• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Clemont will most likely have a side plot with Blaziken Mask after his Gym Plot resolves. I'm skeptical towards it but if Mega Evolution plays a major role in the later part of the series then I can see it happening.

I want him to discover that his dad is the Blaziken Mask, but I don't want them to team up or anything like that. I honestly wanted the Blaziken Mask to be some Hunter J-esque character, but instead he's just Clemont's dad and that's kind of anti-climactic in my opinion. Limone is a decent character, but the whole Blaziken Mask thing just seems like a tacked on gimmick that he didn't really need imo.

KKS-Lapras

A lot of the Cilan love just stemmed from the fact that people were glad Brock was finally gone. I don't need to remind everyone of how DP Brock was received.

Clemont's popularity depends on how he is received later in the saga.

They were glad Brock was gone, they liked Cilan's quirky personality, and they loved his voice actor, lol. I agree, once Clemont's gym match against Ash is over, assuming the Anime doesn't do something weird, and either not have Ash face Clemont at all and replace him with someone else, or switch Clemont to later in the series. The Anime doesn't necessarily have to follow the order of the gyms as they appear in the games. In fact, the Anime has switched it up twice now, in Kanto and Unova.

pokemon fan 132

A lot of the Cilan love just stemmed from the fact that people were glad Brock was finally gone. I don't need to remind everyone of how DP Brock was received.

Clemont's popularity depends on how he is received later in the saga.

So in other words your implying how Cilan was viewed as "consolation prize?
Apology for "terrible character named Brock"?
Note: i dont consider Brock to be bad character at all.

How well new characters are received depends on what kind of personality, interest and background he has. What role he performs and his value in leaving impact on plot and other characters. Cilan was well received on his own merits, not because he replaced Brock.
Also vocal minority which was happy over Brock leaving dont represent general consensus amoing fandom. Because all i see is only increased interest and desire from people on numerous sites that Brock comes back displaying how there certainly exist sizable portion of fans which like this character.

Same applies to Clemont, his likability isn't conditioned by who he replaced but in how engaging and relevant he is going to be to Kalos series. Whether his hobbies, interests, characterization and way he deals with other members of cast accompanied with plots centered around him makes people to start symphatize, care and enjoy in his presence.

Personally im not that much worried about Clemont future at all. He has great chemistry with his sister being very caring and considerate about her, see somesort of role model in Ash admiring his bravery and compassion toward pokemon. Comes up with various strange devices and inventions which dont always backfire helping to advance plot(like for example in saving Ash from falling from building with his air bag, helping Ash in training his pokemon for rematch at Santalune gym or retrieving some of lost energy for Dedenne),

Even after his long awaited battle against Ash for 5th badge comes , which i presume would be feasible way to put to test how much his traveling and hanging around Ash helped him in improving skills and bringing more creativity strategy wise i wouldn't be worried in slightest over his role beginning to fall afterwards.

Having potential and space in his story to expand upon. For example there is whole connection between him and msasked mega Blaziken guy who happens to be Limone(his own fathger). Opening reasonable hypothesis over Clemont playing important role in future events centered around mega evolution, Limone and even Team Flare(since one of their main activity lies in exploatation of mega evolution to their own benefits).

Perhaps mega Blaziken man might be on undercover task or some sort of detective , investigator researching increased activities of Team Flare as part of anti crime organization whose aim is to stop them. Leading to possible misunderstanding between father and his son Clemont due to at first wrongly reading in his motives and actions taken regards villains not being able to realize how he is on side of good.

Such kind of plot twist probably wont happen, but there definitely exists ways to keep Clemont infiltrated within main storyline and keep progressing character wise after revisit of Luminose city.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Guys, guys obviously what's going to happen is Lysandre is going to fight Limone (as Blaziken Mask) 1 v 1 and rip off his mask and break his back, and hold him captive at the Lysandre Lab. Clemont, however, secretly witnesses this battle behind a gate and afterwards find the mask and reforms his father's outfit and recruits his Blaziken. Then when Ash and co storm the Lysandre Lab, Clemont will emerge as the new Blaziken Mask and Team Flare will look on with horror and shock at the sight of the seemingly defeated Blaziken Mask.

It's very obvious that when all is said and done, Limone will pass the mantle of Blaziken Mask to his son. His son will have found his courage by then and proves it by being the Batman of Lumiose City for the rest of his life.

That will be the birth of Bunnelby Boy and his sidekick Dedenne Damsel. Defending Lumiose City from freakish Hex Maniacs who lurk in the city scaring the daylights out of anyone who wonders into a building alone with no people in it. They will also star in movies and be a box office sensation XD

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
So in other words your implying how Cilan was viewed as "consolation prize?
Apology for "terrible character named Brock"?
Note: i dont consider Brock to be bad character at all.

Of course Brock wasn't a bad character. However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't hava been doing more due to the time he was on the series.

How well new characters are received depends on what kind of personality, interest and background he has. What role he performs and his value in leaving impact on plot and other characters. Cilan was well received on his own merits, not because he replaced Brock.

Characters who have something to do is also another way on how well a character is received. Brock needed a break and Cilan was a bit of fresh air. I however like Clemont after Cilan just as much even though Cilan wasn't on as long. However, each character as we've seen was different and each was liked for their own characteristics.

Lorde

Clemont has more potential than other male sidekick characters imo, but I feel that the writers won't make full use of that once Ash wins the Voltage Badge. Clemont will probably get less development after that since he doesn't have an active goal. He'll likely end up like Serena, only funnier because he'll probably keep his malfunctioning invention gag.

FlyAsADunsparce

Clemont has more potential than other male sidekick characters imo, but I feel that the writers won't make full use of that once Ash wins the Voltage Badge. Clemont will probably get less development after that since he doesn't have an active goal. He'll likely end up like Serena, only funnier because he'll probably keep his malfunctioning invention gag.

