make the whole show. I wish people wouldn't make the main girls a knife to the throat all the time. I'm hoping they go the boy route and have Clemont be the one to pursuit a quest for a change other than Ash.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Reommend to learn the post, specially in the end.

About Serena doing nothing:

There is another fatror to play, named Fennekin. Fennekin is right now the most popular starter of Generation VI and the marketing team will try to milk that popularity. And being sure that they're don't destroy it.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_pg...27y-83y&sort=salesrank&ie=UTF8&qid=1390412945

Of you go here, yopu notice that the merchandise of Satoshi (that is the first of all) has its initial release of 21st March while Serena merch was delayed at the moment when initially had the same date like this link said in November.

http://pk-mn.com/n/monster-collection-satosi-serena/

And they can ditch out Serena if they want (or better said, if they forced out). Because Serena is not doing anything, her Fennekin is not doing anything to her.

The marketing team are possibly having made pressure to Serena to do something that are productive to Fennekin.

Right now the writers has four options to do with Serena:
A) Create an active goal for Serena.
B) Create a passive goal for Serena.
C) Make Serena leave the show.
D) Still neglecting her like they are doing now.

What the marketing team prefer? Apparently, A What they don't want? D.

If the neglecting is only a opportuny of promoting Clemont while they can, fine. But if Serena don't find a goal 30 episodes into the series and Cyllage/Movie happens (include episodes with summaries) and Serena is fading more and more into the background, there's a big problem which her.

Serena needs to do something in this show. And we don't need her being a full co-star like Dawn to do that, or even May. And if she gets something, it will be good for her, her Fennekin and her shipping.

However, there are thing giving hopes:
-Serena not being that inactive in many episodes (See: episode 12)
-Serena's goal being mentioned explicity.
-The Chateau having Viola vs Grant.
-The very high screentime of Clemont and Bonnie right now, whih can last all the saga. Clemont is not Ash, remember.
-The slower pace. And I don't see a new generation until 4 years minimum, possibly five. Basically because I don't expect the generation to change until one year after a new handheld is released which I don't expect for two years. And an idea: (North) Kalos League and South Kalos League?

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
The good thing about this is that Serena doesn't make the whole show. I wish people wouldn't make the main girls a knife to the throat all the time. I'm hoping they go the boy route and have Clemont be the one to pursuit a quest for a change other than Ash.

One would think that...until they start reading this thread. It's all Serena all the time. Quite ridiculous.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
About Serena doing nothing:

There is another fatror to play, named Fennekin. Fennekin is right now the most popular starter of Generation VI and the marketing team will try to milk that popularity. And being sure that they're don't destroy it.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=sr_pg...27y-83y&sort=salesrank&ie=UTF8&qid=1390412945

Of you go here, yopu notice that the merchandise of Satoshi (that is the first of all) has its initial release of 21st March while Serena merch was delayed at the moment when initially had the same date like this link said in November.

http://pk-mn.com/n/monster-collection-satosi-serena/

And they can ditch out Serena if they want (or better said, if they forced out). Because Serena is not doing anything, her Fennekin is not doing anything to her.

The marketing team are possibly having made pressure to Serena to do something that are productive to Fennekin.

Right now the writers has four options to do with Serena:
A) Create an active goal for Serena.
B) Create a passive goal for Serena.
C) Make Serena leave the show.
D) Still neglecting her like they are doing now.

What the marketing team prefer? Apparently, A What they don't want? D.

You said "But Serena isn't going to leave because other charater got stale and didn't leave" and possibly you have the reason.

But the case of Brock and Cilan are different than the case of Serena and they are not comparable.
Brock was never meant to have a big thing in the show. And he isn't really neglected except for late DP.
Cilan wasn't neglected until Episode N.
Serena (and specially her pokemon) are being neglected now more so than any companion early in the series. Which in part, makes possible this option.

What will happen if Serena really leaves the cast? Who will be the main responsible of it?

The easiest way to make leave Serena is returning to Rhyhorn Racing with her mother. If that were the case, Fennekin has to be recolocate in the main cast. And the main responsible will probably be the director of the XY series.

And if Serena really leaves, what would be the substitute? I don't comment on this, but probably a sidekick... and in that case means that her Fennekin could go to.... Ash Ketchum (!).

If the neglecting is only a opportuny of promoting Clemont while they can, fine. But if Serena don't find a goal 30 episodes into the series and Cyllage/Movie happens (include episodes with summaries) and Serena is fading more and more into the background, there's a big problem which her.
I don't think Serena's leaving during xy, she'll leave near the end if anything.
Personally I'd prefer if Serena had a battling goal that had something to do with fashion, and maybe a cameo from Dawn could help her choose something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.