• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I very much doubt a kid who looks like a rookie and wants to learn from Ash is a traditional rival. Of course the promo is going to call him that what else would he be?

He might only be around for a short ORAS arc.

DotKU

Champion
I very much doubt a kid who looks like a rookie and wants to learn from Ash is a traditional rival. Of course the promo is going to call him that what else would he be?

He might only be around for a short ORAS arc.

I sort of agree, Tierno was also called Ash's rival and maybe Sanpei was as well I dont remember.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I sort of agree, Tierno was also called Ash's rival and maybe Sanpei was as well I dont remember.

Well they're both recurring characters who have battled Ash, so it's not strange that they've been called rivals imo.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They're just calling him a rival for the sake of it, what else would they call him? Wandering Treecko kid?

It doesn't mean he'll fit the role of an actual rival and be recurring and battle Ash in the league.

--VIRGO--

Trip also was a rookie, but somehow became a good rival for Ash. Beside it doesn't mean this kid has to be a rival with comparable or superior skills. It could be someone like Nando. Not main rival but someone less.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
If the treecko kid beat ash in league , i can see how much everyone hurt and call the league worst
look back cameron where he beat ash with only 5 pokemon , everyone flip like crazy :D

Janovy

Banned
Could they have picked an odder design for Ash's supposed protege?
I like the design. Odd is good, at least better than boring.

Janovy

Banned

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm willing to bet the Treecko kid is only around for a short ORAS promotion arc and that will be it. The fact that he has a Treecko as his starter pretty much makes that obvious. The writers have no reason to promote Hoenn Pokemon at the league since the third games of XY will be out by then shifting the focus back to Kalos Pokemon.

Janovy

Banned
I'm willing to bet the Treecko kid is only around for a short ORAS promotion arc and that will be it. The fact that he has a Treecko as his starter pretty much makes that obvious. The writers have no reason to promote Hoenn Pokemon at the league since the third games of XY will be out by then shifting the focus back to Kalos Pokemon.
XY anime isn't getting an ORAS promotion arc, the Mega Evolution specials are basically there for that.

The kid is a rival.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't think this kid will be a rival. It seems possible that the kid works for Alexa and while on an assignment from Alexa, he sees Ash battle and starts admiring him. Whether this kid will be at the league, I don't think so. he seems to me like a Luke-like character. Most people thought he would be a league rival as well.

Red and Blue

The more I think about it, the more I`m open to this kid being Ash`s main rival. Having a rival a few years younger than him is so refreshing and has never been done before.
I could see him being a genius like prodigy who is already Ash`s equal even though he is below ten.

Janovy

Banned
I don't think this kid will be a rival. It seems possible that the kid works for Alexa and while on an assignment from Alexa, he sees Ash battle and starts admiring him. Whether this kid will be at the league, I don't think so. he seems to me like a Luke-like character. Most people thought he would be a league rival as well.
I don't know. The official site mentions Ash meeting 'a rival' in season 18 (of the dub).

This kid is the only possible rival for Ash at this point.

Red and Blue

Is there a rule that says you have to be ten in order to have a pokemon license(at least in Kalos)?

If this kid is truly Ash`s main rival, then he obviously will be collecting gym badges and facing off against in in the League at some point.

Janovy

Banned
Is there a rule that says you have to be ten in order to have a pokemon license(at least in Kalos)?
It seems to be a universal rule in all of regions in the anime; neither Max or Bonnie can't be trainers until they're old enough.

Red and Blue

It seems to be a universal rule in all of regions in the anime; neither Max or Bonnie can't be trainers until they're old enough.

Well then I guess that rules out the kid being Ash`s rival. Unless the League makes an exception for him

Janovy

Banned
Well then I guess that rules out the kid being Ash`s rival. Unless the League makes an exception for him
What makes you think the kid is of Bonnie's age? He looks ten to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.