• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Isnt Pokevision the same as being a Pokemon Performer? The one making Pokevision videos are called Pokemon Performers, right?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
At least the Pkmn performer thing has Serena actually doing something, so as lame as that goal is to me, I'm happy that she's not just doing nothing but standing in the background most of the time like she was for like the first 40+ episodes of XY: now Clemont, however, is getting shafted frequently lately for some reason and that's a shame...the writers of this show can never balance screen time for the characters these days.

I'm thinking Clemont will just be another 3rd wheel background character like Brock and Cilan by the time XY ends while Serena will get the Iris and Dawn treatment and becoming the co-star by the end of XY.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Isnt Pokevision the same as being a Pokemon Performer? The one making Pokevision videos are called Pokemon Performers, right?

yeah they're the same imo though we can't count pokevision as a goal as it only pertains to videos shoot or taken up by the contender. pokemon performer is the correct way of saying it

serena's goal is not yet certain as far as i know, she stated that she wants to try ( because of sana) not that she is really aiming for it.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
It's not the same thing. PokéVision seems to be a side thing that all trainers can do to promote themselves (both boys and girls) and their Pokémon while Performers participate in the TriPokalon competition which seems to be exclusively for females.

Luthor

I get the feeling later on we'll have it revealed that Meyer always knew about Clemont being kicked out his gym and simply chose not to intervene so Clemont would get stronger.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena is most likely going to be a Pokemon Performer, or a coordinator, everything that was supposedly focus on Serena seems to have been foreshadowing that including the Pokepuff and Pokevision episodes.

Alkaid

Has anyone ever thought that maybe serena could be a performer and a coordinator.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Has anyone ever thought that maybe serena could be a performer and a coordinator.

well i don't see why not, coordinator and performer seem similar to me albeit with a bit of difference. though for now we shall probably stick on her choice being a performer

colomb

I think Serena might want to be like Diantha by the end of the series; a performer and a battler. Unfortunately her interest in being a performer might only prove that she is not going to do a whole lot for the rest of the series. What type of episodes are we going to get out of that goal? We might get more Pokevision episodes where she tries to do something simple and random mayhem occurs like some invention screws up or Team Rocket plots something.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think Serena might want to be like Diantha by the end of the series; a performer and a battler. Unfortunately her interest in being a performer might only prove that she is not going to do a whole lot for the rest of the series. What type of episodes are we going to get out of that goal? We might get more Pokevision episodes where she tries to do something simple and random mayhem occurs like some invention screws up or Team Rocket plots something.

That's what I fear; that Serena will merely do more PokeVision videos, which would bore me to death especially since so far, PokeVision has resulted in problems and chaos. It's such a pointless activity in general imo. Any development from that could be gained elsewhere.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That's what I fear; that Serena will merely do more PokeVision videos, which would bore me to death especially since so far, PokeVision has resulted in problems and chaos. It's such a pointless activity in general imo. Any development from that could be gained elsewhere.

But isn't there more to being a Pokemon Performer than just Pokevision videos?
We don't really know what it entails right now, and I doubt it'll only be just Pokevision stuff.

X Drake

I Am Groot

I doubt that.There is definitely more to being a Pokemon Performer than just doing Pokevison Videos.

Lorde

Probably baking PokePuffs and looking pretty. Basically what Serena already does, so in a way, Pokemon Performing is perfect for her in that it might involve all the bland things that she likes imo.

colomb

We don't really know what it entails right now, and I doubt it'll only be just Pokevision stuff.

Yes, but what type of conflicts or storylines could we get out of a goal like that? It sounds like we'll get random hijinks like Serena getting ready to put on some performance but some random mischievous pokemon shows up and stealing the dress she made because it looks shiny or something. Both episodes 21 and 26 were sort of like that. Some dull activity with someone ( both cases Team Rocket) interfering.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yes, but what type of conflicts or storylines could we get out of a goal like that? It sounds like we'll get random hijinks like Serena getting ready to put on some performance but some random mischievous pokemon shows up and stealing the dress she made because it looks shiny or something. Both episodes 21 and 26 were sort of like that. Some dull activity with someone ( both cases Team Rocket) interfering.

It'll most likely be just like how contests were, they basically are the games version of contests, so technically if Serena does Pokemon Performing she'll still be a coordinator lol.

Lorde

Basically. Thankfully, it's not confirmed that that'll be her goal; it could simply be dropped as a regular activity like Rhyhorn Racing was imo.

colomb

Basically. Thankfully, it's not confirmed that that'll be her goal; it could simply be dropped as a regular activity like Rhyhorn Racing was imo.

That's why I'm still hoping she decides her main goal will involve training and battling, but that decision may not happen until the end of the series as an excuse to for her to part ways from the rest of the group. She did say in episode 7 at the end "I guess that means I can battle too". It sounded like foreshadowing but not much has happened since then.

zhixun

That's why I'm still hoping she decides her main goal will involve training and battling, but that decision may not happen until the end of the series as an excuse to for her to part ways from the rest of the group. She did say in episode 7 at the end "I guess that means I can battle too". It sounded like foreshadowing but not much has happened since then.

That happened when she faced Rocketto Dan. Why you hope her main goal is training and battling. I said many times before that WE NEED TO RESPECT DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE. It IS WRONG TO FORCE HER TO BATTLE. I have had enough for all Serena's haters that want her become stereotypical.

Fighting is not suitable for Serena's character so being a performer is good for her.

colomb

That happened when she faced Rocketto Dan. Why you hope her main goal is training and battling. I said many times before that WE NEED TO RESPECT DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE. It IS WRONG TO FORCE HER TO BATTLE. I have had enough for all Serena's haters that want her become stereotypical.

Fighting is not suitable for Serena's character so being a performer is good for her.

The show has always been structured around battling. Pokemon and people grow strong together and bond by battling and training. Isn't that a common theme throughout the series? The "different types" of characters you speak of might make sense if the show had a completely different plot but characters usually make progress in this show through battling and catching pokemon.

Vernikova

Champion
The show has always been structured around battling. Pokemon and people grow strong together and bond by battling and training. Isn't that a common theme throughout the series? The "different types" of characters you speak of might make sense if the show had a completely different plot but characters usually make progress in this show through battling and catching pokemon.

Assuming there's no battling in whatever she decides to do (if she even decides on something before she leaves), what stops her from battling outside of her goal to develop a strong bond?

Status
Not open for further replies.