• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Character Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeaussie37

Amidst all the baiting and trolling and lesser quality posts, something like this is a highlight. Found myself agreeing with some of your points too. Well done.

Thank you for your kind words, friend. I'm glad it was worth the read. If there are any brief comments or opinions you have do feel free to share! Am willing to discuss.

In light of recent episode announcements I must also add to my Team Rocket observations, in that we're in for another Rocket-centric episode featuring Pumpkaboo. On title alone, the potential for an evolution, release, or both is certainly high.

Also, if my interpretation of other threads are correct, the 'random guy from the intro', his name is Alain I believe? I'll call him that from now on, much simpler. :p

With the recent episode titles, we only have the following locations in Kalos left:

Caves(most likely won't appear in the series):
Frost Cavern
Sea Spirit's Den
Chamber of Emptiness
Glittering Cave
Connecting Cave
Terminus Cave
Unknown Dungeon
Victory Road(LOL)

Team Flare HQs:
Lysandre Labs(special)
Team Flare Secret HQ

Elsewhere:
Battle Maison/Kiloude City
Berry fields

Important places:
Anistar City
Route 18
Couriway Town
Route 19
Snowbelle City
Pokémon Village/Route 20
Route 21
Route 22
Pokémon League
Route 16(ie. Route back to Lumiose).

Is there anything else I forgot?

Frost Cavern COULD appear in the Mamoswine/Abomasnow episode given the events from the game, but I believe that your assessments are correct.

Last edited:

Grey Wind

In light of recent episode announcements I must also add to my Team Rocket observations, in that we're in for another Rocket-centric episode featuring Pumpkaboo. On title alone, the potential for an evolution, release, or both is certainly high.
We already know it's evolving based on the ending.

Also, if my interpretation of other threads are correct, the 'random guy from the intro', his name is Alain I believe? I'll call him that from now on, much simpler.
Yep. He's the protagonist of the side specials that focus on mega evolution. Likely to be involved in some sort of Team Flare/mega arc once he crosses over into the main anime.

pokeaussie37

We already know it's evolving based on the ending.

Yep. He's the protagonist of the side specials that focus on mega evolution. Likely to be involved in some sort of Team Flare/mega arc once he crosses over into the main anime.

Thank you for the info friend. The ending, alas, is something I have largely neglected (watching once without particularly paying attention), in addition to the mega-evo specials. Indeed, I'm somewhat surprised those have been brought into the mainstream, but I suppose I could have seen that coming. Mega-evolution really does seem to be the arc's overlying theme.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Taking this here;
A shorter gap? Haha. I expected you to say a longer gap. It's fairly obvious that Ash won't be facing the Anistar Gym until at least August however that is still too early. Considering that Ash vs Valerie happened at the end of May. This would therefore mean that there will be a minimum of just 9 episodes between Valerie and Olympia, the same short gap as between Ramos and Clemont. There will probably be an episode involving Ash and co arriving in Anistar City but not battling Olympia straight away, as has been the case with all the gym leaders this region (except for Grant actually, now that I think about it) but even so that could only potentially fill the first episode of August. This would mean that there would only be a gap of 10 episodes between Valerie and Olympia (if we assume that the first episode after this one will involve Ash and co reaching Anistar City). This is still too short however. I was expecting and hoping for at least a 15 episode gap as that would mean that Ash wouldn't face Olympia until at least September. Normally I wouldn't really care however I don't want Ash to speed through the gyms as I want him to take time to explore the region and also we know that Ash won't be leaving Kalos until at least Autumn 2016 so I want the gyms and the league to actually last what will likely be at least the whole 3 years.

We will see what they'll pull off. We still have a some stuff left like Eevee and Frogadier, Serena's Showcase arc etc. But either way, fasten your seat belts kids, cause if we are going to a get proper arc after League, we will get fillers in the league arc instead.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
I have a new prediction about a future XY episode that would make a lot of sense.

So based on XY81 it seems that they are traveling back through route 16 to Lumiose because of the Lost Hotel, which second entrance in route 16 is actually the one where you can find a trash can with rotom in it.

So if this is the case, I am 100% sure we see a Shota vs Clemont 3 vs 3 battle around XY83-85 with Shota winning his rematch. He traveled to Coumarine for the one badge and Lumiose is not as far away. It would make a lot of sense and we could see a improvement of him being a trainer.

