• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】

pokemon fan 132

Speaking of Iris coming back she in reality has least in common with Serena , so im doubtful on her return playing some role in heping to push Serena character forward. Since with May experience as coordinator and appeal rounds having similarities with Tripokalon could help Serena to become better performer. While with Misty indication of both girls having crush on Ash and differences in personality with Misty being good at raising moral boost and encouraging others to follow beliefs could help Serena in case of selfdoubts and if she choosed right path to follow.

However thats something which goes in Iris favor actually, because in case of coming back i would prefer if she was main star not having to share glory with Clemont, Bonnie or Serena like it was case with Dawn with her return in BW.

Kalos is region which introduced new pokemon specie (fairy type). Holding even bigger effectivenes against dragons than ice pokemon have. For which Iris developed irrational fear , just because they are good against dragons.

So traveling there to study and research fairy specie and trying to understand its strength and weaknesses would be of great help for her dream of becoming dragon master. Providing her with invaluable knowledge of how to develop effective counters and minimize dragon weakness against them, since in future matches she will sooner or later face this kind of pokemon in battle.

Like Sun Tsu used to say:
"Know your enemy like you know yourself , and you do not need to fear result of hundred of battles!"

There is E4 Drasna who is basially dragon master and one of highest authorities when it comes to knowledge and skills in training dragon pokemon. So Iris traveling there to gather tips and guidelines how to become stronger trainer, unlock full potential of her pokemon(especially Axew and its dream of reaching Haxorous form, who would hopefully by time she returns at least evolve to Fraxture), would be very good reason to bring Iris back. Drawing logic parallel to her career and storyline.

In case pokemon anime decide to introduce lorekeeper Zinnia and whole story of trying to invoke mega evolution inside Rayyquaza destroying Meteorite.

With Iris even deciding to travel to Hoenn because of seeing Rayquaza heading to this direction. Which could lead to encounter with Zinnia deciodng to help her in mission with both girl traveling to Kalos once they learn how Rayquaza is traveling there. Not so farfetched when we take in account how this legendary pokemon inhabits Ozone layer and travels across the world not residing just in Hoenn.

Thats another very good reason to justify Iris coming back and playing significant role in show which could not just help advance her character but anime story as well. While gaining marketing value through such act as well.

I only hope Dawn extended cameo will translate from now on to other replaced past companions. Because i find it much more rewarding, meaningful and exciting when important figures in Ash life and history comeback for longer period .

Giving them enogh time to get know better new characters, establish strong and entertaining dynamic , recollect on their past adventures and friendship with Ash. Giving to fans update on their strength, how much they evolved as person and trainer, changes in pokemon team, did they came closer toeward achievement of their dreams. And staying long enough to receive enough spotlight, development and participation in thrilling, fresh adventure so that we could as viewers feel how their time under sun and comeback was unique and led them somewhere. Managing to bring us appeal regardless of whether are or aren't fans of some characters.

p.s. Who knows, maybe Iris return wont be only surprise. I still think it would be great idea to have May back helping to promote ORAS which didnt got much love in main anime so far. But Misty as well because of potential for deep, emotional development regarding her and Serena, mega evolution(to evolve her Gyarados), water master E4 Siebold etc with XY offering lot of cool opportunities to advance her story and be in impactful action being too long since we saw her(way too long imo).

Bringing massive boost in popularity and excitement for XY series.

But knowing writers we will be lucky if even Iris returns. Though since they didn't hesitate to break several patterns so far, maybe they change their policy about this as well, as much as doubtful that is.

that episode was more about Togepi than Misty. I want Iris cameo to be about her, not Axew

It was about both actually. Since Misty also received character development there coming to understand background behind Togepi mysterious status and how important as specie it is starting to dicover its true potential.

While coming to accept despite being heartbrokewn, how its for the best to let Togetic go and be with members of its own kind.

Last edited:

chalkus

I expect we'll see her training Fennekin a bit more for a while after XY060- since we see a Braixen in the Lumiose Gym. After that, I think she'll be training her Pancham. Do you think Pancham will evolve into Pangoro sometime? To me it doesn't seem too likely since the Pancham capture seemed solely for Pokemon Performing purposes.

If fennekin, who barely battles, is going to evolve, there is no reason pancham won't either. This girl is like a miracle worker.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
If fennekin, who barely battles, is going to evolve, there is no reason pancham won't either. This girl is like a miracle worker.

