• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Opening and Ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned

SlimeStack

I don't know if this is the best place to put this, but what do people think of the mega Lucario at the end? It's so close to the montage of the other main Pokémon and comes right after Pikachu, are they trying to foreshadow Ash getting one? Or are Korrina's Lucario and the mega evolution plot just going to play a big enough role that it warrants a mega Lucario right at the end?

Sephora

yes I'm back
I love the opening, it's one of the best in the entire show - as for ending, it's pretty awful visually.

I agree. It's like the writers put all their hard work into the opening, and spent two minutes on the ending. I have to admit though, I liked the ending song, but the visual was terrible.
The opening is more important so I am glad it is so well done.

BlazeKnight7

I don't know if this is the best place to put this, but what do people think of the mega Lucario at the end? It's so close to the montage of the other main Pokémon and comes right after Pikachu, are they trying to foreshadow Ash getting one? Or are Korrina's Lucario and the mega evolution plot just going to play a big enough role that it warrants a mega Lucario right at the end?

Ash getting a Lucario would be amazing! Though, Idk if Ash is really a trainer worthy of a Lucario, Not to mention he'd probably rarely use him like 90% of his good Pokemon not named Pikachu.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I agree. It's like the writers put all their hard work into the opening, and spent two minutes on the ending.

But the writers have nothing to do about how good an opening/ending is.

kalosftw296

I prefer the BW opening and ending for DA, but I do like spoilers. The Chespin that Clemont owns is an eye-opener and I'm not very surprised than Serena got Fennekin. Too inevitable. Liked the fast pace of the opening. The ending was made absolutely *****.

MEGA LUCARIO FOR ASH!!!!!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
But the writers have nothing to do about how good an opening/ending is.

Of course they do. They don't just hand the animators a blank slate and say "Here, draw whatever you feel like". The openings and endings are written and storyboarded the exact same way the episodes are.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Of course they do. They don't just hand the animators a blank slate and say "Here, draw whatever you feel like". The openings and endings are written and storyboarded the exact same way the episodes are.

Yep but makes you wonder what the writers were thinking when they told the animators to draw an ending with only Ash and Serena's belongings there. While the only thing to move is Pikachu, stuck inside a Pokedex only being limited to making funny faces. Oh and floating macrons too.

Unless, you know, it's foreshadowing something special between the two. ;D

Zena

Wolf Minded Trainer
For some reason.. I kinda like the visuals for the ending song. It looks more like it's referring to the poke-amie app in the game, though maybe that's too obvious. XD I also find pikachu's faces adorable. <3 Other than that it does also sound as though the singer says "Pikachu" a few times. But That's most likely not the case. (I'm a pikachu lover so. I might just be chu-crazy. lol) Though I find the opening well more thought-out than the ending.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Other than that it does also sound as though the singer says "Pikachu" a few times. But That's most likely not the case. (I'm a pikachu lover so. I might just be chu-crazy. lol)

We have a translation up here, though note that the song is rather nonsensical, and it's a bit unclear exactly what some of these lines even mean.

Last edited:

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
We have a translation up here, though note that the song is rather nonsensical, and it's a bit unclear exactly what any of these lines even mean.

Seeing the translated version of the song made me lol

I see Pikachu, Froakie, and Meowth mentioned in the lyrics but when you try to see the relevance to the song, it literally doesn't make any sense XD

I prefer the BW opening and ending for DA, but I do like spoilers. The Chespin that Clemont owns is an eye-opener and I'm not very surprised than Serena got Fennekin. Too inevitable. Liked the fast pace of the opening. The ending was made absolutely *****.

MEGA LUCARIO FOR ASH!!!!!

i prefer the ending for da i liked seeing everyone in the ending gary paul misty may dawn brock and all their pokemon and i prefer the XY opening a little bit more than DA

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I gotta admit, the X/Y opening is pretty addicting to listen too lol

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I realy like the OP of XY. It will be actually the first Pokémon serie that I watch in Japanese first. It gives me a get-ready-for-another-animé-episode vibe. The way the gymleaders are shown is pretty cool. Xerneas and Yveltal are looking good too. And then the shots of the surroundings, they look very natural.

The Ending, well what shall I say? Pikafaces may be looking cute, but after a while you will get enough of them, I guess.

Elfteiroh

Thunder Leaf
i prefer the ending for da i liked seeing everyone in the ending gary paul misty may dawn brock and all their pokemon and i prefer the XY opening a little bit more than DA

I really like it. Having a background in creative writing, I REALLy like the alliteration that populate that song.

I gotta admit, the X/Y opening is pretty addicting to listen too lol

Agreed. I could listen to it all day without getting tired of it. Especially the part where the singer recites all of the Pokémon types.

If the English dub doesn't keep that part in, or at least the scene of Pikachu sniffing and licking the camera, I'm gonna rage it out all day and night long.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Um, question. Pokemon XY was already aired in the US, wasn't it? What did they use for their opening and closing then? Is there a link to it?

Alola Adventurer

Um, question. Pokemon XY was already aired in the US, wasn't it? What did they use for their opening and closing then? Is there a link to it?

I'm not sure about a link.
But there was no opening in the English Dub for XY because the series was only aired as a preview.
Once XY premieres gets under way in the US, an opening should appear then.

What was shown in the mean time was just a title screen that read Pokémon THE SERIES: XY, and for the credits, score based on a track from the X and Y games was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.