• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
You do realize that brown boots match anything when worn with stockings/leggings... And red boots would have been too much; you need to break the colours in an outfit... people trying to sound like they know fashion

LMAO, true tea sis! I don't want Serena to give me Nicki/Keyshia Cole/Mary J Blige teas anytime soon

However that performance outfit from the preview is a big NO. What kind of mess, hun?

Last edited:

Mau-Kun

I just thought in a possible theory about the mysterious elder woman and looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this: Could she actually be Serena's grandmother?

I think that elder woman is probably the sponsor of Tripokelons or something, going by her security, wealth and the clamouring of the media. So she might be the crucial decision maker/person with veto rights in the Master class. I really don't think a talent scout, no matter how good, has that high category security and wealth. Not to mention paparazzi.

lucipher

Serena cutting her hair reminds me of that joke, How do you know a women just got married. We'll first she cuts of her hair then she gains 30 Pounds. Ain't it ironic she has 1 date with ash and on the very next episode she shops off her air.

nuzamaki90

I think that elder woman is probably the sponsor of Tripokelons or something, going by her security, wealth and the clamouring of the media. So she might be the crucial decision maker/person with veto rights in the Master class. I really don't think a talent scout, no matter how good, has that high category security and wealth. Not to mention paparazzi.

Maybe she is the first Kalos Queen and will end up scouting Serena at some point.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
she didn't acknowledge Serena until the ending.

I just think she's a former Kalos Queen and she's scouting for the next potential queen.

That could be it or she's someone that founded Showcases or something.

I'm really looking forward to Serena's next Showcase, it looks like she'll do really well in it from what I saw in the preview.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…

I'm really looking forward to Serena's next Showcase, it looks like she'll do really well in it from what I saw in the preview.

All we really know is that she's apparently been absent from the Tripokalon world for quite a while (per the reporter's question). Makes me think she's a former Kalos queen. And it seems she has super high expectations, explaining why she was so bored and so reluctant to even show up. Maybe she sees some promise in Serena, based on the end of the episode?

Tourist Juan

I think Yashio (thats the old ladys name) was looking for someone, Not necessarily scouting.
My reasoning is thus:
1. She didnt want to be there. She said so herself and the look on her face sorta seems like that of someone who is fed up of what they are doing.
2. The contestants werent even coming out yet and she was already saying that "It seems she wont be appearing...", and then at her room she mentions on the phone that "She" wasn't there.
3. She was asked to be there. This is demonstrated when Yashio is about to leave and says: There, i saw it to the end."

I could be wrong of course its just me speculating with what i saw but its what makes sense to me atm.
And sorry if i got some of the stuff wrong. I saw it with spanish subs and i might have gotten the translations wrong. XD

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I think Yashio (thats the old ladys name) was looking for someone, Not necessarily scouting.
My reasoning is thus:
1. She didnt want to be there. She said so herself and the look on her face sorta seems like that of someone who is fed up of what they are doing.
2. The contestants werent even coming out yet and she was already saying that "It seems she wont be appearing...", and then at her room she mentions on the phone that "She" wasn't there.
3. She was asked to be there. This is demonstrated when Yashio is about to leave and says: There, i saw it to the end."

I could be wrong of course its just me speculating with what i saw but its what makes sense to me atm.
And sorry if i got some of the stuff wrong. I saw it with spanish subs and i might have gotten the translations wrong. XD

I think I watched the same subs as you, and they often make some mistakes here and there, so imma wait for a second source before speculating, anyways it promises to be interesting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
All we really know is that she's apparently been absent from the Tripokalon world for quite a while (per the reporter's question). Makes me think she's a former Kalos queen. And it seems she has super high expectations, explaining why she was so bored and so reluctant to even show up. Maybe she sees some promise in Serena, based on the end of the episode?

Tbh if she's gonna be Serena's Showcase supporter, I hope we won't see Serena and Aria meet; Yashio is all Serena would really need as inspiration in my opinion.

Maybe she is the 1st Kalos Queen because she was the founder of that activity. Adding salt to the wound, maybe she is an inmigrant from Pokejapan (Kanto, Jouto, Houen or Shinnou), hence the Japanese name she has (Yashio doen't sound very kalosian, if you ask me)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Maybe she is the 1st Kalos Queen because she was the founder of that activity. Adding salt to the wound, maybe she is an inmigrant from Pokejapan (Kanto, Jouto, Houen or Shinnou), hence the Japanese name she has (Yashio doen't sound very kalosian, if you ask me)

Inb4 they do an original Idol shot out.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
She might be, which could explain why she seemed less than enthusiastic about sitting through another Showcase. She might simply be a critic though imo.
She seems to be some type of scout, since she mentioned that they'll never have another girl like "Elle-san" again so maybe she scouted Elle at some point? When she sees TriPokalons today she's gotten cynical toward them, but seeing Serena's behavior and pain and sacrificing of her hair seemed to shine a light on that old bat.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm totally on-board with Serena's character now. After the pointless amourshipping episode and now a quick transformation I'm ready to support the change. I think it was a bit dramatic of her to get a makeover after one loss that wasn't necessarily her fault but she's so good at bottling up her feelings that this step shows some real strength. I'm finally interested in Serena.

I wonder if Fennekin is going to have a crazy guilt trip (lol) for making Serena lose and that's why she'll evolve? Kind of like her trainer.

On the topic of Yashio, I feel like she's going to eventually take Serena under her wing, probably by the time she gets to the Grand Festival equivalent. I can totally see Yashio be the reason why Serena leaves the cast at the end too.

Status
Not open for further replies.