Firstly, Fennekin's evolution is no different to Torchic, who also evolved with little battle experience.

Secondly, Pancham requires a dark type team mate in order to evolve, so unless they give Serena a dark type or allow it to somehow work via interaction with Ash's potential Greninja, or even Inkay during a team separation episode, then Pancham can't evolve..

Captain America X

Firstly, Fennekin's evolution is no different to Torchic, who also evolved with little battle experience.

Secondly, Pancham requires a dark type team mate in order to evolve, so unless they give Serena a dark type or allow it to somehow work via interaction with Ash's potential Greninja, or even Inkay during a team separation episode, then Pancham can't evolve..
And also Dawn's Swinub who evolved in what?20 episodes?

thetamale

Pancham requires a dark type team mate in order to evolve, so unless they give Serena a dark type or allow it to somehow work via interaction with Ash's potential Greninja, or even Inkay during a team separation episode, then Pancham can't evolve..

Game mechanics are rarely employed exactly as is into the anime.

Inkay rotates upside down continuously, granted its level may be too low but levelling is very rarely mentioned and has never been demonstrated. No one's ever said this Pokemon's level went up. If we ever saw any Inkay evolve I doubt they would need to be upside down to do so.

Trade evolutions are not a thing in the anime so Pancham's Dark type requirement is easily manageable by comparison. With the exception of the Shelmet-Karrablast fusion evolution, we've seen a Poliwhirl evolve into Politoed and Slowpoke evolve into Slowking without the need for trades. Incidentally this covers Pumpkaboo evolving naturally.

If they even mention the influence evolution, which would seem strange considering there have been multiple wild Pangoro, Greninja would easily cover, but as I said it would seem off for it to be mentioned anyway.

Honestly I think the chances of Pancham evolving are low anyway. It's whole thing seems to be it being the little Pokemon with the feisty personality.

chalkus

If they want pancham to evolve, it will, despite what the conditions are. Game mechanics only apply when they want them too.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I doubt Pancham will evolve, especially since her starter did.

Pancham is the girls early small cute Pokemon that the writers like to keep unevolved for the entire saga, like Dawn's Buneary or May's Skitty or Misty's Psyduck.

Captain America X

Pancham is the girls early small cute Pokemon that the writers like to keep unevolved for the entire saga, like Dawn's Buneary or May's Skitty or Misty's Psyduck.

Agreed,but Well at least it's personality is different compared to them

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There is E4 Drasna who is basially dragon master and one of highest authorities when it comes to knowledge and skills in training dragon pokemon. So Iris traveling there to gather tips and guidelines how to become stronger trainer, unlock full potential of her pokemon(especially Axew and its dream of reaching Haxorous form, who would hopefully by time she returns at least evolve to Fraxture), would be very good reason to bring Iris back. Drawing logic parallel to her career and storyline.

Tbh, I want Drasna to appear even if it doesn't benefit Iris. She's my favorite Kalos E4 member and I'd love for Ash to challenge her and predictably lose. It's my favorite "pattern."

I personally can't see a big, bad Pangoro going into Serena's hands anyway. I was just wondering that due to the influence of Ash's potential Greninja, would we see an evolution? Not that I don't like Pangoro. I love it.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Yeah I agree, I don't think Pancham will evolve either.

I think Serena's redesign could possibly be related to Fennekin's evolution, or she decided to change it on a whim for the character customization feature, or it could be related to her next Showcase performance.

I think Serena's redesign could possibly be related to Fennekin's evolution, or she decided to change it on a whim for the character customization feature, or it could be related to her next Showcase performance.

Could be both- now that you mention it. After all, those Showcases are supposed to show the bond between Trainer and Pokemon or something right? So trying to somehow match Braixen would make perfect sense.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
She was implying that Serena likes Shauna romantically or vice versa because of that one scene from the New Years preview.

......what? I don't know about Shauna..... but Serena loves Ash

......what? I don't know about Shauna..... but Serena loves Ash

Oh Goodness. Man that person who suggested that in the first place was joking.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
In the games, the Serena/Shauna ship is very popular. I wouldn't be surprised if Shauna gets a crush on Serena, she practically worships her already.

Status
Not open for further replies.