• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
LOL, Treecko could easily be as strong as Pikachu, there is no rule against that.

Unevolved =/= weak. The kid might be hiding some powerhouses, you never know.

I'll bet almost anything that Treecko will beat Pikachu if they battle, unless of course the kid with the Treecko isn't the main rival of the series.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How does a character willing to jump in front of his Luxio to take an oncomming attack without a second thought "lack courage"?

He did what every other character would've done, so I don't see that as courage given that he simply did what his instincts told him to do. It also doesn't change the fact that his lethargy and invention issues still exist. :x

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
No thanks. Not here for a Treecko beating Pikachu. Logic dictates that his Treecko will probably become a Sceptile by the time the Kalos League comes around.

Soniman

Break the Limit
He did what every other character would've done, so I don't see that as courage given that he simply did what his instincts told him to do. It also doesn't change the fact that his lethargy and invention issues still exist. :x

His invention skill and lethargy have absolutely nothing to do with his courage but okay

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well s*** wanted the kid to be a follower not a rival ah well.

Maybe we will see a Sceptile in the league after all.

Lorde

His invention skill and lethargy have absolutely nothing to do with his courage but okay

I'm talking about his development in general sis. :rolleyes: Those are things he has to work on and yet he's made no progress. What are his redeeming qualities aside from his funny quirks?

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm talking about his development in general sis. :rolleyes: Those are things he has to work on and yet he's made no progress. What are his redeeming qualities aside from his funny quirks?

I mean I just listed some of tge instances in which hes grown and you dont seem to count any of it and would rather view him as comedic relief and nothing more so whatever, agree to to disagree

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I seriously doubt this kid is a "real" rival. I bet the summaries called Sanpei a rival too.

There's no way a kid with a Treecko is going to be some tough rival. Likewise with XY being like AG I doubt Ash is getting a rival.

Janovy

Banned
Yes, because a kid with Pikachu is weak too.

Nodame

Misty <3
Meh I don't really like Clemont. He sorta just there, and I don't find his quirks funny at all. He lacks charm.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I seriously doubt this kid is a "real" rival. I bet the summaries called Sanpei a rival too.

There's no way a kid with a Treecko is going to be some tough rival. Likewise with XY being like AG I doubt Ash is getting a rival.

I think he may very well be Ash's main rival for the series. It's interesting that he's being introduced so late into the series. I wonder if he has anymore Pokemon besides Treecko with him. Still don't really care much for his design though. Anyways this probably debunks that XY is the new AG theory, I'm glad it's its own series.

Red and Blue

Dude come on. Who's to say it won't be a awesome Sceptile by the time of the league? Just because he has a tecko doesn't mean he won't become a worthy opponent if he faces Ash in the League. For all we know, he might be the one who uses mega sceptile.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

Do you remember Paul? He had an Elekid right in the beginning and a Electrivire for the last battle.

Squirtle_007

Dude come on. Who's to say it won't be a awesome Sceptile by the time of the league? Just because he has a tecko doesn't mean he won't become a worthy opponent if he faces Ash in the League. For all we know, he might be the one who uses mega sceptile.

That's what they fear, and that's what they don't want, they want Ash and only Ash to mega evolve all his Pokémon that can mega evolve, including that Beedrill he caught and gave away back in Johto :rolleyes:

BJack

Zura
I just hope the kid has reason to be strong, he looks like the studious type so maybe he is good at strategies or something

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Another thought, if he is a main rival for Ash, I can see Ash being the more dominant trainer of the rival, which I think the opening might be implying with the new character following Ash thing. If that's the case then maybe this guy could be the one to knock Ash out of the league in the top 8 using a mega Sceptile perhaps?

Lorde

Meh I don't really like Clemont. He sorta just there, and I don't find his quirks funny at all.

I agree. I almost yearn for the previous male sidekick character these days, which I never thought would happen. Clemont can be charming on a few occasions, but he seems so busy having "funny" interactions with Bonnie and hero worshiping Ash that those instances are rare imo.

Do you remember Paul? He had an Elekid right in the beginning and a Electrivire for the last battle.

Greatness can't simply be replicated though. :x

Red and Blue

Another thought, if he is a main rival for Ash, I can see Ash being the more dominant trainer of the rival, which I think the opening might be implying with the new character following Ash thing. If that's the case then maybe this guy could be the one to knock Ash out of the league in the top 8 using a mega Sceptile perhaps?

Interesting theory. Though I imagine fans would be pissed if ash lost to someone younger than him. Even more so than his defeat against Cameron.

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
Interesting theory. Though I imagine fans would be pissed if ash lost to someone younger than him. Even more so than his defeat against Cameron.

Truth be told he looks like an innocent boy who wouldn't hurt a fly xD. He has a smile and a kind face when looking towards Ash instead of the usually determined, tough face like previous rivals.

He has to be important, for him to appear in the intro. This probably has been discussed before but I think that this kid might actually replace Clemont. Don't take me seriously though because I'm just speculating :b. He seems more interesting, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Lorde

Well he's got to lose somehow anyway. Do we even know for sure that Treecko boy will be Ash's new rival though.

Status
Not open for further replies.