I agree that we will get a Shota vs. Clemont battle. However, I think it'll be his eight badge and will happen just before the league during the final Lumiose arc in which we also get closure on Blaziken Mask, etc.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i can see her Winning Againts Shauna at last episode of showcase then losing to Aria at the final round

I want her to crush Shauna at the very least since I dislike her personality somewhat, plus seeing Serena overcome that obstacle would make me cheer. :p

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
While we're discussing showcases, I really hope Jessie wins at least one showcase or is able to get in the Master Class even if she loses right away. She did make into the Grand Festival in Sinnoh so anything is possible.

Lorde

While we're discussing showcases, I really hope Jessie wins at least one showcase or is able to get in the Master Class even if she loses right away. She did make into the Grand Festival in Sinnoh so anything is possible.

She still lost though, so I'm not sure if a repeat of that in this saga would even be necessary or appealing. I don't want more disappointment when XY has enough of that imo.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored

She deserves to win at least once, if only because Pumpkaboo is so adorable and loyal.. I love ha.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I agree that we will get a Shota vs. Clemont battle. However, I think it'll be his eight badge and will happen just before the league during the final Lumiose arc in which we also get closure on Blaziken Mask, etc.

Why another match between them when Scottie could win his last gym badge in another gym. ^^

Lorde

Why another match between them when Scottie could win his last gym badge in another gym. ^^

I wouldn't mind Clemont vs. Shota round two actually if it gives Clemont something to do for an episode, though Clemont losing just so Shota can get a badge would be disappointing.

ssquaderi

If we see another battle of Shota's against a Gym Leader, I think it will be against Valerie instead of Clemont...if we see Mega Sceptile (Dragon type) against Valerie's fairies, could show just how strong Shota has become...

Remix2

Since we are getting near the end of what that little XY preview trailer showed us, I hope we get another one soon.

I think the next preview will air during the rotom episode. also the data boardcast thing we get will updated soon after episode 78. So hopefully we get some good stuff to look forward to in the preview.

Lorde

I'm not sure what more important character appearances we'd need to know of via a preview when we already know to expect Olympia and Alain this year though. :x

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wouldn't mind Clemont vs. Shota round two actually if it gives Clemont something to do for an episode, though Clemont losing just so Shota can get a badge would be disappointing.

I could see that happening. I don't see Shota beating Ash, so they might let him beat one of the sidekicks like Clemont to make up for it. That's probably why Tierno was the one to beat Serena, not that beating her is a achievement to brag about, anyone in Kalos could do it. I'd complain about how Clemont would be used just to lose, but right now I'm not picky on Clemont screentime.

Ozonne

I'm really curious as to what exactly is the writers' intent with Shota. Is he really meant to pose a serious threat to Ash with a Mega Sceptile and possibly defeat him in the league, or is this the kind of rivalry like what we got in the XY games where we would actually feel guilty about crushing our rival each and every time? ;w; (or at least I felt guilty about it...>.>;; )

Personally, I don't really want to see Shota defeating Ash ):3

ssquaderi

I'm really curious as to what exactly is the writers' intent with Shota. Is he really meant to pose a serious threat to Ash with a Mega Sceptile and possibly defeat him in the league, or is this the kind of rivalry like what we got in the XY games where we would actually feel guilty about crushing our rival each and every time? ;w; (or at least I felt guilty about it...>.>;; )

Personally, I don't really want to see Shota defeating Ash ):3

they certainly hyping it up for a Scottie win over the League, personally I don't see it happeing though, I see something like the Ash vs Paul full battle at Lake Valor, Ash might be 5-1 up, and Mega Sceptile will defeat 4 Pokemon, the last one being Frogadier who will evolve to win the battle...

Captain America X

they certainly hyping it up for a Scottie win over the League, personally I don't see it happeing though, I see something like the Ash vs Paul full battle at Lake Valor, Ash might be 5-1 up, and Mega Sceptile will defeat 4 Pokemon, the last one being Frogadier who will evolve to win the battle...

I somehow doubt that they would make Mega Sceptile so overpowered that it would take 5 pokemon including one of said pokemon to evolve to defeat it.The last time we got a Pokemon that OP was with a legendary pokemon but even then it only took 4 not 5 to defeat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.