I really hope that isn't the case. It'd be so awesome if Clemont started doing Battle Chateau battles like Viola and Grant after his gym battle with Ash. So that he at least has something to focus on.

I think Clemont's personality has more depth to it than Cilan's, Tracey's and Brock's. For some reason they were always portrayed as almost flawless and perfect, just very mature. I like that Clemont is aware of his weaknesses and that his storylines are different than what we've seen so far. He's getting storylines/scenes that usually only the female companions and Ash get. I guess the downside of that is that Serena doesn't get anything at all really. So far Bonnie's gotten more of that than Serena.

I do love Bonnie and Serena's interaction a lot though. And I like Ash taking more of a back seat some more this time around. Makes him seem more mature for some reason.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After seeing today's episode, I'm REALLY hoping that they'll find a way to incorporate Bonnie's pajamas in the episode where they introduce Tyrunt &/or Tyrantrum.

Lorde

After seeing today's episode, I'm REALLY hoping that they'll find a way to incorporate Bonnie's pajamas in the episode where they introduce Tyrunt &/or Tyrantrum.

Lol, that would be so adorable. In general, Bonnie has been doing a lot of cute things lately. I hope there's more to her character later on though. Like, I don't expect her to get a goal since she's obviously still young, but seeing her accumulate knowledge and be of some help to the group would be nice. I mean she's basically my last hope for a dynamic female character at this point given the way Serena has been neglected by the writers.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Lol, that would be so adorable. In general, Bonnie has been doing a lot of cute things lately. I hope there's more to her character later on though. Like, I don't expect her to get a goal since she's obviously still young, but seeing her accumulate knowledge and be of some help to the group would be nice. I mean she's basically my last hope for a dynamic female character at this point given the way Serena has been neglected by the writers.

Bonnie is the most popular character on the cast in the moment. In fact I often forget that Bonnie is Clemont's sister since she feels more like Serena's sister now.

Seems like the writers are trying to increase female relations between characters in the series.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wonder if Serena doesn't care about a goal because she just likes traveling with Ash so much that it doesn't matter to her. She's satisfied being a waifu so she probably has no motivation to do anything else.

I wouldn't mind if Serena and Bonnie split from the group and go on their own adventures. It's too bad Serena's interest in Ash prevents her from being anything more than submissive and subdued.

This sounds sad in more ways than one. I hope this is not what the writers full intentions are for her. And I doubt anyone would let Bonnie go on a journey by herself just yet. Have you forgotten Bonnie's age?

Lorde

While I'm glad that Bonnie at least has a Pokemon to herself and is making better progress towards becoming a Pokemon trainer eventually unlike Max, I wish she could have his common sense. Max had a good head on his shoulders and sometimes I wish Bonnie did too because her cuteness and marriage proposal gag simply won't be entertaining forever in my humble opinion. She needs some depth to her character regardless of her just being a kid.

I wonder if Serena doesn't care about a goal because she just likes traveling with Ash so much that it doesn't matter to her. She's satisfied being a waifu so she probably has no motivation to do anything else.

I wouldn't mind if Serena and Bonnie split from the group and go on their own adventures. It's too bad Serena's interest in Ash prevents her from being anything more than submissive and subdued.
You're losing your touch Cyber. You're not even trying anymore...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
While I'm glad that Bonnie at least has a Pokemon to herself and is making better progress towards becoming a Pokemon trainer eventually unlike Max, I wish she could have his common sense. Max had a good head on his shoulders and sometimes I wish Bonnie did too because her cuteness and marriage proposal gag simply won't be entertaining forever in my humble opinion. She needs some depth to her character regardless of her just being a kid.

Bonnie is supposed to be made of sugar and spice, she is the sweet little girl. Max was smart because he had knowledge about pokemon and sometimes knew more than everyone else in his group aside from Brock.

Bonnie isn't intended to be knowledgeable like Max, she's intended to be a lovey-dovey sister to both Serena and Clemont. She is the little girl intended to appeal to the family audience.

KKS-Lapras

This sounds sad in more ways than one. I hope this is not what the writers full intentions are for her. And I doubt anyone would let Bonnie go on a journey by herself just yet. Have you forgotten Bonnie's age?

You needn't worry, it isn't what the writers have in mind down the road, I'd be willing to be a decent amount of money on it. Serena's time will come, she'll get development, there's no need to rush it.

Lorde

You needn't worry, it isn't what the writers have in mind down the road, I'd be willing to be a decent amount of money on it. Serena's time will come, she'll get development, there's no need to rush it.

While I agree that from the writers' standpoint they don't need to rush Serena's development given all the other stuff they're busy focusing on, it would still be nice if they at least foreshadowed that she would get development in the near future. I mean the preview of upcoming episodes didn't showcase Serena much aside from that scene that showed Fennekin jumping into her arms. I just want to know when Serena is going to get her much-needed time in the spotlight. I'm very impatient about that because I really like Serena.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I've accepted the fact that Serena isn't a battler and she's mostly going to use her pokemon as either pets or for fashion shows or Pokemon Stylist-related stuff.

Serena isn't very aggressive, you won't see her be battle oriented anytime soon. She's very meek and subdued, its how the writers are showing her.

KKS-Lapras

I've accepted the fact that Serena isn't a battler and she's mostly going to use her pokemon as either pets or for fashion shows or Pokemon Stylist-related stuff.

Serena isn't very aggressive, you won't see her be battle oriented anytime soon. She's very meek and subdued, its how the writers are showing her.

Remember, CyberCubed knows all, passive people never would battle, you know, when it really counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.